Had Sony promoted Invincible like they did his past albums

tragickingdom

Proud Member
I things would look pretty different today.

It seem like Sony was trying to shut MJ out back then.
They stopped promoting his album, canned his 9/11 tribute song.
and next thing you know MJ was having financial problems.

Yeah, that whole thing was a mess. I will say that in my opinion, there were some very good songs on that album. I didn't find it as consistent or good as Michael's previous albums. But Invincible defintely had some hits on it and it should have done better.

I love Invincible, its my second favourite album. Totally underated.

Invincible isn't up to Michael's standard, but it's still a good album and very underatted. Their are some songs on Invincible that are real classics, and I'm sure will one day be hit singles just like Elvis's not so famous song A Little Less Conversation became a No.1 single around the world for him 25yrs after his death. But unlike Elvis's music, Michael's hasn't and will never date.

Michael never made an album that was rubbish, and that's a fact. I'd say Invincible is the album that real fans own, because everyone knows the songs on Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory but not Invincible. If you played Unbreakable for someone, I'm sure people who don't own the album would think it's a song Michael was working on for his new album, because like all Michael's music it still sounds fresh.

You are my life, Butterflies, Speechless are some of my favourite Michael Jackson songs, I want the world to hear them.

it had good songs that i liked but then it had songs that made me say what was he thinking lol the vocals and hooks were good but the beats were terrible on some songs.

In my humble opinion, it was quite overproduced and tried too hard to catch the musical style that was hip in 2001...maybe there were simply too many people involved in producing it.

I mean, the music was ok, some songs were actually really good. But on all the other MJ-albums you have that voice in your head saying "yes, this is a Michael-Jackson song, it has that certain someting!". Invincible never gave me that feeling.

Back