Guns N' Roses to release new album next month

Victory2004

Proud Member
Guns N' Roses to release new album next month
Thu Oct 9, 2008 6:34pm EDT

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation told Billboard.

The set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, November 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 full-length debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on October 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008. A Dr Pepper spokesperson was not immediately available for comment.

Reuters/Billboard http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSTRE49898V20081009

:wild::wild::wild::wild: I hope this is true this time I've lost count as to how many rumored release dates that have been reported for this album

wow, even Chinese Democracy will come before Mike's new album! :lol:

Hope he doesnt keep the new album hidden for a decade too!

At the rate its taking to record its highly possible lol

Well, this has been a long time coming.

I can't wait to get this :cool:

wow, even Chinese Democracy will come before Mike's new album! :lol:

Hope he doesnt keep the new album hidden for a decade too!

Well Michael's only technically been recording for a couple years, so...

Anyway, we've got one opinion on the album. What's the others?

^^ I like it. Strangely, this is the first Guns 'N Roses album I've heard, so it may not be stacked up against the rest of the albums. But I think it's a brilliant album.

I heard the title track and its not really tht impressive and now I can understand why Axl want this album to be a Flop.Fans need old GNR to get back together.They rocked,this new line up is extremely poor:doh:.

I'm not too impressed by it... :mello: Can't help comparing it to the old material, and I feel that special something just isn't there any more :no:

That's just me though... maybe I fail to see the brilliance in these songs :-/ :lol:

I'm not too impressed by it... :mello: Can't help comparing it to the old material, and I feel that special something just isn't there any more :no:

That's just me though... maybe I fail to see the brilliance in these songs :-/ :lol:

Nah you are right..CD is really a poor album.Axl never wanted to release it i think.But cuz of pressure of record company now its released but there are many rumours about Re union of GNR.Slash' VR is a flop band and axl is totally fucked up cuz in this new GNR there is no permanency,So these guys must Re unite.Thats the only one thing which can really get them on path of success otherwise they will be dead and nobody will know..:D

Mmm! It is truly disappointing that the original band members of Guns & Roses had alot of personal issues that could not be rectified....ultimately that was the distruction, deteriation of their success..!

They were on their way to being the next Led Zeppelin...:2cents:

Last edited:
I enjoyed the album. 17 yrs and worth the wait! Lots of great guitar riffs, Axls' classic yowl, some nice piano, etc, reminds me of the Use Your Illusion material, which I know a lot of fans of Appetite/Lies aren't fond of, so I guess it comes down to preference.

As for the band I don't miss them, except for Izzy, who helped write most of the songs off Appetite, Lies, and Illusion. Listen to the songs from Slash's Snakepit and Velvet Revolver, and it's clear Axl was the creative straw that stirred GNR's drink. Nothing on Slash's post-GNR albums compares to The Blues, Madagascar, Better, Sorry, Chinese Democracy, or Catcher in the Rye. Axl's fine w/out them, kinda like Michael w/out his brothers, lol.

I enjoyed the album. 17 yrs and worth the wait! Lots of great guitar riffs, Axls' classic yowl, some nice piano, etc, reminds me of the Use Your Illusion material, which I know a lot of fans of Appetite/Lies aren't fond of, so I guess it comes down to preference.

As for the band I don't miss them, except for Izzy, who helped write most of the songs off Appetite, Lies, and Illusion. Listen to the songs from Slash's Snakepit and Velvet Revolver, and it's clear Axl was the creative straw that stirred GNR's drink. Nothing on Slash's post-GNR albums compares to The Blues, Madagascar, Better, Sorry, Chinese Democracy, or Catcher in the Rye. Axl's fine w/out them, kinda like Michael w/out his brothers, lol.

Well the stuff on Chinese Democracy would be awesome if Axl got it released in 1995-96 but now tht kind of Rock is out there already.And as far as I can remember AFD was the whole group work not just Axl's or Izzy.We often forget that ppl know GNR cuz of Axl and Slash.Any one of them missing from band means its not GNR.And really its not GNR,Axl keep hiring and firing musicians.Looks like Solo Axl project more than a Band project :D..Anyway now we all know there will be no Reunion ever cuz Axl's ego still rules his mind and as usual he keep blaming others for everything wrong which is nothing new for him I guess.:punk:

I think it's a shame that Axl is allowed to name this album a Guns'n'Roses album.

Axl got right for the name "Guns n Roses" by blackmailing other members and its really a big shame to release such a lame album under tht huge name "Guns n Roses".Although I think Axl is one of the greatest frontman ever but his behaviour is kinda erratic and his ego dont let him apply his talent to his music..Old GNR created those huge hits cuz they had the feeling but this new line up is very much disaapointing..But now its clear that there are no Re union plans of GNR so we will never see any great album by GNR ever again..:(

I agree. The new band is good, but they're a new band, not Guns 'N Roses.

I think Axl named it that so that more people would buy it. They'd see it in the stores, go "A new Guns N' Roses album, I gotta have this!", and buy it. Where an album under a new band name wouldn't sell as much. This backfired on him, though, because it seems that people are blacklisting the new album, and it's not selling very well.

This album is simply amazing and I really hope it doesn't go unnoticed. It is a shame that Axl has kind of wasted the immense talent that he has for the past ~20 years, but this album is so good I'm mostly over it.

I STRONGLY encourage everyone here to check out "This I Love."

axl :shout: axl ...where for art tho axlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

its ok . i had a listen .

This CD must be very popular. I went to three different stores with no luck no joke. But will check on Amazon or ITunes.

Ya thts right..I cant find it here too cuz its not really gettin tht popular still..I've tried soo hard to like but it just cant make me change my mind..Axl shud face reality and hook up with old members of the band so that fans can get what they deserve :yes:

Back