Grrr...New Coins...Please Refuse~~~

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
REFUSE NEW COINS

This simple action will make a strong statement.

Please help do this.. Refuse to accept these when they are handed to you.

I received one from the Post Office as change and I asked for a dollar bill instead.

The lady just smiled and said 'way to go' , so she had read this e -mail.

Please help out...our world is in enough trouble without this too!!!!!

U.S.Government to Release New Dollar Coins

get-attachment.aspx

You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST'
IS GONE!!!
If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!

DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE

Together we can force them out of circulation.

Please send to all on your mailing list!!!

get-attachment.aspx

:angel:In God We Trust

Not every one believes in god in America.

I agree and I happen to like the new dollar coins. Especially since the Statue Of Liberty is on the one side of it. That is why I like them. Because it reminds me of the field trip that I took to see the Statue of Liberty. The only problem is I just hope they are not the same size as the quater. Like those Sacagawea dollars were.

this is a 3-year-old false rumour. the inscription was never even gone.
f_laugh.gif

"in god we trust". no "y'all" don't.

Honestly, I don't even care. I believe in God, but not everyone does. I think equality is a good thing.

Hmm, I just checked out a new $1 coin that someone put in my stocking at work (everyone had a Christmas stocking and the docs put little goodies in them for us). At first it didn't appear to have "In God We Trust" on it, but IT'S THERE. It's inscribed along the rim around the coin. But in all honesty, it just wouldn't be that big of a deal either way; it's just a coin for gosh sake.

There are much bigger things going on that need attention imo, but each to his own I guess.

Gotta agree it doesn't really make any difference. Never understood it being there in the first place. God isn't about money. Why they keep making all these new coins and ish anyway :unsure:

Although we are all entitled to our beliefs, opinions, thoughts, and feelings...and yes there are people in the United States of America that do not believe in God...

It may not be important to them but it not only important to me but many like minded people...

Founding Fathers of the United States

Jump to: navigation, search

Scene at the Signing of the Constitution of the United States, by Howard Chandler Christy.

John Trumbull's famous painting is usually incorrectly identified as a depiction of the signing of the Declaration. The painting actually depicts the five-man drafting committee presenting their work to Congress. Trumbull's painting can also be found on the back of the U.S. $2 bill[1]

The Founding Fathers of the United States were the political leaders who signed the Declaration of Independence or otherwise participated in the American Revolution as leaders of the Patriots, or who participated in drafting the United States Constitution eleven years later. During the American Revolutionary War and therefore changed the course of american history, the Founders were opposed by the Loyalists who supported the British monarchy and opposed independence (though most Loyalists remained in the U.S. after 1783 and supported the new government).[2] Some authors draw a distinction between the Founders, who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776 or participated in the Revolution, and the Framers, who drafted the United States Constitution to replace the Articles of Confederation, in 1787.[3] That distinction is not made in this article.
Warren G. Harding is credited with coining the phrase "Founding Fathers" in his keynote address to the 1916 Republican National Convention when he was still a Senator.

Religion
Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Some of the 1787 delegates had no affiliation. The others were Protestants except for three Roman Catholics: C. Carroll, D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons. Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (Episcopalian, after the Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists, the total number being 49. Some of the more prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical or vocal about their opposition to organized religion, such as Jefferson. Some of them often related their anti-organized church leanings in their speeches and correspondence, including George Washington[10], Thomas Jefferson (who created the "Jefferson Bible")[11], and Benjamin Franklin[12]. However, other notable founders, such as Patrick Henry, were strong proponents of traditional religion. Several of the Founding Fathers considered themselves to be deists or held beliefs very similar to that of deists.[13]

Source: Wiki

:angel:Knowledge Is Growth...Education Is The Key~~~

Last edited:
In God We Trust

History

The motto E Pluribus Unum ("from many, one") was approved for use on the Great Seal of the United States in 1782. It still appears on coins and currency, and was widely considered the national motto de facto.[2] However, by 1956 it had not been established so by legislation as the official "national motto". The Congressional Record of 1956 reads: "At the present time the United States has no national motto. The committee deems it most appropriate that 'In God we trust' be so designated as U.S. national motto."[1]

One possible origin of In God We Trust is the final stanza of The Star-Spangled Banner. Written in 1814 by Francis Scott Key (and later adopted as the U.S. national anthem), the song contains an early reference to a variation of the phrase: "...And this be our motto: 'In God is our trust'."[3] An alternative origin could be through John Milton Hay who was Abraham Lincoln's personal secretary. Hay was a graduate of Brown University whose motto, In Deo Speramus, is Latin for "In God We Hope".[citation needed]

Gee, we Finns wouldn't even have any money had we boycotted new coins and bills everytime somebody decided to change them. :wild: Look at it this way, the more often money changes its appearence the more difficult it is to forge. I read somewhere that the US Dollar is the most forged currency in the world.

Lets not get angry at eachother for this hehe :)

I see all the historical importanses of these words, and I know that many people in USA have strong beliefs in the christian god.

I just don't think that a religious statement should be on coins that everybody can use. USA is a very mixed place with many different nationalities and religions. I think it would be much more beautifull if it said

"In eachother we trust".

again, your holy inscription is not gone.

what are you boycotting it for?

Why...?
Hiding the "FACT" that the United States of America was "founded" as...

"ONE NATION UNDER GOD"

Reference: United States History

Our ancestors fought for Freedom, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness...

I for one am VERY PROUD" to be born and raised a citizen of the United States of America...although not perfect from time to time...but its the best one we got.

Like minded people like myself feel that this is very disrepectful to our Founding Fathers, and all the human beings that have & continue to sacrifice their life for this beautiful Nation called the land of opportunity..!

For 90% of Americans, the coin, the dollar bill (s) ect. are NOT just a coin, or piece of paper.

:angel:When the chips are down...we will continue to always be "ONE NATION UNDER GOD"

again: it is not gone, it's not "hidden". the inscription is still there.

and i love how you emphasised the word 'fact' with quotation marks. quite appropriate.

i suggest next time you research your preachings.

knowledge is growth ~ education is the key.

again: it is not gone, it's not "hidden". the inscription is still there.

and i love how you emphasised the word 'fact' with quotation marks. quite appropriate.

i suggest next time you research your preachings.

knowledge is growth ~ education is the key.

My goodness gracious...Who is Preaching..?

You inquired...I answered your question. We are ALL entitled to our beliefs, thoughts, and feelings

Sorry to disappoint you but some of my major interests in United States Legal System are Constitutional Law, Contract Law, and Social Justice.

I would think after all these years of schooling I would know something about the history of the United States of America Government System.

With no disrespect intended: If you would have done your research you would have understood the why's & the how's of my response to your question.

"FACT" = the United States of America "was indeed" created by our founding fathers as "ONE NATION UNDER GOD"

You may not think its hidden, but we do...being hidden is just as bad as removing "In God We Trust"...

Bottom line: 90% of Americans feel it is very disrepectful..!

From the Masters:
"Never forget where one (s) comes from...God givith...God taketh away..!"

:angel:Knowledge is Growth...Education Is The Key~~~

Last edited:
90% ? Where'd that figure come from? And how do you hide something on a coin? It's either there or not which is it? *needs to get a damn dollar coin just to follow along*

Is there a pic of this online somewhere?

90% ? Where'd that figure come from? And how do you hide something on a coin? It's either there or not which is it? *needs to get a damn dollar coin just to follow along*

Is there a pic of this online somewhere?

One of my fellow law students emailed this to me...I thought it was interesting so I posted it...

You can find the pertinant information of falsehood and or mandated by Congress for the United States Mint to "RETURN" the "In God We Trust" back on the front or back of these coins by the ninth edition series in 2009 due to the overwellming response of the American Citizens of the United States.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

Last edited:
this is the most effort i've put into such a worthless topic...

now you're just trying to pass off as if you knew there was an inscription all along, playing on words like "hidden".
f_laugh.gif

i think instead of concerning yourselves with what isn't (but really is) written on dollars, you should concentrate on why more and more people have less of them today.

Last edited:
Re: this is the most effort i've put into such a worthless topic...

now you're just trying to pass off as if you knew there was an inscription all along, playing on words like "hidden".
f_laugh.gif

i think instead of concerning yourselves with what isn't (but really is) written on dollars, you should concentrate on why more and more people have less of them today.

Good Grief...This was not meant to be a political debate; Nor am I trying to pass off anything...

I, like Mr.Jackson are human and by no means did I, WE ever say I, WE were, are perfect...

Bottom line, Whether "IN GOD WE TRUST" is on the side, hidden, or totally removed from the coin...This is a total disgrace to the United States of America FOUNDING FATHERS & to ALL the HUMAN BEINGS that has sacrificed their life for this great nation.

You have your beliefs, I have mine...no need to get all defensive...

Last edited:
I love this much better.

I also don't think 90% OF America are upset over coins when there are much worse situations in America that are happening. For instance Economy falling, Human Trafficking in America, and Poverty in America.

Ok then how about 85%...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/godpoll.asp

Live Vote: MNSBC.com

Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 11797128 responses

Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.
15%
dotRed.gif

No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.
85%
dotRed.gif

Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.

Last edited:
Ok then how about 85%...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/godpoll.asp

Live Vote: MNSBC.com

Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 11797128 responses

Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.
15%
dotRed.gif

No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.
85%
dotRed.gif

Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.

wow thats a lot for such a big country!

btw - I think it looks kinda cool with the sentence on the site of the coin!

here in denmark where changing the looks of the coin very often. We don't have any statement like that on our coins but we do have the royal sail of Queen Margrethe II on the one side of it. I would actually feel very disrespected if there where put any religious statements on our coins. But I understand that it is more than a religious matter in USA as it has something to do with the founding of the states.

It does look cool on the side like that :yes: What is the issue though? It's not on the front or back probably cuz with the new design it didn't fit? blah so not worthy for time for me.

Umm, seriously I don't buy the 85% anymore than the 90% - that's just the people they get to respond. What about the rest of us that were never asked or the percentage of peeps who passed over the poll cuz they didn't care?

Anyway, it's there so I don't see any significance of it either way. Agrees with the others - maybe I would care if I had a few more of em to rub together *shrugs* Got bigger problems - there are people starving to death and being beaten to death - what's printed on a coin isn't all that.

well if thats all some have to worry about then great. im sure others are more bothered aobut losing thier homes and jobs etc

:angel:Heal The World~~~

Knowledge Is Growth...Education Is The Key~~~

Back