GREATEST POP SONGS FROM THE 90's-MICHAEL INCLUDED!!!

smoothcriminal12

Proud Member
Look what I found:

http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

Michael Jackson - Black or White
Michael Jackson - Earth Song
Michael Jackson - Will You Be There
Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone

They included four MJ songs as the best 90's pop songs-including Earth Song and Will You Be There!!!!

Last edited:
They also included Mike number 36 on the best albums of all time for Thriller!!!

THE VIDEO (Top 50)
# Artist - Album Year
1 Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon 1973
2 The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico 1967
3 The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper s Lonely Hearts Club Band 1967
4 Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV 1971
5 Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin Bob Dylan 1963
6 The Doors - The Doors 1967
7 The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds 1966
8 King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King 1969
9 Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde 1966
10 The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) 1968
11 Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II 1969
12 The Rolling Stones - Aftermath 1966
13 The Who - Who s Next 1971
14 David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust 1972
15 Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks 1975
16 The Beatles - Revolver 1966
17 Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland 1968
18 Frank Zappa - Freak Out! 1966
19 U2 - The Joshua Tree 1987
20 Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks, Here s the Sex Pistols 1977
21 Nirvana - Nevermind 1991
22 The Beatles - Abbey Road 1969
23 The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed 1969
24 Radiohead - Ok Computer 1997
25 The Clash - London Calling 1979
26 Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin 1969
27 Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn 1967
28 The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers 1971
29 Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited 1965
30 Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced? 1967
31 Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets 1968
32 Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures 1979
33 AC/DC - Back In Black 1980
34 Frank Zappa - Hot Rats 1969
35 Black Sabbath - Paranoid 1970
36 Michael Jackson - Thriller

And For The Greatest songs of the 80's?????

1 Michael Jackson - Thriller

8 USA For Africa - We Are The World

32 Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

75 Michael Jackson - Bad

208 Michael Jackson - Beat It

434 Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

542 Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel

954 Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney - Say,Say,Say

Look at that. Go Michael!! :imbad:
972 Michael Jackson - The Girl Is Mine

1147 Michael Jackson - I Just Can t Stop Loving You

so thriller was the #1 song (which didnt even make #1 on charts) but the album thriller is #36 (although it has sold more than double any other album in history)

That list is OK. No doubt Thriller should be on top, but I see they do prefer the older music-style. At least they tried not desperately to hold Michael out of that list, just because of their personally preferences.

Is that album chart related to sales? radio plays? a poll? or is it just some editor's opinion?

Thriller being on no. 36 is just wrong, but taking a look at the list, he's the only non-rock act, so the writter/editor's musical taste may have something to do with it.

Is that album chart related to sales? radio plays? a poll? or is it just some editor's opinion?

Thriller being on no. 36 is just wrong, but taking a look at the list, he's the only non-rock act, so the writter/editor's musical taste may have something to do with it.
Sharp eyes! You're exactly right! This list shows he's not being shunned anymore.

The tide is starting to turn.
:yes:

The webmaster is someone from another forum I frequent. He's a total rock head :lol: :lol:

That site is a music cafe for all music fans of all artists, all genres. Not long ago they held a countdown of top 100 albums of all time. Michael had 3 positions in top 10, Dangerous, Bad, and Thriller at #7, #2, and #1 respectively :punk::punk: Mind you, that's BY NO MEANS a fan site :lol:
In the countdown of top 100 artists, he lost to Madonna though :( But that's because I forgot to vote :lol: :lol: He's only several point behind Madonna and he beats Beatles :)
BTW, in "top 100 songs", Billie Jean came at 3, lost to Dont Speak :huh: and Bohemien Rapshody :)

Last edited:

Yeah it does. I've seen a lot of random rock music fans whenever they create a list, "Thriller" is the only pop/R&B album on it.

Last edited:
BTW, in "top 100 songs", Billie Jean came at 3, lost to Dont Speak :huh: and Bohemien Rapshody :)

Um, I can understand about it coming behind Bohemian Rhapsody because that is truly an incredible song, but how did it come at #2 behind "Don't Speak"? Good song, but nothing groundbreaking. Anyway, it's cool that BJ made it so high on the list.

Last edited:
And For The Greatest songs of the 80's?????

1 Michael Jackson - Thriller

8 USA For Africa - We Are The World

32 Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

75 Michael Jackson - Bad

208 Michael Jackson - Beat It

434 Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

542 Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel

954 Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney - Say,Say,Say

Look at that. Go Michael!! :imbad:
972 Michael Jackson - The Girl Is Mine

1147 Michael Jackson - I Just Can t Stop Loving You

and they say that he isn't a good songwriter... How many of these songs were written or co-written by Michael ???

8(!!!) out of 10, isn't it great?:punk:

Last edited:
^^ thats another thing that confuses me

how people say he isnt a good song writer

yeah, more of his self-written songs became number ones than other MJ songs which were not written by himself. He's just an awesome songwriter.

This list is pretty cool. A lot of my favorite artists are on there. And that Michael is among those great artists and bands from the 70's is AWESOME! You don't see Prince on that list. Neiher Madonna. Michael Jackson, is among the greats of all time!

The Thriller album is so great because it's made for everyone. It's not too pop, it's not too rock. It's like the best from both worlds :)

Back