great music quote from Michael

analogue

Proud Member
I can't remember where it's from but i love it

This is what he said

''Great music isn't about the hot beats that will be here today and gone tomorrow. It's about the melodies that will last a life time''

This is a quote is something which alot of people in the music industry should really listen to because now a days all everyone seems to be about is ''the hot beats'' and have completly forgotten about the melody. Yes having a good beat is important but if a song has no great melody then it's pretty forgetable in my opinion

and what's really sad is that when there was talk about MJ's latest album coming it was said that MJ wanted the album to have killer melodies on it. It's a real shame that we'll never get to hear what MJ intended for us to here

Only that today's beats are getting poorer and poorer, not to mention soulless, performed by some that're starting to look like homunculi. ...

Michael said people want a melody and a message in the songs, to someone he worked with his last years.

I guess it all depends on what is really important for you.

MIchael loved music. Michael was in love with melody, music, sound, the whole musical experience, so for him, that was all about it: real, fantastic music as a whole.

Most people are in love with fame and fortune, not with music. For them, music is but an means to get fame and fortune, so melody and so on is not important at all, but only making it sound so that they can be "famous" or get their pockets full.

Michael was in love with his music, but he was also smart and he was aware of the power of great music, both as a way to get you in people's hearts and minds for ages, and also to fill your pockets in the process ;)

Gotta love the man!!!

Back