great interview

Ingelief

Proud Member
i came across this and did not know it so for all of you who also did not know this

http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/interviews/onlineaudiochat.html

he says something that suprised me:

If you could only perform one of your songs for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?"
Michael: Ooh, it would probably be... if I could pick more than one, up to two or three?
Anthony: yeah, I think we can go that far.
Michael: Heal The World, Speechless, um, and that's a difficult one... I think, uh.. huh... ummm, You Are My Life.

those werent on this is it, also not in the setlist? heal the world im not sure..
Thats strange because it would be amazing here him sing that! why did he not choose it? i know the fans could pick but first of all i dont believe that happend because alot of us would choose different songs.. and it would also be his concert for his kids and speechless is ... wow love it
it should be there for them :*( now its to late

You can hear (and see) him singing a little bit of Speechless in TII, but I don't know if it was in his final setlist:naa:

wow amazing now i remember again! thank you so much for that!
what do you think about his three songs he would pick if he only got the perform 3 songs..
also did not know his fav songs are speechless lost children and forgot the third but wow great isnt it??? i really like those songs and im not a fan of balads..

Well at that time the interview was making, then the Invincible album was closed to released or either it just was released, so I guess that he metioned some of those songs (except from Heal The World) to make some hype about his new album.

Yeah. Guess he was also promoting Invincible.

do you really believe that from Michael??????????????? if he answers he will be truthfull so why say he is promoting? read the interview....... sorry but i believe that... at that moment he felt that way..

No doubt these songs means/meant alot to him, but I think he was not stupid, he new how to promote his albums.
And at the time maybe he meant it, but at 30th anniversary none of the songs were performed - on the setlist for TII none of the Vince songs were on.

I doubt Speechless was meant to be performed. I think it is just MJ singing. Like he sings the PYT demo in Dangerous rehearsals and other songs.

sorry but when the 30 an wasnt the album released so that is logic he did not perform them
as for this is it, i dont know why it isnt but i do know the setlist of this is it is strange to me. because its mostly a repeat of the other tours and not what i believe the fans would love the hear
I would kill for speechless in that movie. mather of speaking.. or lost children.. you can hear his kids inspiration there
and his kids meant everything to him also in this is it time

Great interview! Great thread! Thank you!!! :) I agree, it's not what us fans would like to hear. Maybe the general Michael Jackson fanbase, though, the thousands of other general fans that would be going to hear the hits they know. :D Michael Jackson's music reaches so many people, he always had to do many of those songs because it is what they want to hear when they pay to go see him, not Speechless or The Lost Children or Keep The Faith. They don't want to feel "preached at". lol They want to hear Beat It and Billie Jean and Thriller and the good stuff! Otherwise the reviews would say, "He played washed up crap and danced about." Not "MJ rocked Billie Jean last night!" Haha, I don't know. Anyway, thanks for sharing! :)

I believe the Michael Jackson Estate is holding on to recorded film and music of Michael Jackson that has not been seen before by the general public.
For example, read the article below about Michael's stay in Ireland:
Did Michael Jackson Record
"The Fields of Athenry"?

by R.J. on Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Well according to Quirky news, yes! After he parted ways with Prince Adullah of Bahrain, Michael Jackson lived in the outskirts of Ireland in 2006. While there, he recorded numerous songs alone and with many artists.

One of these collaborators(either officially or not) is a village choir from Caherraggin. One morning Michael was working in his private studio when he heard an Irish Choir warming up with "The Fields of Athenry". He was so intrigued by the rich storyline, Mr. Jackson felt compelled to introduce himself and sample the music. He sang along with the choir and sounded amazing!

Although it was never meant to etched in stone, somebody from the back recorded the session in it's entirety. Just recently, the choir secretary found an orphan tape on the event in perfect quality and ready for release(save for a few tweaks here or there). The members of the choir felt privileged and ecstatic to be in the singers presence.

Out of shear respect for the recently deceased singer, The Irish Choir has vowed to keep a lid on this rare recording until the promotion of This Is It is all said and done.

The song was written by Pete St. John in the 70's. About an Irish peasant convicted of stealing during the hungry forties(1840's). When a big potato famine stuck the land hard.

The song has been recorded by numerous artists to this day.
http://michaeljacksonbeat.blogspot.com/2009/10/did-michael-jackson-record-fields-of.html

:cheeky:

Heal the World was on the setlist. Audio from either rehearsal or the backing track for the concert is played during the credits of This is it.

SPEECHLESS was in fact meant to be sung (the same snippet) during the break in WBSS, right before MJ cued for the dancers to pop up from the stage using the "toasters"... it was going to be his way of saying "i love u" to the fans at the beginning of the show.. that is why that clip is shown during the movie at that particular moment..

Heal the world was one of his favourites and it was present almost in any concert!

Back