Grand Theft Auto III - Ten Years Later

KingMikeJ

Proud Member

GTA3boxcover.jpg

No way! I remember playing this like CRAZY!!

So do I! The anniversary is later this month, I wonder if Rockstar will do anything to celebrate. (By the way, next year is the 15th anniversary of the entire GTA series).

I hope they announce GTA V.

So do I but they're set on promoting Max Payne 3 for now so I can't see it happening. My personal opinion is that GTA V (or whatever it may be called) will be announced in October 2012, the 15th anniversary of the entire Grand Theft Auto series.

GTA V

Probably settings like this -

8 GB RAM
50 GB HDD storage
Graphic card - 1GB
Processor - 10 Ghz

Lol, these probably won't be real though.. :D

I wonder what kind of super PC can play GTA IV in high graphics in 1080p?
And what kind of PC will you need to play GTA V without lags if GTA IV is so ''sick''?!

“When are we going to see a new GTA????? #bestgameever” - received via Twitter
“When's the new grand theft auto coming out?” - received via Twitter

Big, big shout to all Grand Theft Auto fans worldwide who we know are anxious to hear about what’s next for the franchise but we don’t have any news at this time.
All we can say is, right now, we’re focused on our next upcoming releases which are Max Payne 3 as well as L.A. Noire for PC, Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition and Max Payne for mobile devices. When and if we have anything to report regarding the Grand Theft Auto franchise, you know that we’ll do so here at the Newswire or on our Twitter or Facebook.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...d-max-payne-3-la-noire-red-dead-and-more.html

Announcing Grand Theft Auto III: 10th Anniversary Edition for Select Mobile Devices & the Limited Edition Claude Action Figure

GTA3Ann_collage.jpg

10 years ago, this month, the revolutionary open-world epic Grand Theft Auto III was released to the world – a game that set players loose as a small-time criminal at the bottom of the food chain in Liberty City, a sprawling metropolis where anything can happen – and probably will.

To commemorate the game’s 10th anniversary, we’re proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto III will be coming to select new generation iOS and Android devices later this fall. For the lineup of devices currently confirmed to be supported at launch, check the list below and stay tuned for more devices to be announced:

Apple iOS Devices: iPad 2, iPhone 4S
Android Phones: Droid X2, HTC Evo 2, LG Optimus 2X, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

We’re also pleased to announce that beginning today, a limited-edition action figure of lead character Claude, created by renowned collectible manufacturer Sideshow, will be available for pre-order in limited quantities at the Rockstar Warehouse.

This fully articulated 1:6 scale action figure of Claude comes dressed in his original attire of cargo pants and a bomber jacket, but can also sport his iconic Liberty City Prison-issued jumpsuit (supplied) and comes equipped with an arsenal of classic weapons from Grand Theft Auto III including a bat, knife, grenades, pistol, sniper rifle, and assault rifle.

This rare and valuable collector’s item MSRPs for $149.99, but Social Club members have the exclusive opportunity to nick one for free. Visit www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/sweepstakes/gtaiiianniversary and fill out the entry form by this Sunday October 16th for a chance to be one of three lucky winners.

Also, if you’re in the NYC area and heading to New York Comic Con, stop by our booth where mobile versions of the game will be available to play, you can tour an exclusive gallery featuring the game’s signature art, and get even more chances to win special anniversary edition Grand Theft Auto III and Rockstar Games gear.

We’re also pleased to announce that beginning today, a limited-edition action figure of lead character Claude, created by renowned collectible manufacturer Sideshow, will be available for pre-order in limited quantities at the Rockstar Warehouse.

This fully articulated 1:6 scale action figure of Claude comes dressed in his original attire of cargo pants and a bomber jacket, but can also sport his iconic Liberty City Prison-issued jumpsuit (supplied) and comes equipped with an arsenal of classic weapons from Grand Theft Auto III including a bat, knife, grenades, pistol, sniper rifle, and assault rifle.

This rare and valuable collector’s item MSRPs for $149.99, but Social Club members have the exclusive opportunity to nick one for free. Visit www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/sweepstakes/gtaiiianniversary and fill out the entry form by this Sunday October 16th for a chance to be one of three lucky winners.

Also, if you’re in the NYC area and heading to New York Comic Con, stop by our booth where mobile versions of the game will be available to play, you can tour an exclusive gallery featuring the game’s signature art, and get even more chances to win special anniversary edition Grand Theft Auto III and Rockstar Games gear.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...uto-iii-10th-anniversary-edition-for-sel.html

It's a shame this don't work on my Xperia Play.. THAT would be COOL!!

I don't think I will be buying it. If I had an iPad, I would definitely get the game but as I have an Android I can't even imagine how annoying it would be to play on that small a screen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submit Your Questions Now for a Special GTAIII 10th Anniversary Edition of Asked & Answered

ss5.jpg

As part of our celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the release of Grand Theft Auto III, let's have all your burning questions about the game. Questions about the characters, about the making of the game, really anything you've been dying to know for the past ten years.

We'll select fan questions to be covered in a special edition of Asked & Answered to appear next week - no question should be off-limits to ask provided it's related specifically to Grand Theft Auto III (any questions about the future of the GTA franchise, simply direct yourself to our recent A&A here).

Social Club members can drop them in the comments area below, or shoot questions our way via Twitter or Facebook at will. We'll be wrapping up collecting questions by the end of day this Friday, October 21st - so get 'em our way stat.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...w-for-a-special-gtaiii-10th-anniversary-.html

However, I'm not a fan of touch screen gaming so even with a bigger screen, I can't see it being better than a console version.

So do I! The anniversary is later this month, I wonder if Rockstar will do anything to celebrate. (By the way, next year is the 15th anniversary of the entire GTA series).

Generally, I don't like remakes of films or games but for fans who do GTA III could've gotten the same treatment that Halo, also released ten years ago, did.

Push it to the limit!!

I "push it to the limit" in other areas.;):D

I had no idea you're GTA fan. You don't seem the type! I would've thought you're a Kirby fan!

76ca4831.jpg

I "push it to the limit" in other areas.;):D

I had no idea you're GTA fan. You don't seem the type! I would've thought you're a Kirby fan!

76ca4831.jpg

:lmao:

Ive been a devoted gamer and at the top of my fave games list are: GTA Vice city, Silent Hill: The Room, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear Solid 2, Tomb Raider, Mario Bros 1, Super Mario 3 and Burai Fighter :p

PS: I liked Kirby too :D ....

:lmao:

Ive been a devoted gamer and at the top of my fave games list are: GTA Vice city, Silent Hill: The Room, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear Solid 2, Tomb Raider, Mario Bros 1, Super Mario 3 and Burai Fighter :p

PS: I liked Kirby too :D ....

I'm a little (actually a lot!:D) behind the times. I got my Gamecube in 2009 and my Playstation 2 just a few months ago! I used to be a hardcore collect-every-item-beat-it-on-hard gamer through the 32/64 bit era but then I quit for 6-7 years. A young friend (Hi MJs Kitteh!:):D) brought me back into the life!:bugeyed

The games from the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox era don't seem dated to me because I haven't played them! I have been able to collect tons of games from that period but I just don't have the time to play them.:(

Are you referring to Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES? I finished those years ago!:bugeyed I have to get around to playing the Metal Gear series. I have Tomb Raider Legend and one of the Prince of Persia games. I haven't heard of Burai Fighter but I know the Silent Hill and GTA series are very popular. I will look to add them to my collection.

Oh, and Kirby is tougher than he looks!

49f6a03f.jpg

:D

I love Grand Theft Auto! Can't believe it's been ten years since the release of the third one, spent a lot of time playing it! I think Vice City is proably my favourite though. GTA V looks like it's going to be brilliant, judging from the preview Rockstar released! Very exciting.

I love Grand Theft Auto!
It's neat to know there are female gamers, especially of such genres as Grand Theft Auto, since the industry is so male dominated. I am assuming, of course, that you are a genuine female and not a transsexual who was born Louis.

Back