Got The Hots appreciation thread.

MattyJam

Guests
I've been listening to this on a daily basis recently... it's such a great track I can't believe it was just tagged on as a bonus track on the Japanese Thriller 25. It's much better than For All Time (which doesn't even sound as if it's from the Thriller era).

Anyone else love this track??

I've been listening to this on a daily basis recently... it's such a great track I can't believe it was just tagged on as a bonus track on the Japanese Thriller 25. It's much better than For All Time (which doesn't even sound as if it's from the Thriller era).

Anyone else love this track??

It's fine but I can see why it was left off Thriller.

And For All Time is not from Thriller - it was leaked from the Dangerous sessions and re-recorded for Thriller 25 (it is the only new vocals on the album, and you can tell the difference by comparing). Sony tried to palm it off as from the Thriller era.

Back onto GTH, I definitely think it should have been on the international editions - but it meant fans would pay to have the Japanese edition shipped over - but I doubt that it was a factor, however much $ony suck!

I think For All Time is better than Got The Hots but I still just fell in love with Got The Hots! Awesome track, I love that chorus!

And For All Time is not from Thriller - it was leaked from the Dangerous sessions and re-recorded for Thriller 25 (it is the only new vocals on the album, and you can tell the difference by comparing). Sony tried to palm it off as from the Thriller era.

This is what confuses me.

They have two songs to choose from, one which is actually from the Thriller era and one which is obviously not from the Thriller era and they go with the latter... in spite of the fact that it had already been circulating on the net for several years anyway.

I LOVE this song. After Someone Put Your Hand Out, my favorite previously unreleased track. It's so catchy and that chorus his voice just soars, but in a way that's neither too overwhelming or too chill. A great balance and harmony.

This is what confuses me.

They have two songs to choose from, one which is actually from the Thriller era and one which is obviously not from the Thriller era and they go with the latter... in spite of the fact that it had already been circulating on the net for several years anyway.

I know, but it's Sony.

Instead of letting This Is It becoming the world's biggest-selling single (which the newspapers said it could be), they build up loads of hype and make us buy it as an album-only track to promote a film. But not his first live album, not an album from his last rehearsals with incredible vocals and hundreds of hours to choose from, no. Another greatest hits album with songs we've had hundreds of times - but, of course, we should consider ourselves lucky as there are a couple of demos on a measly Disc 2. It probably becomes the biggest-illegally downloaded track of all time. The album tops charts worldwide and $ony cash in.

Instead of promoting the Billboardalbum of the decade (Invincible) and choosing the song to cement his comeback (Unbreakable) with a 20-minute video - they choose another song as the only single.

They try and mug fans off with a track they claim to be from the Thriller era and sell us a "new track" which is an '80s demo.

Am I missing something, I don't have that song lol :(

LOVE LOVE LOVE Got The Hots!

One of his best early eighties recordings. :)

yeah

this song effing rocks - funky and with an incredible drive...:D

but my no1 of unreleased DANCEtracks is def. hot street!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Back