Got The Hots - Amazing!

Graf

Proud Member
Ok, so I JUST heard this song because MattyJam referred to it in another thread(Thanks!), and it's AMAZING, I love it! They released it on the Japanese edition of Thriller 25, It's just such a Funky song, check it out!

[youtube]3H8CS0grc2E[/youtube]

Last edited:
Isn't it heavenly? Literally, it's the most heavenly chorus I've ever heard! :wub:

I love this song! And yes the chorus is the best. I think it might have been a hit if included on the original Thriller album, although it does sound kind of like an Off The Wall track.

You never heard it before now???

Don't you think it should've been on the album? It's insanely catchy.

I think this is the only MJ song I've never heard. I've never been a big fan of his unreleased stuff and I only heard bad things about this before.

However I do agree with Matty on many things so I'll check it out. I doubt very much it'll be better than P.Y.T though, that's easily in my Top 15.

I always choose to set this song to my greatest memories, for a little slideshow, cause the chorus is so oozing with love and good times, i can't think of the right word for it. With some thriller standard verses and clear intro this would be unreal :)

You never heard it before now???

Don't you think it should've been on the album? It's insanely catchy.

It's sooo catchy :yes:, I think it would have fit perfectly on the album :D, Then again being the highest selling album of all time there shouldn't be any messing with that track list, heh

I think this is the only MJ song I've never heard. I've never been a big fan of his unreleased stuff and I only heard bad things about this before.

However I do agree with Matty on many things so I'll check it out. I doubt very much it'll be better than P.Y.T though, that's easily in my Top 15.

You should definately give it a listen.

Infact, I judge you for not having done it sooner. ;)

For some reason, whenever I listen to this song, I think of the Bad era...not sure why :D

P.S. I LOOOOOOVE the way he sings..."ROCK IT BABAAAAYYYY!!" :woohoo:

Never heard Got The Hots? Have you head other demos?

Yeah, I know the vast majority of other demos/unreleased stuff, just not this.

Most unreleased stuff I've only listened to once or twice. I only really like 'If You Don't Love Me'.

The rest hasn't set me on fire. I've always listened and thought Mike made the right decision by leaving it out. It's normally a bland ballad or a song that sounds like a remake of a better one.

I'd rather not hear them it's stuff that is far inferior to his released songs and it dilutes it for me. I used to think Michael was incapable of making anything but amazing music then stuff started to leak (and Invincible came out) and I was gutted.

I'd much rather listen to a full released album than stuff he never thought was good enough to release in the first place.

I listened to this song this morning in my car a few times, very positive energy! :dancin:

Most unreleased stuff I've only listened to once or twice. I only really like 'If You Don't Love Me'.

The rest hasn't set me on fire. I've always listened and thought Mike made the right decision by leaving it out. It's normally a bland ballad or a song that sounds like a remake of a better one.

I'd rather not hear them it's stuff that is far inferior to his released songs and it dilutes it for me. I used to think Michael was incapable of making anything but amazing music then stuff started to leak (and Invincible came out) and I was gutted.

I'd much rather listen to a full released album than stuff he never thought was good enough to release in the first place.

Did you listen to it? What did you think?

I actually think there's been some pretty good unreleased songs/outtakes over the years. Fly Away, Streetwalker, We've Had Enough, Got The Hots, Escape, Monkey Business. These are all decent tracks. Okay, they're not Who Is It, but they're as good as some of his album tracks and certainly don't "dilute" his back catalogue, at least not for me anyway.

I could live without some of the rough demos on The Ultimate Collection though.

I think Serious Effect is a really good song too, it should have been on Dangerous instead of She drives me wild or Can't let her get away.

When listening to "Got the hots" I also get the Bad era feelin just like Ark :p It's a really nice song but not better then P.Y.T in my opinion.

I actually think there's been some pretty good unreleased songs/outtakes over the years. Fly Away, Streetwalker, We've Had Enough, Got The Hots, Escape, Monkey Business. These are all decent tracks. Okay, they're not Who Is It, but they're as good as some of his album tracks and certainly don't "dilute" his back catalogue, at least not for me anyway.

Can people please explain to me whats so special about who is it, it's a nice composition, but it's very basic really in structure using obvious layers and notes around a simple beat box. Of course music is subjective, so explain to me what you see in it that you don't in the others.

^^ well, to me 'Who Is It' is brilliant simply because Mike used a simple beat box to create the song....That, and how much emotion he is able to evoke in this particular song....I think it's genius...

I love Got The Hots. Kinda disapointed it wasn't on the special edition 2001 release or the Thriller 25 release here in the USA

^^ well, to me 'Who Is It' is brilliant simply because Mike used a simple beat box to create the song....That, and how much emotion he is able to evoke in this particular song....I think it's genius...

It's great stuff but i don't see why it's much better than his other songs as some suggest, it's just at the same level to me, i'd take SIM over it anyday.

Yes I did. As expected it's like almost every other unreleased song - average at best. In fact I wouldn't even say average. Bearing in mind how much we agree on certain songs how you can say this is better than P.Y.T. or TGIM is beyond me!

I'm yet to hear any unreleased track from 1979-1995 that should have made OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous or HIStory instead of the ones that did.

The ones you mention above are not bad Streetwalker, Monkey Business are B side material and yes as we've said before We've Had Enough, Shout & Escape are better than half of Invincible but I understand why they were left off as I don't think MJ wanted another HIStory in terms of content (songs full of anguish).

There's a reason why OTW, Thiller, Bad, Dangerous & HIStory sold tens of millions, because they're perfect as they are and Mike chose the perfect song-list for them.

Can people please explain to me whats so special about who is it, it's a nice composition, but it's very basic really in structure using obvious layers and notes around a simple beat box. Of course music is subjective, so explain to me what you see in it that you don't in the others.
Just the way he sings it, how it builds up to the chors, everything. It's so special and unique. One of Michael best songs.

What do you think of The Ultimate Collection demos? In The Back, The Way You Love Me, Fall again, Beautiful Girl are IMO just amazing. And they are all just rough demos but I still consider them as final demo songs, cause of how good they are.

We've had enough, I forgot.

I think that Earth Song, Stranger In Moscow and Who Is It may be the three best songs he ever did. But that's just me. They all have the special thing which cannot be explained.

Yes I did. As expected it's like almost every other unreleased song - average at best. In fact I wouldn't even say average. Bearing in mind how much we agree on certain songs how you can say this is better than P.Y.T. or TGIM is beyond me!

I'm yet to hear any unreleased track from 1979-1995 that should have made OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous or HIStory instead of the ones that did.

The ones you mention above are not bad Streetwalker, Monkey Business are B side material and yes as we've said before We've Had Enough, Shout & Escape are better than half of Invincible but I understand why they were left off as I don't think MJ wanted another HIStory in terms of content (songs full of anguish).

There's a reason why OTW, Thiller, Bad, Dangerous & HIStory sold tens of millions, because they're perfect as they are and Mike chose the perfect song-list for them.

Well, here's my two cents...

A song like TGIM gets overlooked for being a MOR corny cheesefest, because it's on such a huge album, sandwiched between some of the best pop songs ever written.

We've all given songs like PYT, Baby Be Mine and TGIM hundreds of repeated listens due to the strength of the singles on the album. When an album becomes as classic as Thriller has, it's almost like it's blasphemous to say anything against it. But I couldn't care less about Thriller the phenomenon, I just care about the music. To my ears, TGIM is average at best, and Got The Hots has a brilliant funky bassline and a much stronger hook.

Some fans seem to be under the impression that just because an artist records a track and doesn't end up releasing it, then it must mean the song wasn't up to scatch.

Whilst this may be true in some cases, it is far from the case with certain songs.

Well, here's my two cents...

A song like TGIM gets overlooked for being a MOR corny cheesefest, because it's on such a huge album, sandwiched between some of the best pop songs ever written.

We've all given songs like PYT, Baby Be Mine and TGIM hundreds of repeated listens due to the strength of the singles on the album. When an album becomes as classic as Thriller has, it's almost like it's blasphemous to say anything against it. But I couldn't care less about Thriller the phenomenon, I just care about the music. To my ears, TGIM is average at best, and Got The Hots has a brilliant funky bassline and a much stronger hook.

Some fans seem to be under the impression that just because an artist records a track and doesn't end up releasing it, then it must mean the song wasn't up to scatch.

Whilst this may be true in some cases, it is far from the case with certain songs.

But tbh, paul mccartney could never have pulled of got the hots :p

Just listened to it again....The verses and chorus are so different from each other, yet flows so well....my fave part of the chorus is....

Our love will shine at the dawn of a brand new feeling
Just take your time and you'll see that the magic's on its way

this part just takes me to another world...it's so heavenly..and i love the little funky groove that trails behind him...omg, i really love this song....

Back