Gone Too Soon should be released as single

djvernon

Proud Member
Title says it all. I hope Sony will re-release Gone Too Soon single with instrumental as 2nd track. They have to edit a new videoclip with a lot off beautiful moments from Mike's history. Off course the cover has to be beautiful, but please don't put the date of birth and date of death anywhere on the cover if you will release it...

Title says it all. I hope Sony will re-release Gone Too Soon single with instrumental as 2nd track. They have to edit a new videoclip with a lot off beautiful moments from Mike's history. Off course the cover has to be beautiful, but please don't put the date of birth and date of death anywhere on the cover if you will release it...

That song is Ryan Whites, it would not be appropriate for Michael

What about 'Will you be there?' (I'm talking about the complete version with the poem at the end, of course).
Edit: with 'Music and me' as the B-side.

Last edited:
'Gone Too Soon' is a the song I listen to all day eveyday, I agree it should be released

That song is Ryan Whites, it would not be appropriate for Michael
Michael allowed it to be used when Princess Diana died and quoted the song when talking to Barbara Walters when discussing Diana so that song isnt soley for Ryan White. Its for those who are 'Gone Too Soon' like Michael so it would be appropriate to use for Michael.

Michael allowed it to be used when Princess Diana died and quoted the song when talking to Barbara Walters when discussing Diana so that song isnt soley for Ryan White. Its for those who are 'Gone Too Soon' like Michael so it would be appropriate to use for Michael.

the song was used on a compilation album for Diana, Michaels didn't record anything for her because he was busy touring.

The song was for Ryan, the cover featured Michael and Ryan and the video was a tribute to Ryan.

Thats like using Candle in the wind for when Elton John dies

Michael wrote the song for Ryan, it would seem a bit immoral to use a song he wrote purposely for a dear friend of his, the song was used on a compilation album for Diana, Michaels didn't record anything for her because he was busy touring.

The song was written specifically for Ryan, the cover featured Michael and Ryan and the video was a tribute to Ryan.

Immoral is a way too strong a word for starters.

2nd Gone Too Soon was written by Larry Grossman & Buz Kohan not Michael Jackson and it wasnt written specifically for Ryan. Michael dedicated it to Ryan after he died. When Michael released it yes it featured Ryan as part of that dedication.

The song is written about those who are gone too soon. This is why Michael felt that it was also appropriate for Diana thats why he let it be used for that compilation. Well its appropriate for Michael himself now.

Gone Too Soon was not written directly at anyone where as Candle In The Wind was for Monroe and rewritten for Diana.

Immoral is a way too strong a word for starters. 2nd Gone Too Soon was written by Larry Grossman & Buz Kohan not Michael Jackson and it wasnt written specifically for Ryan. Michael dedicated it to Ryan after he died. When Michael released it yes it featured Ryan as part of that dedication.

The song is written about those who are gone too soon. This is why Michael felt that it was also appropriate for Diana thats why he let it be used for that compilation. Well its appropriate for Michael himself now.

Yes I edited my post ;)

I just don't think its in good nature have have someone singing a song about there own passing, I think if Sony do anything they should release something new, or something to celebrate Michael

Just a small not from me. the author of this topic. I will only buy a ''tribute single'' if it's a MJ song. All other ''tribute singles'' I will not buy...

Yes I edited my post ;)

I just don't think its in good nature have have someone singing a song about there own passing, I think if Sony do anything they should release something new, or something to celebrate Michael

Im sure Sony have plenty to pick and choose from to release in memorial of Michael. They wont need to release a previously recorded track. My point was simply that GTS wasnt specifically for Ryan. It was at the time though and still is a dedication to him.

I only want to but a tribute song if Michael is on it though.

Also like what is said, this song was used for Ryan & Diana when they died, Michael dedicated it to them, you really think Michael would of liked this song, re-packaged and re-released in his memory?

I want to hear something new, leave the tributes to the people he inspired and lets celebrate Michael for all the music we have heard and are yet to hear :)

I feel it would help the world heal. It sure would help me.

Also like what is said, this song was used for Ryan & Diana when they died, Michael dedicated it to them, you really think Michael would of liked this song, re-packaged and re-released in his memory?

I want to hear something new, leave the tributes to the people he inspired and lets celebrate Michael for all the music we have heard and are yet to hear :)

Well we dont know what Michael would want and shouldnt attempt to speak for him. However as I already said, I would rather a new song be released and used. Yes we all want to hear Michaels voice and songs not other people.

Back