Going to UK for the first time. Where to shop for MJ stuff?

ebergen

Proud Member
I'm going to London for the first time next week, and before figuring out my housing and eating arrangements, I want to know where to go to find MJ related stuff! Priorities, right?

I know I'm going to be near the Regent Palace Hotel in City Of Westminster. I'm looking for stores that sell anything MJ related; records, cd's, T-Shirts, etc... Also, what about non-merchandise centered stuff? Any MJ related sightseeing? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm going to London for the first time next week, and before figuring out my housing and eating arrangements, I want to know where to go to find MJ related stuff! Priorities, right?

I know I'm going to be near the Regent Palace Hotel in City Of Westminster. I'm looking for stores that sell anything MJ related; records, cd's, T-Shirts, etc... Also, what about non-merchandise centered stuff? Any MJ related sightseeing? Any help would be appreciated!

Have you seen Thriller Live? I believe its still on at the Lyric Theatre, and I understand there is an MJ-dedication plaque on the front of the theatre.
http://www.nimaxtheatres.com/lyric-theatre/thriller_live

If you want to see the sights, you could take a boat trip down the Thames to the O2....I like the Thames clipper service , fast and with big windows for taking photos at the front. Nothing MJ related at the O2, just a nice trip past lots of London sights. (There is no commentary about the passing scene on this service...for that you need the slower tourist boats)

http://www.thamesclippers.com/routes-times-prices-booking/routes-times-prices-booking.html

If you tire of shopping and want a (long) walk in the parks, you could start from Hyde Park corner (opposite the Lanesborough hotel) and walk along the serpentine...the autumn colours should be getting under way. For a very long walk you can go as far as Kensington Gardens, and visit the Peter Pan statue...nothing to do with MJ; its related to the original Peter Pan book by JM Barrie. The Princess Diana memorial walk (through the park) is in that general direction too.

Last edited:
Back