Going to the o2 tonight...

sugarbunny891

Proud Member
Hi guys , i decided 10 Mins ago to go see Lionel Richie tonight at 02. Anything anyone wants me to look out for or get info on? Also I have just searched for tickets to tonight show....

Lionel Richie
The O2, London
Sun 5 Apr 2009, 18:30
Your Ticket(s)
Section
Row
Seats
Description
BK A3
A
42 - 45
PRICE LEVEL 1
FLOOR SEATING Type4 FULL PRICE TICKET Ticket Price£75.00 x 4 Service Charge£9.00 x 4

Thats what ticketmaster have given me!!! Do you think they will hold back the A block seats till on the day for michael as well???

^^
I got a front row seat for spice girls the day before I went to London to see them:D
so YES I think they sure will!! look out people.

oooh could u take some pictures of the A and B and 112 blocks?? :)

Hi guys , i decided 10 Mins ago to go see Lionel Richie tonight at 02. Anything anyone wants me to look out for or get info on? Also I have just searched for tickets to tonight show....

Lionel Richie
The O2, London
Sun 5 Apr 2009, 18:30
Your Ticket(s)
Section
Row
Seats
Description
BK A3
A
42 - 45
PRICE LEVEL 1
FLOOR SEATING Type4 FULL PRICE TICKET Ticket Price£75.00 x 4 Service Charge£9.00 x 4

Thats what ticketmaster have given me!!! Do you think they will hold back the A block seats till on the day for michael as well???

I wouldn't be surprised if they have held back A block tickets for MJ's concerts. It would be very unfair though. The real fans who have bought tickets during general sale will be at the back and the people who decided to buy a tickets a few days before the show, get front row seats. Unfortunately, this scenario seems very likely. Since I have not seen a lot of people with A block tickets on this forum. On the other hand, I have seen lots of people with upper tier tickets. It saddens me to be honest. I can only hope that all tickets in fact have been really sold out.

I tried myself and got 102 and 101. I hope it's going to be the same for MJ.

I tried myself and got 102 and 101. I hope it's going to be the same for MJ.

When i searched best available i got 102, but then tried selecting floor seats and got front row! So i won't be trusting the "best available" from now on!!

How unfair would that be, some people simply can't drop everything to go the same day/day after, most people have work/family commitments, I hope that at least 95% of the front seats have already been sold to fans.

God that's weird...I wonder why they have those tickets left then? Seems strange that they'd be made available that late. Maybe it will be like that for MJ, I'll be checking lol.

Hey Guys quick update on my disastor of an evening!!

Firstly we decided not to get those tickets and went for block 416 much cheaper!!

It took us 4 hours to do a 50 min journy from my home :( due to accident / traffic etc / toilet stop. By the time we got parked and ran as fast as we could up to the top of the moutine o2 Lionel was saying goodnight!!!! :(
..but he came on for an encore and we worked it out as £10 per song lol. If the journey hadnt been such a laugh and keeping good humoured it would have been fine! on top of all that i forgot my camera!! So didnt get ne pics however 416 was a great view and i wouldnt be so worried if your sitting near there for MJ.
I did however manage to get some phone snaps of some of the MJ bilolboards all across town which i may try and post -

I didnt have time to right this yesterday but i spoke to a lady at TM to ask why it was coming up with row A seat son the night and she said that at all gigs the week before right upintill performance night promotors / sponser etc will give back there spare tix - i said could this happen with michael? She said more than likely but properly not opening night!!!!!
...........take a breath now!

very interesting! you've had really crazy time:) so if tix will be available in 2 days before concert, how can I get them? for example I wiil be in London on 1st September, and there I order tickets for 3rd of September. But the billing adress is in my country,not in London! so how could I get them? :(

Its not definate - but use an internet cafe and usually in the run up to the shows you can print and "e ticket" tm will give you this option when purchasing or collection from the box office :)

We booked an hour before we left for the show and printed are own tickets.

Its not definate - but use an internet cafe and usually in the run up to the shows you can print and "e ticket" tm will give you this option when purchasing or collection from the box office :)

We booked an hour before we left for the show and printed are own tickets.

I see...I will be in London for the 1st time. But I feel I will be sitting in the Internet instead of seeing sights and galleries :D

Hi SugarBunny!

I saw Lionel at Wembley Arena a couple of yers ago and it was a good show. The man just keeps touring relentlessly! He's really communicative and enjoys the experience, which really keeps the show fun. It's a pity you didn't get there earlier, but at least you did see him, that's the main thing.

I have tickets for Block 109 on 18th July and was worried that the view would be no good because it's right at the back. 416 is above 109 so I was wondering what was it like? Do you need binoculars to see the artist on stage?? LOL
Also, is it near the exit? I'm probably going to have to get the tube and don't want to miss the last train home from Waterloo, so I'll have to leave promptly without getting stuck in a queue for the tube! hopefully Mike will actually arrive and begin the show on time so I wont have to miss the end of the show. That would be terrible, and I imagine there will be plenty of other people in the same boat.

Where did you manage to park? If there is a good alternative to the O2's car park I might try that just to make sure I don't miss the end.

thank you!!

Hi SugarBunny!

I saw Lionel at Wembley Arena a couple of yers ago and it was a good show. The man just keeps touring relentlessly! He's really communicative and enjoys the experience, which really keeps the show fun. It's a pity you didn't get there earlier, but at least you did see him, that's the main thing.

I have tickets for Block 109 on 18th July and was worried that the view would be no good because it's right at the back. 416 is above 109 so I was wondering what was it like? Do you need binoculars to see the artist on stage?? LOL
Also, is it near the exit? I'm probably going to have to get the tube and don't want to miss the last train home from Waterloo, so I'll have to leave promptly without getting stuck in a queue for the tube! hopefully Mike will actually arrive and begin the show on time so I wont have to miss the end of the show. That would be terrible, and I imagine there will be plenty of other people in the same boat.

Where did you manage to park? If there is a good alternative to the O2's car park I might try that just to make sure I don't miss the end.

thank you!!

The view was fine - the o2 is so hard to describe because its huge but small at the same time! You will no what i mean when you get there! The views are great from all areas of the stadium although I have been before I was suprised what a great view it is from the back!
We were cheeky with are parking as we parked in the free cinema parking outside the o2, and told the ticket guy we had lost our cinema tickets on the way out! (you have to show them to get free parking) but as we were late we dident want to pay out all that car parking money.
I will have to go try and see Lionel again next year I think.
I have to get the train from waterloo too!! The o2 are pretty good in not overrunning the shows, I mean Lionel finished at just gone 10 !! So not too late at all to catch a train!

When i was there i just kept thinking of Michael being on that stage and imagining everyone just chanting "michael...michael" lol.

I will be at the O2 twice more before seeing Michael (Pink and Britney!) and will be up there in plenty more time - so if anyone can think of anything they need to no / want pics of, i can do it then x

Could you please see how much leg room there is on the upper tier. I plan to buy the merchandise before the concert begins.

Last edited:
Thx for the informations!:)

do you know if drinks are allowed inside without the top of the plastic bottle?

Back