Going to Istanbul, Turkey. Need tips / info please.

micah

Proud Member
Hi,

I am thinking of going to Istanbul for tennis championships in October. It's taking place at Sinan Erdem Dome, Zuhuratbaba Mh., 34147 Bakırköy.

Can someone give me any good tips on hotels / public transport, etc.? Does anyone know any good hotels in that area?

What's the easiest way to get there from the airport?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

I have never been to Istanbul (that I remember, but you grow up so fast so the memories you thouight you had are long lost haha) however I've been to Ankara which is very close to Istanbul I believe... There's ONE thing that you need to be ready for when you got to Turkey is not fall into the trap of street sales, if you wanna avoid of having them throwing stuffs into your face then stay away from it and even if you stop to just "look" around they'll trick you into buying something ridiculous as a blanket and take over prices... and.... they HATE barging! haha... Other than that, Turkey is a wonderful and beautiful country......................with alot of hairy sweaty men!

my husband is from turkey,and he is flying to istanbul at the end of the week,i'll see what he can find out for you,i'll try to remember and post to you in this thread before you go,when are you going?like i said he is going to turkey at the end of the week and will be coming back around 8th oct,he maybe be able to get you a list of hotels,or he could contact his neice who is a teacher in instanbul and ask her,

Last edited:
Back