GLOBAL album chart

bobmoo79

Proud Member
This is the most recent update, but another one (for last weeks sales) should be available in the next day or two. So, just to be clear, this chart is a week out of date.

TOP 10:

01.jpg
Michael Jackson - Thriller (25th Anniversary Reissue)
platina.gif
32 (
platina.gif
)
Epic - 531.000 - 3 weeks at No.1 - Largest Sales Increase
arrow.GIF

02.jpg
Michael Jackson - Number Ones
platina.gif
Epic - 513.000
arrow.GIF

03.jpg
Michael Jackson - The Essential
platina.gif
Epic - 400.000
arrow.GIF

04.jpg
new.JPG
Maxwell - Blacksummers'night Columbia - 321.000 - Hot Shot Debut
arrow.GIF

05.jpg
Michael Jackson - King Of PopEpic - 253.000
arrow.GIF

06.jpg
Michael Jackson - Bad
platina.gif
16Epic - 221.000
arrow.GIF

07.jpg
new.JPG
Perfume - TriangleTokuma Japan Communications Japan - 211.000
arrow.GIF

08.jpg
Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
platina.gif
9Epic - 185.000
arrow.GIF

09.jpg
Michael Jackson - Dangerous
platina.gif
15Epic - 165.000
arrow.GIF

10.jpg
new.JPG
Soundtrack - Hannah Montana 3Walt Disney - 157.000
arrow.GIF

Outside TOP 10:

16.jpg
new.JPG
Michael Jackson - HIStory
platina.gif
9Epic - 74.000
arrow.GIF

25.jpg
new.JPG
Michael Jackson & The Jackson Five - The Motown Years Motown - 57.000
arrow.GIF

29.jpg
new.JPG
Michael Jackson - Invincible
platina.gif
2Epic - 43.000
arrow.GIF

33.jpg
new.JPG
The Jackson Five - The Ultimate Collection
platina.gif
Motown - 36.000
arrow.GIF

Source: Mediatraffic.de

This site compiles chart information to compile the best-estimate global chart on a weekly basis.

WAW!! Michael outsells all new albums! I hope he continues sell more and more... :)

That mean MJ sold 2.478.000 CD's last week alone??

WOW.

Hom many copies has he sold after his death? it must be around 10 million copies.

That mean MJ sold 2.478.000 CD's last week alone??

WOW.

Hom many copies has he sold after his death? it must be around 10 million copies.

If you count Michael's albums and singles sales together since his death then he has sold over 20 million. In the US alone since his death he has sold between roughly 10 million (albums + singles).

Go Michael! I know I have been waiting 3 weeks for some CD's and DVD's to be shipped from Amazon -- they must still be having trouble keeping up with the demand.

If you count Michael's albums and singles sales together since his death then he has sold over 20 million. In the US alone since his death he has sold between roughly 10 million (albums + singles).

This is incorrent. I presume you got that from a newspaper?

In first 4 weeks since he dies, MJ sold as a whole around 8,5 million albums, 12-13 million singles and 1 million DVDs at least. This comes from an expert on UKmix, so I know it's correct.

Sony has shipped about 15.5million albums since June 25th.

It's still amazing considering the state of the music market at the moment.

This is incorrent. I presume you got that from a newspaper?

In first 4 weeks since he dies, MJ sold as a whole around 8,5 million albums, 12-13 million singles and 1 million DVDs at least. This comes from an expert on UKmix, so I know it's correct.

Sony has shipped about 15.5million albums since June 25th.

It's still amazing considering the state of the music market at the moment.

I think you have misread what I've written. I said that Michael has sold over 20 million worldwide, that figure is singles and albums combined. I didn't mean that he had sold 20 million albums alone or 20 million singles alone.

Like you've said Michael has sold 8.5 million albums worldwide and 12-13 million singles since his death: 8.5 million + 12 million = 20.5 million. So how was what I said wrong?

Thank you for the information. I remember hearing on the news somewhere (or read it) that in death Michael Jackson had revived the music industry. I wish that his album sales would be promoted more instead of all the other bull. I hear like a one min blip on how well his album sales are doing, then it goes to the negative speculation stuff. :(

I think you have misread what I've written. I said that Michael has sold over 20 million worldwide, that figure is singles and albums combined. I didn't mean that he had sold 20 million albums alone or 20 million singles alone.

Like you've said Michael has sold 8.5 million albums worldwide and 12-13 million singles since his death: 8.5 million + 12 million = 20.5 million. So how was what I said wrong?

I didn't misread it though I admit I misinterpreted it.
You responded to a question asking about total album sales in a thread about global albums sales. Perhaps you misread the question?

I just assumed you were responding to the question with a figure for album sales, since that was asked and because you quoted that question in your post. As you weren't particularly specific in your response, and because the response wasn't actually answering the question being asked I made the wrong assumption about what you meant and therefore thought you were incorrect. Had I known you were actually talking about unit sales, not album sales I would have of course known you were about right and then answered Hess' question properly. God that was a lot of effort.

:doh:

I could do with a new HIStory CD as mine, the original from 95 (the original pressing and songs are unedited), has started to deteriorate. The foil has speckled holes through it. Very strange because it's not caused by scratches. Anyway, I might get myself a new copy tomorrow.

I didn't misread it though I admit I misinterpreted it.
You responded to a question asking about total album sales in a thread about global albums sales. Perhaps you misread the question?

I just assumed you were responding to the question with a figure for album sales, since that was asked and because you quoted that question in your post. As you weren't particularly specific in your response, and because the response wasn't actually answering the question being asked I made the wrong assumption about what you meant and therefore thought you were incorrect. Had I known you were actually talking about unit sales, not album sales I would have of course known you were about right and then answered Hess' question properly. God that was a lot of effort.

:doh:

At least we've cleared it up now, I apologise if what I had wrote wasn't clear enough :).

Back