'Glee' could cover more Michael, Janet _ and ABBA

rockstar

Proud Member
'Glee' could cover more Michael, Janet _ and ABBA
(AP) – 1 hour ago
NEW YORK (AP) — Scream!
The cast of "Glee" could be planning a Michael or Janet Jackson tribute — that's if "Glee" star Amber Riley can get her way.
"I think it would be prolific for us to do Janet Jackson," said Riley, who stars as divalike glee club member Mercedes Jones.
Riley also said a tribute to the King of Pop is overdue.
"We did a mini tribute to Michael Jackson, but we really want to do a full tribute to Michael Jackson because his music is so timeless, so we really want to touch (on) that," she said.
The cast's sixth CD, "Glee: The Music, Vol. 5," will be out on Tuesday. It will feature covers of Michael's "Thriller" and "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)," as well as the original songs "Loser Like Me" and "Get It Right," a first for the Grammy-nominated act.
Adam Anders, the show's executive music producer, is more interested in covering "some ABBA because I'm Swedish."
"That would be a lot of fun (and I) love the harmonies," he said.
Anders also said it "would be really cool" to remake the 1983 No. 1 song "Africa" from rock group Toto.
The cast of the Fox TV series will kick off a 16-city North American tour on May 21 through June 18; they'll tour Europe for five dates in late June. The cast currently leads with most songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with 120 entries.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...2n_lOQ?docId=b88e2aeb19e840bebe8e76ba7fa0c459

that thriller piece they did last time was okay. i dnt watch glee but i will if theres a all mike episode:wild:

Last edited:
Please dear God no! I thought the Thriller thing they did sucked. I hate Glee

ooh. that would be so cool. became a glee fan because of all the mj rumours. it caused a lot of buzz last time and i think an mj tribute is always welcome

this is cool, their Thriller was alright but i was really expecting them to do the whole show entirely on MJ, just like they did with britney and madonna i hope they do for MJ they have to man hes the King :)

Honestly? I hope not! I really didn't like that Thriller version, imagine what they can do with other songs...

I had never watched Glee till they attempted to do Thriller. I totally agree with Michael, if you are going to re-do anything especially a classic, it better be better than the original. They totally butchered the song, even hearing the word glee pisses me off. They should not have touched Thriller, at least not the way they did. Well, maybe someday I'll get the courage to watch Glee again, but for now, that ain't happening.

My friends love glee.. But I never could get into it. I don't like it. From what I heard somewhere(not sure if it's true), but the reason why hey haven't done certain artist(ie MJ, Janet) is because of cost. Something about certain artist music s more expensive to use"

I didn't like Thriller, but I loved the way they did PYT. I wouldn't love for them to do more Michael's songs. Don't care about Janet though.

Loved the Glee cover of Thriller and Mchale's PYT. Im a Gleek, and I'd love more Michael Jackson!

I sure hope not because I guarentee they'll play the Glee cover versions more than they'll play Michael's versions on the radio. Glee butchered Don't Stop Believin' and I must hear that cover of the song at least once a day when I used to hear the original version just as often.

It's hard enough catching a Michael Jackson song on the radio anymore (actually it's become more likely since his death but it's still not often).

Back