Gladys Knight talks about Michael and performing at the burial w/ Access Hollywood

elmari

Proud Member
http://www.accesshollywood.com/glad...st-entertainer-september-9-2009_video_1155514

Gladys Knight gives us more reasons to love her! She says that she considers the Jacksons part of her family and vice versa. She states that Michael was a good father and an amazing person that was so misunderstood, and says ' so was Christ'. Says it was an honor to be chosen to sing at the burial and she prayed about what song she should sing. She thought Michael would want her to sing 'His eye is on the Sparrow' because of the message.

His Eye is on the Sparrow

Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely?
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches over me
and I know He over watches me
and I know He watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
And I know He watches me (He watches me)
And I know He watches (I know He watches)
I know He watches me

(I) I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
And I know He watches me (He watches me)
I know, He watches me
He watches me
He watches me
I know
He watches me.

Gladys goes on to say that Michael is the greatest entertainer in her eyes and before him it was Sammy Davis, Jr.

This was a positive interview, thank you Gladys, Michael would have approved of the song like you say. I feel it.

Thanks for posting!

Very good interview. Thank you for posting...Everyone needs to watch this :D

Thanks for posting this, very good interview. I loved the part where she said: He was a GOOD person, he was amazing person. Yes, he was :)

Guess this wasn't big enough news to make the actual tv broadcast!! Thank goodness for the web. That was nice to hear.

^^^^Unfortunately, the general public isn't interested in old soul singers. When two of the Pips died, the only place I saw it mentioned was in Jet magazine.

Becuase today it all about Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. When will the teenybobern era end?

Guess this wasn't big enough news to make the actual tv broadcast!! Thank goodness for the web. That was nice to hear.

Yeah, I was watching AH tonight hoping to see Gladys. Instead the entire show was basically about stupid Oprah. . .bleh!

I really like that she pointed out that he was a GOOD person, an AMAZING person. Beautiful song choice. Nice interview. Thanks for posting.

^^^^Unfortunately, the general public isn't interested in old soul singers. When two of the Pips died, the only place I saw it mentioned was in Jet magazine.

Yet many baby boomers will admit that Motown is the soundtrack to their life. I guess they think young people won't like Motown.

Yet many baby boomers will admit that Motown is the soundtrack to their life. I guess they think young people won't like Motown.
Yeah, but Gladys & the Pips was more successful after they left Motown. Most of their stuff (even on Motown) didn't cross over to pop radio much. They were mainly played on the R&B stations. If it's not in the mainstream, the media ignores it like it doesn't exist.

Very nice these are the people I like to hear from who knew Michael. I am yet to hear someone who knew Michael and did not want gain money say otherwise that is he was a good man. If they say anything else they usually lying so they can cash in.

Thanx for that video. It helps when they say that Michael is out of his pain now.

She is one of the greats and it's not many of them left. I am glad it was her that sung at his funeral, she was the one that first noticed them but of course Ms.Ross had to take that shine from her..

That is lovley...and another fitting connection between Michael and his teacher and imo just as great an entertainer as Michael or Sammy and the greatest according to mj...

So on his last major tv concert ( In London) ..James Brown performed a marathon 2 hour set and one that was very different to his usual shows..Then he came back on for a encore which was rare in itself with the London Gospel Choir...Part of this show was performed at jb's memorial which had mj in attendance and the song he last performed? If there is a heaven maybe mj and jb sent down this song to Gladys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYT2g48hoQM

beauiful is the word

Last edited:
That was a beautiful tribute song that she did...God Bless Michael...and I'm now able to say that I'm Glad he's not here anymore in the "Human" body...cuz He's suffered sooo Much. BUT NOW, Aint NObody gonna touch or hurt him. God has him in his embrace.

I Love you Most My Angel...I miss you, I wanna say I want you back, but that would really be selfish of me...so GO WITH GOD MIKE! YOU DESERVE THAT AND MORE!

Love,
Romi

So sweet...and graceful. Thank you Gladys. I adore the song, it reminded me of little Michael. Also gummy and michael4eva, thank you very much for the youtube videos.
Just amazing.

Back