Ghosts & Stevie Wonder ?!

J5master

Proud Member
Okay quick question:

I was just listening to the song Ghosts and it reminded me of waaay back when I first heard the song. And when I did, I could have SWORN up and down that MJ sampled from a Stevie Wonder song for some reason. I doubt that's true, other wise we would know about it. But I was soooo sure it was! Even now, I was reminded of "Stevie Wonder" vibes, and I'm trying to figure out why I got them.

Did anyone get the same impression from that song? It sounds like Stevie exactly at the part where it goes "I don't understand it!" during the bridge, that background part that I can barely understand to this day LOL I always sing it like: "Got a ghost got em breakin the walls, got a ghoul got em radin' the halls, won't 'cha see, won't cha" lol (don't laugh if I got taht totally wrong!)

That part - did that remind anyone else of Stevie or is that just me?

He learned a lot from Stevie in their Motown days (and later), so that seems plausible to me. :D

EDIT I was surprised that "Just Good Friends" turned out so mediocre considering the both of them together (and all of that mega talent) should have blown the roof off the sucka, LMFAO!!

haha I actually like "Get It" more with MJ/Stevie than Just Good friends, though I like both songs!

Back