Ghosts Appreciation Thread

HIStory

Proud Member
I LOVE it so much. I think one of Michael's best short films. And it's so criminally underrated! It's a fun horror story with great effects and a crazy choreography, but it's also a lot more than that. Michael has a lot to say in it. The Mayor is obviously a reference to Tom Sneddon and bigoted, judgmental, bitter characters similar to him. The song "Is it scary" in my opinion is one of Michael's best lyrics:

"Is It Scary?"

There's a ghost out in the hall
Theirs a goul beneath the bed
Now it's coming through the walls
Now it's coming down the stairs

Then there's screaming in the dark
Hear the beating of his heart
Can you feel it in the air
Ghosts be hiding everywhere

I'm gonna be
Exactly what you wanna see
It's you whose haunting me
Your warning me
To be the stranger
In your life

Am I amusing you
Or just confusing you
Am I the beast
You visualised
And if you wanna to see
Eccentrialities
I'll be grotesque
Before your eyes

Let them all materialise

Is that scary for you baby
Am I scary for you oh
Is it scary for you baby
Is it scary for you

You know the stranger is you
Is it scary for you baby

There's a creak beneath the floor
There's a creak behind the door
There's a rocking in the chair
But nobody sitting there
Their's a ghostly smell around
But nobody to be found
And a coughin' and a yawnin'
Where restless soul's spoke

I'm gonna be
Exactly what you gonna see
So did you come to me
To see your fantasies
Performed before your very eyes

A haunting ghostly treat
The foolish trickery
And spirits dancing
In the light

But if you came to see
The truth the purity
It's here inside
A lonely heart

So let the performance start

Am I scary for you oh
Am I scary for you baby
Am I scary for you
So tell me is it scary for you baby
So tell me is it crazy for you baby
Am I scary for you

You know the stranger is you
Am I scary for ya

Masquerade the heart
Is the height of haunting souls
Just not what you seek of me
Can the heart reveal the proof
Like a mirror reveals the truth
See the evil one is you

Am I scary for you oh
Am I scary for you baby
Is it scary for you
So tell me am I scary for you baby
Am I scary for ya baby
Is is scary for ya baby
Am I scary for you
(I don't wanna talk about it)

Am I scary for you baby
Am I scary for you
I'm tired of being abused
You know you're scaring me too
I see the evil is you
Is it scary for you baby

How profound is this? What people see in Michael, all the evil that they assume in him comes from their own hearts, own minds, own misconceptions and false perceptions! Michael is the mirror and it's not the mirror's fault if what you see in it is ugly. It's all about projection. Noone in history has been more a victim of projection of others than Michael in my opinion. Every bad thing people associated with him came from their own projections, not from Michael. For example, there has never been a single piece of evidence that he ever molested any child. In fact, all objective evidence points in the direction of extortion. Yet, people call him a pedophile because THEY have a problem with thinking that someone can hang out with kids and not think of them sexually. Or that someone can invite kids to his ranch to let them have fun rather than sexually lure them. But does it say something about Michael or more about people who think that way?

This is what society should realize in connection with their perception of Michael and this is the main message of Ghosts! It's such a brilliant way to say this profound truth. Michael was a true genius!

PS: Oh, and Michael was such a great actor! This piece is a strong proof of that.

Ive said this before, Is It Scary is Michael at his lyrical peak! That song is one of Michaels best ever! The raw emotion, and words, everything about this song is perfect.

Ghosts is just so amazing! Alot of people compare this to thriller and okey, Thriller is still Thriller but imo Ghosts is way ahead of Thriller. The Dancing was better, The theme was better, the music was better, the scenes were funnier, the plot was better. Only Michael could pull something like this off

Ive said this before, Is It Scary is Michael at his lyrical peak! That song is one of Michaels best ever! The raw emotion, and words, everything about this song is perfect.

Ghosts is just so amazing! Alot of people compare this to thriller and okey, Thriller is still Thriller but imo Ghosts is way ahead of Thriller. The Dancing was better, The theme was better, the music was better, the scenes were funnier, the plot was better. Only Michael could pull something like this off

I agree that it's better than Thriller.

I totally agree. "Is it scary" is just brilliant!
He throws his everything into this short film and it shows how great he truly was.

Is It Scary is one of my favourite songs :) The way he sings ''I'm gonna be , Exactly what you wanna see'' is just mindblowing :)

Is It Scary is one of my favourite songs :) The way he sings ''I'm gonna be , Exactly what you wanna see'' is just mindblowing :)

Agreed, i like that part. One particular section that always get to me is

But if you came to see
The truth of purity
It's here inside
A lonely heart

One of my favourite songs.

I love this film I just cant believe how underrated it is.Once u watch the start ur just hooked on the rest of the film and its ashame it didnt get that much recognision (if thats how u spell it lol).In a way it was Michaels way of telling anyone who wanted him to be gone that he is going no where no matter what happened.Michael ftw forever :D

I love it, it's my absolute favourite, I also love the VH1 making of where we see Michael goofing around:)

I like this short film very much the way michael act and the theme and the songs too, it's very sad it has been so underrated. I also like the lyrics of ''is it scary'' they means so much things.

Just watched it again today after not seeing it for a little while and once again it has reminded me why I love Michael so much. :wub: I also love the lyrics and Is It Scary. I love the songs he wrote that fought back against the media.

I could watch this over and over again! It's hands down MJ at his peak!! Dancing, lyrically, and even his acting are all the best he has ever done! Wish it got more recognition, Thriller is great, but Ghosts, well it puts it to shame!!

I will always love this film!!! I showed it to my jr. High and high school students on Halloween as a little present for doing so well at our Fall Concert. Some of them actually have seen the film before. They loved it!

i showed to my 11 yeard hanna montana obssessed fan, and she loved it, and wanted me to play it again

Back