Get Away From Mae

Which "don't fuck with me" song is your favourite?

• Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Leave Me Alone

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Jam

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Why You Wanna Trip On Me

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Scream

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • They Don't Care About Us

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • This Time Around

• D.S.

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Money

• Tabloid Junkie

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • 2 Bad

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Unbreakable

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Privacy

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Threatened

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Xscape

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters

vinniram

Proud Member
I love Michael's "don't fuck with me" songs. They've gotta be one of my favourite parts of his music. So, I'm starting this thread cause I want to see which one of these songs is the most popular. Lots of discussion is wanted! I love these songs so talking about them is wonderful :).

The "don't fuck with me" songs I've identified are as follows, some more subtle, some more overt ;):

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Thriller)
2. Leave Me Alone (Bad)
3. Jam (Dangerous)
4. Why You Wanna Trip On Me (Dangerous)
5. Scream (HIStory)
6. They Don't Care About Us (HIStory)
7. This Time Around (HIStory)
8. D.S. (HIStory)
9. Money (HIStory)
10. Tabloid Junkie (HIStory)
11. 2 Bad (HIStory)
12. Unbreakable (Invincible)
13. Privacy (Invincible)
14. Threatened (Invincible)
15. Xscape (unreleased album?)

Well there's the list. Start voting :D. I love you more, Michael!!!

NB: You can vote for multiple songs.

I think imma vote for Scream, Leave Me Alone and Jam. I love Scream because he actually cursed lol, Leave me Alone for the stop doggin me around and Jam just because its simply Jam! :lol: Nice thread btw!

Oh crap, I added Unbreakable to the list, All his songs are awesome geez!

Last edited:
Tabloid Junkie. All of the songs you listed are among my favorite MJ songs but there's something about Tabloid Junkie that I truly love. Not only is it a joy to listen to, it's a song with Michael at his angriest telling it like it is about tabloids. Damn I hate tabloids.

Oh wow, this is difficult. I think I'm going to listen to them all in a row and then come back. ;)

Oh wow, this is difficult. I think I'm going to listen to them all in a row and then come back. ;)

haha that's what I love to hear :) these songs are so raw, so powerful, they're perfection to me. someone should start blasting out D.S. at 100000 decibels right next door to you-know-who's house :p

haha that's what I love to hear :) these songs are so raw, so powerful, they're perfection to me. someone should start blasting out D.S. at 100000 decibels right next door to you-know-who's house :p

Haha, very true. :D I voted for Wanna Be Startin Something, Tabloid Junkie and 2 Bad. Just personal favourites, I guess, although Jam, Scream and Xscape came close! And D.S. and Money. And you know, the rest.

I love DS. It's got a message and is catchy. But leave me alone is also fantastic

They dont care about us. The true voice of sticking-it-to-the-man-ism. Great for my brothers and sisters in Iran.

Yeah I love they don't care about us. A shame Michael had to add those silly noises in to stop people attacking and criticizing him.

I voted for:
Leave Me Alone
Jam
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Tabloid Junkie
Unbreakable
Threatened

it's alot but i couldn't choose :D

"Scream", simply because of the "Stop fucking with me!" line :lol: That one still takes me by surprise, all these years after :lol:

I really can't choose because I love so many of them from so many different "angles".

But I think the most important one is "They Don't Care About Us" - and whoever forced Michael to change the lyrics and drop a second version is a fucking moron and can't understand what this song is about.

I'm still to this day kind of surprised that TDCAU haven't got more attention - it should have by now become an anthem, like "We Are The World".

I really can't choose because I love so many of them from so many different "angles".

But I think the most important one is "They Don't Care About Us" - and whoever forced Michael to change the lyrics and drop a second version is a fucking moron and can't understand what this song is about.

I'm still to this day kind of surprised that TDCAU haven't got more attention - it should have by now become an anthem, like "We Are The World".

I agree, it's a brilliant, anthemic song. And yes, Michel explained clearly what the lyrics meant, clearing up any misunderstanding. Forcing him to pull the lyrics was part of the racist conspiracy Michael was victim of all of his adult life, with the aim to humiliate and destroy him for being too successful for a black man. Just like all the other outrageous allegations that have been made against him. Pedophile, gay and then to top it off, racist. Disguisting. They don't think of him as a person with sensitive feelings, just as a threat, he became too popular with White America.

Definitely Escape, followed closely by Scream and TDCAU.

Escape saw me through tough times with those great lines "Why is it I can't do whatever I want to when it's my personal life and I don't live for you!? So don't you try to tell me what is right for me!"

Leave Me Alone, They Don't Care About Us, Scream, and Tabloid Junkie!

I thought Mae was a person.. :lol: I was like "Who is Mae and why do we have to get away from her?"

Leave me alone is mine. I always listen to it when I don't want people to bother me.

:rollin:
I loove the "Get away from Mae"!!! so cute when he says "mae"

oh man, I wanna add on "This time Around" :yes:
I forgot to vote 4 it.. Michael was serious in that song!
He said "This time around, I'm taking no sh*t"!!!
Tell 'em Michael!!!

:rollin:
I loove the "Get away from Mae"!!! so cute when he says "mae"

oh man, I wanna add on "This time Around" :yes:
I forgot to vote 4 it.. Michael was serious in that song!
He said "This time around, I'm taking no sh*t"!!!
Tell 'em Michael!!!

^ Definitely a favourite, especially Biggie's verse!

People shouldn't get it twisted though - Michael was a bad ass...

tQr0q.jpg

Back