Geraldine Hughes New Book on 1993 allegations!

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Geraldine Hughes is the author of Redemption: The Truth Behind the Michael Jackson Child Molestation Allegation (2004) book that proved Michael Jackson was NEVER a child molester. She was the legal secretary to Evan Chandler's attorney in 1993 and witnessed the elaborate extortion scheme, launched as child molestation only when MJ refused to pay them $20 million dollars for a movie deal. Redemption tells how the FALSE child abuse allegation all began in 1993.

She has a new book coming out called "Redemption II: The Truth Behind the Michael Jackson Allegation" and have a few excerpts out, you can read it here:http://www.authonomy.com/books/2767...llegation/read-book/?chapterid=263076#chapter

Last edited:
I can't find the book when clicking on that link.

Redemption II. LOL! No offense, but Ms. Huges needs to go sit down somewhere.

Does she all of a sudden have inside information regarding the trial?

I remember when she was first on one of the cable news programs during the trial and with every question all she kept saying was: "the answers are in my book." I translated that to mean, "if you want an answer to your question, you will have to BUY my book."

I remember when she was first on one of the cable news programs during the trial and with every question all she kept saying was: "the answers are in my book." I translated that to mean, "if you want an answer to your question, you will have to BUY my book."

True.
A new book now.
That's the problem with some MJ's defenders, we're not always sure abut their reputation :scratch:

I would still love to hear what she has to say.

You don't know her personally. I have a friend who knows her and from what I heard she seems like a sweet genuine person.

I think we should be grateful that she does this work - and not just now, but also when it wasn't cool to defend Michael.

You don't know her personally. I have a friend who knows her and from what I heard she seems like a sweet genuine person.
No offense, but I don't have to know her personally to say what I said. We talk about folks we don't know personally everyday on this board. LOL!

EDIT: Oh I see now, she is UPDATING her old book. Similar to how J. Randy keeps updating his book. LOL! I got it now.

Unless she has an exclusive interview with Jordan Chandler, or his mother, or his stepfather, wherein they finally come clean about their previous actions, I really don't see the point.

No offense, but I don't have to know her personally to say what I said. We talk about folks we don't know personally everyday on this board. LOL!

I still say that there is no need for her to "cash in," in mean write another book. Did she even spend one day in the courtroom during Michael's trial?

As far as I'm concerned Aphrodite Jones already covered the trial and she was actually in the courthouse.

I will say this, IF Ms. Hughes has some new information, then she should bring it, but to be honest, I doubt she has any new information or any information that was not already covered by Aphrodite Jones. All just my little ole opinion!

Maybe you would prefer an update of Diane Dimond's book instead. Or how many updates Taraborelli's book has already had?

Geez, MJ fans always find a reason to criticize. Even good ppl like Geraldine.

You know what? Cashing in or not, I'd rather have books like Geraldine's dominating the shelves of bookstores on MJ that other type of books.....

Maybe you would prefer an update of Diane Dimond's book instead. Or how many updates Taraborelli's book has already had?

Geez, MJ fans always find a reason to criticize. Even good ppl like Geraldine.

You know what? Cashing in or not, I'd rather have books like Geraldine's dominating the shelves of bookstores on MJ that other type of books.....

I'm not being critical, I'm just saying that if she is going to be updating her book, she needs to be adding some VITAL information that has not been uncovered thus far. And I personally don't believe she is in possession of that type of information.

Maybe she will fool me and have that interview with Jordan Chandler wherein he recants his allegations against Michael and why he had to get an order of protection against his father and why his father shot himself in the head.

Time will tell, but wouldn't that be great if those things were FINALLY revealed, especially the recanting!

No way not another one, this takes all credibility away from the first one although i don't believe it was very credible anyway, i mean she was a secretary it's unlikely she really had access to documents. I have seen her being interviewed and she doesn't come across as being very smart. I don't reckon had it went to court the defence would have put her on the stand, she would become a liability.

So... can somebody say what difference there is...? Whats new there ... in the book II??

Money, the MJ dollar is a strong dollar at the minute, both pro and anti Michael writers realise there is a market for Michael related material now and are repackaging old material. It is good to see pro Michael books on the shelf but we must be as critical of these as we are of other books. I loved the book conspiracy but it sickened me when she said Michael only jumped on top of the suv because of the pressure from the crowd, this was simple not true as anybody who seen the footage knows and it showed a bias, he jumped up there to salute his fans, maybe it was a bad move at the time but i know watching it live as a fan i was cheering him on, anyway my piont is as much as i loved the book i was still very critical when reading it if i thought she was bending the truth to suit her agenda.

Geez, here is a woman who is defending him and always did, even when it wasn't cool and all you guys do is accuse her of cashing in. Was her first book cashing in too? She was working on it since 1997 but hasn't found a publisher. Finally she was able to publish it in 2004 - so just during the second scandal. While everybody in the media was shouting "guilty, guilty" on MJ, she published a book in which she said he was innocent.

If she had wanted more money and attention for her book she should have written he was guilty because that's what sold at the time.

Many fans know Geraldine Hughes's first book and maybe the new won't contain much new compared to what we already know. However, believe me, a lot of casual fans or new fans, who just started to pay attention to MJ after his death, don't know the whole story and never heard of Geraldine's book. If the re-release gives them an insight and an opportunity to get a clearer picture about the 1993 accusations, then I have no reason to whine about it. Do you guys want his name to be cleared or not? Books like this are small steps but good steps - and I don't give a rats ass about how much money Hughes will make of it. I don't envy any money from her when she is serving a good cause.

Gottobethere;3041622 said:
No way not another one, this takes all credibility away from the first one although i don't believe it was very credible anyway, i mean she was a secretary it's unlikely she really had access to documents. I have seen her being interviewed and she doesn't come across as being very smart. I don't reckon had it went to court the defence would have put her on the stand, she would become a liability.

Did you actually read her book? Because you criticize her, while based on your above comment you don't seem to know much about what's in it....

And you say "she was a secretary it's unlikely she really had access to documents". LOL! What do you think then a secretary's job is? Make coffee?
She was Rothman's sectetary! She typed many of those documents!

For example here she pointed out how the documents those appeared on Ray Chandler's website were more than likely fake. How does she know? Because 1) she knows Rothman's signature, 2) she knows what she typed and what she didn't:

"Another issue revolves around the authenticity of at least some of the memos cited by Chandler. In MJEOL Bullet #197, Geraldine Hughes’s response to Chandler’s book was discussed. Hughes was a sole legal secretary to Barry Rothman, the ’93 accuser’s first attorney. Hughes asserts that several of the documents appearing on Chandler’s website seem to have forged signatures at the bottom. The documents show her initials, gh, at the bottom as the typists but she says she never typed some of them. She also reveals that her then-boss’s signature doesn’t even match from document to document:

signatures-of-rothman.jpg

Do these signatures match?

Geraldine Hughs: “When I review the documents that he has on his website, I am convinced that several of the documents, even though they bear my initials as the typist, I did not type that particular document. Several of these documents have been manufactured and are not even bearing the correct signature of my attorney Barry Rothman”.

http://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/ray-chandler-subpoenaed-by-the-defense/

Last edited:
It seems we can read the full thing online? I see alot of chapters?

But basically this is the same as Randy Taraborelli updating his book, the same as Adrian Grant updating his book...etc.

I agree with u Respect77

I have the first book I might get this one too?! She talked to MJ's PI in 93 and was gonna be used in the defense, if it had went to trial!

She was also a source for the 94 GQ article by Mary A. Fisher! So she was always telling the truth about 93! I see nothing wrong here! I think some people don't like her anymore because she is close to the Jacksons backing them up on their theories of how he died! I say this cause I read others say it! SMH But, their are fans who believe the Jacksons too!

But, that should not affect the book because that is two separate cases! One she knows of cause she witness it happen and the other is just personal belief!

She never met MJ! She met the Jacksons after she met them after she released her first book or right before!? But, she said MJ knew who she was and that she wrote this book through the family!

I even heard people complain about her use of religion in the book! o_O She says a lot of religion related things it's true! But, hey some people used God to get them through difficult times! MJ talked liked that too a lot! Sometimes people faith is what holds them together! So what?!

I agree in the beginning she was not so good at public speaking! But, she has gotten better! There is a youtube video of her talking about the book and she does just fine speaking to an audience letting them know what really happened!

But, like she said on an interview on MSNBC that 93 is a complex case and u can't point out one thing without having to explain another to understand it all! And she is right! Just listening to Evan say that it is all according to a plan that isn't just his and how he has people waiting for his call! You then see exactly what she means!

Last edited:
Exactly, Bluetopez.

I don't know if people realize it's not so easy to speak publically and give interviews. And it's especially not easy to explain such a complex case in a short interview.

nd you say "she was a secretary it's unlikely she really had access to documents". LOL! What do you think then a secretary's job is? Make coffee?
She was Rothman's sectetary! She typed many of those documents!
yeha i agree.thats a pretty daft statement to make. thinking that a legal secy aint gonna have a clue!

if there new info in the book fine.if not its obviously a cash in. the problem for this book though is that it was blacklisted by book sotres when it first came out. and was very hard to get hold of in actual shops. probably be the same this time

I never got around to purchasing the first edition so hopefully I will be able to buy this one. On Geraldine's Facebook page she posts that "if many people vote on it (on authonomy.com), it is possible to be published by Harper Collins, a major publisher."

I really wanted to get this book, really.

consideing harper collins is owned by murdoch i doubt it stands a chance like the original

Back