Genius without Borders: A Symposium in Honor of the Genius of Michael Jackson

Maria MJ

Proud Member
Chicago fans, this is definitely worth attending.

Genius without Borders: A Symposium in Honor of the Genius of Michael Jackson
September 24–25
Chicago, IL

* Registration
* Symposium Presenters
* Preliminary Program
* Symposium Venues
* Follow the Symposium Online
* Own a Unique Michael Jackson Photograph
* Sponsor and Partners
* Press Release

Registration

The symposium is free and open to the public, but since a capacity audience is expected, pre-registration will be required for admission. Pre-registration will become available on September 7, 2010, and must be made online from this page. Pre-registration will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis until all available seats are reserved. It is highly unlikely that any seats will be available at the door without pre-registration.

Nonlocal symposium attendees should make their own lodging arrangements.

More on the following link:

http://www.colum.edu/CBMR/What_We_Do/Conferences/michael-jackson.php

Just looked at the schedule, wow, it looks really interesting. Seriously in-depth cultural discussion and analysis on MJ, I never thought it'd happen like this. Unfortunately I live in Ireland atm. Fantastic :/

Looks interesting...If allowed, would be great if someone could record this and upload it for all to see :)

I would really consider going. This is my kind of thing. Very very interesting. Thank you very much for posting.

Hi Maria, et al,

Unfortunately, the symposium registration is closed. There are no more seats available. :doh: I was going to register today as I was planning on going. I am going to the Friday night presentation which you can attend for 20.00 (USA). I'm going with my sister, so I'm happy that I can at least attend this session. :yes: Thank you for posting about this though. It looks very interesting. I'm going to still try to attend. Hopefully tickets will somehow be available. They suggested to follow them on Twitter and look for announcements on ticket availability.

7:30–9:30 p.m.
Special Panel Presentation: “It's All About the Music: An Insider's Look at Michael Jackson's Art”

Michael Jackson and Ed Eckstein
Moderated by Ed Eckstein, former president, Mercury Records, and co-producer of The Rhythm and Blues Project
Invited guests to include

• Siedah Garrett. Co-writer, “Man in the Mirror,” and duet vocalist, “I Just Can't Stop Loving You.”
  • Ricky Lawson. Michael Jackson drummer and collaborator.
  • Greg P. Phillinganes. Musical director of Michael Jackson's Bad and Dangerous concert tours.
  • Harry Weinger. Vice President of A&R for Universal Music Enterprises.
Pritzker Auditorium
Harold Washington Library Center
400 South State Street, Chicago
Tickets required, available only at www.ticketweb.com. Tickets go on sale on September 7, 2010.

Yes, Windy, please do that. There could be a waiting list in case some people cancel, so you may have a chance to attend after all.
:)

Back