Gary, Indiana Planning Jackson Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=46700

Gary Planning Jackson Festival This Summer

InsideINdianaBusines s.com Report

The city of Gary has signed a one-year deal with Illinois-based LGR Partners to host a multi-venued festival in August honoring Michael Jackson. Out partners at the Times of Northwest Indiana report under the agreement, the group would cover all up-front costs and donate 20 percent of any profits back to the city.

LGR Partners could take over Gary's celebration duties it took on following Jackson's death in June 2009.

The city arranged a large-scale memorial at the U.S. Steelyard weeks and another at the Jackson family home on the one-year anniversary of his death.

The Gary Board of Public Works approved a one-year contract, which is renewable up to four years, Wednesday with LGR Partners.

City spokeswoman LaLosa Burns says the events can be "a very good economic development tool" for the city.

The project will be funded on private sponsorships and investments.

Source: The Times of Northwest Indiana

The project will be funded on private sponsorships and investments.

I will be very surprised if anybody worth their while would be interested in "privae sponsorships" and/or "investing" in this venture.

First of all, the Mayor is a crook and Joe Jackson is a further "liability." LOL!

In my opinion, if the Estate of Michael Jackson is not involved, I personally, would be very leery, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back