Gardener to Jackson: I Did Bring You Flowers

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests

Posted Jan 25th 2010 6:52PM by TMZ Staff
Michael Jackson's landscaper has a tulip or two to pick with the estate -- to the tune of $4,722.01.

Jose T. Mareque has filed a creditor's claim against Michael Jackson's estate, claiming he filled Michael's home with trees, orchids, roses, poinsettias, tulips and other plants -- only to be stiffed. It's the same home where Michael died.

According to the invoices, Mareque did the work in December, 2008. He says the bill came to $14,722.01, and Michael's people sent a check for $10,000 and that's it.

Slight problem -- the final invoice notes that the services were performed in December, 2009 -- Michael had been dead for 6 months.

We called Mareque who said he didn't know he had put the wrong year. But as we know, ignorance of the lawn is no excuse.

Mareque says he'll file an amended creditor's claim to correct the problem.

Slight problem -- the final invoice notes that the services were performed in December, 2009 -- Michael had been dead for 6 months.

We called Mareque who said he didn't know he had put the wrong year. But as we know, ignorance of the lawn is no excuse.

I am not so sure this is a mistake. Or an attempt to defraud MJ. If the invoices were sent out in 2008...why would "December 2009" appear anywhere?

He probably made these invoices up last last year and forgot to put 2008...EVen if it is 4000$, I hope the estate don't agree to pay. Something is fishy..

Don't know if the December 2009 is just a mistake or what. But it's not so bad of a claim, especially since $10,000 of the bill WAS paid, so there were actual services rendered. It's actually rather reasonable and not seeming to be a get rich quick claim like many of the other ridiculous things we've been seeing.

documents are interesting
so who is this "Enchanted Kingdom LLC" that paid for the $10,000 part of the bill?

Posted Jan 25th 2010 6:52PM by TMZ Staff
Michael Jackson's landscaper has a tulip or two to pick with the estate -- to the tune of $4,722.01.

Jose T. Mareque has filed a creditor's claim against Michael Jackson's estate, claiming he filled Michael's home with trees, orchids, roses, poinsettias, tulips and other plants -- only to be stiffed. It's the same home where Michael died.

According to the invoices, Mareque did the work in December, 2008. He says the bill came to $14,722.01, and Michael's people sent a check for $10,000 and that's it.

why don't you let me correct it for you.:timer: meanwhile, dude, get a job.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol not that it is of any importance... but at the place I'm renting the 'gardener' is payed by the one 'owning' this place although it's me often deciding what and where as I love gardening also.

Well lol as I said... so not important.

Yeah, it doesn't seem that important, though I sure wouldn't want him to collect if it wasn't legit. But the amount isn't a crazy one like some of those people crawling out of the woodwork looking for hundreds of thousands to millions with ridiculous claims and no evidence of really having done anything that deserves anywhere near that money - just looking to get rich quick. It's sick.

It's depressing that these are the sort of news updates we'll be logging on to see now.

Back