Fulham selling Michael Jackson products to go with their odd statue

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
By Brooks Peck
<center>
fulham_selling_michael_jackson_products_to_go_with_their_odd_statue.jpg
</center>
When Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed put a tacky statue of Michael Jackson outside of Craven Cottage and told anyone who didn't like it that they can "go to hell," the consensus seemed to be that it's his club and his money so he can do what he wants. Though it was certainly strange, at the time, Al Fayed's intentions behind the tribute to his friend seemed positive and selfless. Now? Not so much.
And with that said, I present the "Michael at the Cottage tribute collection" now available in the official Fulham clubshop. Let's take a closer look at some of the ways Al Fayed is profiting from his old pal's death...
<center>
</center>
First things first, here is the most expensive item in the collection. A Michael Jackson tribute umbrella. Actually, it appears to be an umbrella in tribute to the statute in tribute to Michael Jackson, but don't spend too much time thinking about that. Michael liked umbrellas. He used them a lot. He would want you to have this one. It can be yours for £29.99.
<center>
</center>
How about a book written by another friend of Michael's who is now trying to profit form his death? And it even comes with the added bonus of "dark side" conspiracy theories. Ooo! It can be yours for £17.99. And if your dead popstar merchandise budget is a little tight, there is also a paperback version available for £14.99. So you have no excuse to not buy this.
<center>
</center>
Sure, no one really needs a lanyard and the only thing Michael Jacksony about this is that it has his name written on it a few times, but come on. It can be yours for £2.99. You should probably buy 10 of them.
<center>
</center> This is just breath-taking. It's an ugly shirt that features a man wearing an ugly shirt on it. It's like there's multiple dimensions to the ugliness. I'm pretty sure this is how the space-time continuum gets ripped. It can be yours for £16.99
Related: England

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog...hael-Jackson-products-to-go-wi?urn=sow-wp2895

michael%20at%20the%20cottage.jpg

black%20tribute.jpg

yellow%20tribute.jpg

Yuck! How shameless. On the other hand, the sarcastic commentary really cracked me up, especially the one pertaining to the ugly shirt. The umbrella one was also pure class. The author of this article is right, though: the merchandise is tacky as all Hell, and seems to be more a tribute to the statue in question than to Michael Jackson, the human being.

Um all of those are pretty unattractive. Don't expect them to be flying off the shelfs.

^Sometimes, I wonder if the people selling these tacky products underestimate our intelligence. We know better than to buy this crap, and I can't imagine anyone who doesn't care about Michael buying any Michael-related stuff, so...who are their target audience? -blinks-

Is he able to use Michael's image like that? The tribute statue is one thing, but I'm not sure he is able to use MJ's image on those ugly items.

Is he able to use Michael's image like that? The tribute statue is one thing, but I'm not sure he is able to use MJ's image on those ugly items.

He might be able to. It is his statue--the items are clearly a tribute to the statue, and not to the man. Moreover, the ones which feature a silhouette clearly feature a silhouette of the statue, and a pretty distorted one at that. I hope Bravado is able to make him stop this nonsense based on the likeness, etc. but I am honestly not sure as to whether they'd have a case, since the image is of the statue, and he owns the statue. The name "Michael Jackson" is clearly there, however--maybe they can get him on that. Even if they don't get him, I doubt he'll sell anything at all. They're hideous--the shirts repel customers as is, IMO.

On the other hand, the sarcastic commentary really cracked me up, especially the one pertaining to the ugly shirt. The umbrella one was also pure class. The author of this article is right, though: the merchandise is tacky as all Hell, and seems to be more a tribute to the statue in question than to Michael Jackson, the human being.

LOL, yes. Couldn't help but laugh. It's not only us, the fans, who see behind these "loving tributes" (read: money-making ventures).

I actually thought the statue was a nice and genuine tribute, but selling t-shirts etc.. Need I say more?

^Yeah, despite its general tackiness, I was for the statue at first since it seemed harmless enough. Now that this guy's shown his true colours, however, I doubt anyone will be visiting that statue--ever. I agree regarding these "loving tributes," which is why I have to wonder at whom these things are being targeted. MJ fans would never want anything like that, and we see through scams/dishonesty like no one else can, for sure. Moreover, we wouldn't support anything which wasn't going towards benefiting the kids.

Jesus~~~Another vulture?!
Poor MJ. They just keep using him over and over again.
All these so called friend are pathetic.

LOL @ the description of these tacky products....

Amazing to see through what length people will go for a but of money, geezzz...

First off, I have to say MoodyBlue97, I LOVE your siggy, made me laugh and smile. But yeah, why do people keep on jumping on the 'let's sell some MJ merchandise.... how naive do they think we are? Like, come on, some of us are still greiving. When that wee system came out, everyone was like, "Oh, are you gonna buy it?" I'm in pain, why would I? Grr..

I don't think the statue itself is that odd, but I gotta admit that the products are pretty crappy...

Back