Friends of Michael Jackson Bid for Plymouth Argyle (Football club)....NB read as 'friends'

myosotis

Proud Member
Posted 6:13am 14th September 2011.

Friends of Michael Jackson are working on a bid for Plymouth Argyle.

It is claimed the frontrunners are pulling out of the race to buy the struggling side.

Now fans fear there may not be enough time to put together an alternative.

J****'s former bodyguard Matt Fiddes is one of those who want to buy it:

"I'm into sport in a big way. I've got celebrity clients who I train who are footballers and footballers’ wives, and for me I see it as a big challenge to get our teeth stuck in there and turn it round. If that's what the fans want"

He is dismissing rumours Uri Geller is about to get involved:

“He’s in the Ukraine right now doing a TV show. He couldn't even give it a second glance if he wanted to. He would be an incredible person to have on board because he knows football inside out and has some contact there. But no it's not true. He's just my personal advisor, as a friend really"

On the pitch and Plymouth Argyle slump to another defeat.

The latest loss means it is now ten games without a win.

They have suffered a two-nil defeat away to Barnet on Tuesday night.

Striker Izale McLeod opened the scoring just seven minutes after kick-off. Bees defender Daniel Leach then got the second goal on the 64th minute.

It leaves the Pilgrims four points adrift at the bottom of the table and comes just hours before a deal to stop a strike by players is due to run out.

Boss Peter Reid reckons there is no point in concentrating purely on the positives. He told Pirate FM, "It doesn't matter does it? Because you keep getting beat. It's tough. There's a lack of confidence now and there's a lack of belief in there now because it's so many games on the trot. We're the only ones who can get us out of this situation

http://www.piratefm.co.uk/news/late...s-of-michael-jackson-bid-for-plymouth-argyle/

Not sure why this is headed 'friends ' plural as MF says UG is not interested. 'Friends' is a moot point'.

Back