Free Online Wav. to mp3 converters - Anybody know of any?

Courtney

Proud Member
So I just converted a CD to my computer for my mp3 but the problem it's in wav. format and my mp3 player doesn't support wav. I've tried zamzar.com and media-convert.com but neither of them worked. I used zamzar first (I always use this) to convert the wav. files to mp3 first and each of them failed. So then I tried mp4 and they worked...BUT they wouldn't play on my mp3. So I tried media-convert but it only downloaded a couple seconds of the songs (as in 2 seconds).

Anyone know why this might be? Or can anybody direct me to another online converter that is safe? I've been trying to search for some but I'm really skeptical and I don't want any viruses as I just got my laptop fixed AGAIN.

- Run Windows Media Player.

- Tools > Options > Rip Music > Rip Settings > Format (change this to MP3). The slider below this allows you to set the quality of the file. Higher quality = larger file size.

- Rip the CD again.

By the way, if you don't have anti-virus software then you'll only have yourself to blame if you get a virus.

avast! is free and awesome.

Last edited:
- Run Windows Media Player.

- Tools > Options > Rip Music > Rip Settings > Format (change this to MP3). The slider below this allows you to set the quality of the file. Higher quality = larger file size.

- Rip the CD again.

By the way, if you don't have anti-virus software then you'll only have yourself to blame if you get a virus.

avast! is free and awesome.

Thanks for your reply.

I have Windows Media Player opened and I went to options. But I don't see a tab for "rip music." I have tabs that read: Media Library, Plug-Ins, Privacy, Security, File Types, Net Work, Player, Copy Music, Divices, Performance. I went to copy music assuming that's the same thing. Then under "copy settings" it has Format and underneath is a scroll down box. The options are: Windows Media Audio, Windows Media Audio (variable bit rate), Windows Media Audio Lossless

I'm sorry, I'm really confused. lol. I don't want to click on the wrong thing and screw it all up. Does the CD have to be inserted when I do this?

And thank you but I do have an anti-virus software. :) I'm just being aware. haha.

I'm going to update Windows Media Player, I think that may help. If not I'll try that converter. It's safe, correct?

Thank you so much for your help. :flowers:
Yep, it's safe. Used it a few times myself. :)

Thank you!
I updated WMP and I was able to change the settings to Mp3. I'm ripping the CD again. :) But my other CD isn't working now. Ugh. haha.

Back