Free Copy of MJ's New Album?

moonwalker5885

Proud Member
If Michael releases a new album before the O2 concerts, do you think he'll give a copy free to each fan to attends his concerts like Prince did in 2007?

Coldplay are said to be considering this.

Would be cool if Michael did. :wild:

I agree when you put it like that.

It can't be that bad an idea though to promote it this way.

It would be great if they had one for each show too be won by a member of the audience, for example text in too win while your at the show like the presale code scheme...

But have these cds in a slip case and make it have an ultra rare cover...
So they then become collectables in the future!
However the album would of needed to be released before the dates otherwise the songs will be leaked and surfaced before the albums real release date..
otherwise Michael will be have lost the opportunity to make any profit on the releasing the CD
Like Foxy has said giving out 1,000,000 copies would be madness

The reason Prince gave it away for free was because he had released it for free previously anyway.

What I think Michael should do is partner with a website such as Concert Live (www.concertlive.co.uk). They record concerts and allow fans to buy them the same night. I have used them before and the CDs are always a best seller!! Basically, you reserve your album when you first arrive at the venue and get a slip in order for you to collect your album at the end. After the concert, you go back to the stand you bought the album from when you first arrived and, within 15mins of the show finishing, you have a CD contaning the concert you have just attended. It's normally a 2CD set and they're great value for money (£15, I think). If you can't hang around after the show, you can get the CD sent to you in the mail just a few days later. Each CD is limited to 1000-5000 copies depending on the size of the show so they, in effect, become collector's items. The sound is always top-class and you normally recieve something extra with the CD (for example, with the Franz Ferdinand one I bought recently, you got a download of a concert they recently did in Vienna for free. With a We Are Scientists one I bought, it was a download of their new single).

I think that, if MJ did this, they would sell brilliantly and, as each night's CD would be slightly different, people who are attending the show more than once may buy again.

What d'ya reckon?

The reason Prince gave it away for free was because he had released it for free previously anyway.

What I think Michael should do is partner with a website such as Concert Live (www.concertlive.co.uk). They record concerts and allow fans to buy them the same night. I have used them before and the CDs are always a best seller!! Basically, you reserve your album when you first arrive at the venue and get a slip in order for you to collect your album at the end. After the concert, you go back to the stand you bought the album from when you first arrived and, within 15mins of the show finishing, you have a CD contaning the concert you have just attended. It's normally a 2CD set and they're great value for money (£15, I think). If you can't hang around after the show, you can get the CD sent to you in the mail just a few days later. Each CD is limited to 1000-5000 copies depending on the size of the show so they, in effect, become collector's items. The sound is always top-class and you normally recieve something extra with the CD (for example, with the Franz Ferdinand one I bought recently, you got a download of a concert they recently did in Vienna for free. With a We Are Scientists one I bought, it was a download of their new single).

I think that, if MJ did this, they would sell brilliantly and, as each night's CD would be slightly different, people who are attending the show more than once may buy again.

What d'ya reckon?

That would be soo cool.

Nope
I'd rather see it in shops sitting high and proud on the shelves! :)
With promo material hanging in the windows!

Yip, I love the excitment of getting down to the music store for 9am and racing home to blow my ear drums :D:punk::punk::punk:

What d'ya reckon?

This would be fantastic:D:angel:

He should sell the album at the concerts as merchandise, easy 1 million record sales which is alot nowadays.

Them it would end up everyone who goes to a few concerts would get that many copies of the album. Everyone should only get one. He should not do this.

He should sell the album at the concerts as merchandise, easy 1 million record sales which is alot nowadays.

Record sales are only counted from official stockists - I mean, merchandise stands don't have cash registers or anything, just people selling with fanny-packs for money. These album sales wouldn't count.

I don't think they'll sell a new album at the show - maybe "King of Pop" but not a new album.

The Killers did sell their new album at their concert though - it was £15, however (compared to the £7/8 you can get it for in the shops)

I think Michael could launch the first single for the concerts, and distribute the single charge for those attending the shows. And then, more forward he also launch the new album during the shows. When Michael started the concerts will be enough evidence in the press and would be a great opportunity. But it is something that Prince has done, I think Michael will want to do something different to not give the impression that you copied the other, he will want to surprise fans and make something nobody ever did and we know Michael is very intelligent and creative to that.
http://translate.google.com/translate_s?hl=pt-BR

What d'ya reckon?
That would only make sense if he sings live and mixes up the setlist... there wouldn't be a point in it otherwise!

If Michael releases a new album before the O2 concerts, do you think he'll give a copy free to each fan to attends his concerts like Prince did in 2007?

Coldplay are said to be considering this.

Would be cool if Michael did. :wild:
It would be cool if he released the album is a non-conventional way like this. He'll make no money off the album anyway. All the money is made in concerts and tours now. People say now that albums are promotions for live shows, when it used to be the other way around once upon a time. So if he can think up some great PR stunt to release a bunch of copies of his album free to the public, that would be great. Prince released his CD through a newspaper. I don't know what he could do, but I just think it would be a great idea to not just release his CD in stores, at least not initially, and think up some cool new way of doing it. It would be great publicity.

I don't think he should give away a copy. Prince did that during his Musicology tour as an effort to boost record sales. MJ doesn't need to do that, people will snatch that album in a heartbeat, there's no need to give away what people will be quick to pay for.

I think I would rather see the album in the shops, I went to see Prince at the o2 and it was good to get the free album, but it didnt feel the same. I like the old fashioned way lol

Not in this day and age no. It was different before the downloading era. And HELL YEAH to all that promotion in the windows, mags and billboards! :D

Giving away 1,000,000 copies of an album for free is madness!

It is but someone would say that statues floating in Thames is, too.. :) I think the better idea is to give some special single release for free, something you can't buy...

Even IF I would get a free album.. I would go out and buy one.

Back