Freddie Mercury and Michael

Bubs

Proud Member
I just post Michael part here, link to rest of it is posted below the text.

"1. Freddie and Michael: "He has been a friend of ours for a long while," explained Mercury, who visited King of Pop Michael Jackson at his mock-Tudor, pre-Neverland mansion on Hayvenhurst Avenue in Encino, Calif. "He used to come and see our shows all the time, and that is how the friendship grew ... just think, I could have been on Thriller. Think of the royalties I've missed out on!" The two had worked together as well. As the book details, in Mercury's words, "We had three tracks in the can ['There Must Be More to Life Than This,' which later appeared on Mercury's first solo album; 'Victory,' which was featured on The Jackson 5's 1984 comeback album Victory; and 'State of Shock, which became a Jackson duet with Mick Jagger], but unfortunately they were never finished. They were great songs, but the problem was time -- as we were both very busy at that period [1983]. We never seemed to be in the same country long enough to actually finish anything completely. Michael even called me to ask if I could complete ['State of Shock'], but I couldn't because I had commitments with Queen. Mick Jagger took over instead. It was a shame, but ultimately a song is a song. As long as the friendship is there, that's what matters." Mercury subsequently fell out with Jackson because the U.S. star objected to Mercury taking too much cocaine in his living room."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...michael-jackson-elton-john-david-bowie-343526

So Michael fell out with Freddie because he took too much of cocaine in his living room:D
Wonder is it true?

Is this an excerpt from a new bio? I didn't know they had a falling out. It's a bit difficult to believe that Michael would stop associating with someone for that reason alone, though it does seem Michael had more contact with Freddie in the early 80's. Always thought it must have been work that got in the way of their friendship during the latter part of that decade.

Love Freddie and looking forward to the release of Michael's collaborations with him.

Mercury subsequently fell out with Jackson because the U.S. star objected to Mercury taking too much cocaine in his living room."

Oh Michael - LOL! ^^

They could have made so much more wonderful music together, cant wait for the collaborations!

I can totally see Michael not appreciating the cocaine thing. Come on, would you like to see someone taking such a hard drug at your place?

If this is true of course.

I can totally see Michael not appreciating the cocaine thing. Come on, would you like to see someone taking such a hard drug at your place?

If this is true of course.
THAT! We fans are so quick to come to conclusions, that is something that has bothered me, and is a fair amount of the reason that i am very inactive on these boards. We know VERY little, compared to the people who was actually involved. We only know what we've read, and seen on TV, and that is a fact. Compared to the people who were close to MJ, we know VERY little, and i just wish that some people could just get off their high horse, and stop pretending like they know everything. Because they really, REALLY don't.

I'm sorry if this gets interpreted as a rant, that is really not my intention.

EDIT: By the way, what is up with my join date? I coulda SWORN i have been a part of this community since about 2006-07, or something.

I really doubt the coke thing is true, I'd rather prefer to believe Freddie himself!

Both of them were people with commitments and had things to do, therefor, it was difficult to finish the 3 tracks they made together. It has subtitles in Spanish but it isn't dubbed.

You are so right. We know nothing about celebrities, no matter how much we like them. We don't know them. So either positive or negative aspects of their personality that are made public by TV, mags, papers, whatever, we can't take it for granted. And honestly even if the fact comes from their own mouth, I can't say that what they tell is true, because we don't know these people. They show what they want to show. They have a public image built to sell. No one is saint.

THAT! We fans are so quick to come to conclusions, that is something that has bothered me, and is a fair amount of the reason that i am very inactive on these boards. We know VERY little, compared to the people who was actually involved. We only know what we've read, and seen on TV, and that is a fact. Compared to the people who were close to MJ, we know VERY little, and i just wish that some people could just get off their high horse, and stop pretending like they know everything. Because they really, REALLY don't.

EDIT: By the way, what is up with my join date? I coulda SWORN i have been a part of this community since about 2006-07, or something.

I really doubt the coke thing is true, I'd rather prefer to believe Freddie himself!

Both of them were people with commitments and had things to do, therefor, it was difficult to finish the 3 tracks they made together. It has subtitles in Spanish but it isn't dubbed.

Freddie says: song is a song, as long as our friendship carries on :wub:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what Freddie's assistant have to say their visit to Encino
http://montreuxmusic.com/mmm/content/view/192/244/lang,english/

Did Michael say anything when Freddie died? It was so long ago that I don't know. Who said they had a falling out because of that? I am not going to believe that just like that.

Freddie says: song is a song, as long as our friendship carries on :wub:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what Freddie's assistant have to say their visit to Encino
http://montreuxmusic.com/mmm/content/view/192/244/lang,english/

Thank you for reminding me that article, I'd already read it but I didn't post it... Yeah , it was very sweet the last thing Freddie said about their friendship! :yes: :wub:

It's so true we don't know our favorite artists but I prefer to believe THEM than the filthy media. We've seen the way they've twisted things and get them out of proportion around Michael and besides, the lack of time and availability are quite sensible to not finish to record 3 songs.

I'd like to know if Michael made an statement when Freddie passed as well...

Last edited:

We know a lot about Michael because we loved him so we tried very hard to separate the truth from the lies, we didn't have no hidden agenda like all the people that were around him, we were not interested in money, he was really honest and really loved his fans!

I think it's interesting that Micheal was the one who suggested to them to release Another One Bites the dust, their biggest selling single.

I would love to have seen them continue to record together, Hope they didnt fall out but they probably just grew apart from Thriller onward people who had been promininant in Michael's life in the 70's and early 80's found increasingly difficult to get hold of him Diana Ross said "There's no reaching him there's no finding him there's no anything"

Freddie and Mike were two strong, extremely talented VIRGO men (perfectionist alert, lol) and probably too much of a good thing wasn't good. I have no problem with people, fans, etc. second-guessing what's printed/said about public people, especially since both of them are dead (and can't confirm or detract what was said). While it is true that no one truly knows the famous, the same actually applies to EVERY HUMAN BEING. Do we really "know" anybody? That's where the trust and credibility factor kicks in. Why would Freddie put himself on blast like that (doing coke in Mike's living room) if it wasn't true in some facet? As for being "high and mighty", having a discussion and expressing doubt and/or concerns isn't a crime. Those complaining about THAT need to get over themselves.

Back