Forever, Michael 50

Forever, Michael is my favorite Motown solo album by him, so I would gladly take one. Were Almost There, One Day In Your Life, Dear Michael, Take Me Back, You Are There, etc.

There's a lot of gems on there.

very underrated album
This is an early mix of "Just a Little Bit of You", present in the leaked multitrack under a mono lossless file named "Early_Mixdown_01.wav". Although the original file was just instrumental, I only added the lead vocal due to the background music in the said a cappella track not having any BGV.

Last edited:
Reactions: GGC
Seems like Motown don't wanna do reissues. This album in particular vanished without a trace.

Instead of adding to an existing sales total, they're more interested in releasing yet another compilation (I think they're running out of superlatives, we've had Best of, Greatest, Definitive, Very Best of, Gold, Oldies, Millennium, etc).

On the other hand, at least they release the occasional album of completely unreleased stuff, so that's much better than what Sony did - ie Motown treat the vault songs as worthwhile on their own, instead of treating it like filler to make you buy Thriller again.

I think you could replace Girlfriend with One Day in Your Life on Off the Wall.

And when the groove is dead and gone​
You know that love survives​
So we can rock forever
well-there-it-is-smile.gif

And when the groove is dead and gone​
You know that love survives​
So we can rock forever
I wanna rock with you
I wanna groove with you

Oh yeah, rock with me, all night long (All night long)
Shake your thang (Shake your thang)
Come on, girl, rock with me
I wanna rock with you
I wanna groove with you

Love the Bad Tour 88 performances so much.

It gets regular spins on my Spotify account. One Day In Your Life, Take Me Back, We’ve Got Forever and We’re Almost There are highly ranked in my MJ list. I rank it behind the Got To Be There album but higher than HIStory and Invincible.

It gets regular spins on my Spotify account. One Day In Your Life, Take Me Back, We’ve Got Forever and We’re Almost There are highly ranked in my MJ list.
his voice just sounds heavenly
are there outtakes from these sessions?

It's such a shame Motown stopped their unreleased series at the year 1969. I feel we would have had some Jackson 5 and Michael outtakes had they continued into the early 70s.

it turns 50 next year. should we get a 50th anniversary rerelease
thread added to the schedule:

@GGC great videos!

Love the female vocals on We’re Almost There that seem mixed a bit louder here. It really is a grade A song, I can’t grasp how this was not a bigger hit in 1975.
Just A Little Bit Of You is a fine tune but lacks the depth that We’re Almost There has. I guess it is a tad more catchy with its melody and chorus which is why it was a substantially bigger hit.

Back