For SHAME..British tv has done NOTHING

michael4eva

Proud Member
I have looked and the only program was on yesterday...Not a single program is on as a tribute in any form which is shocking..I mean this is michael jackson..I don't say this as a fan myself but as a lover of all music..He will be remembered and his name as historic and legendary as Mozart, Shakespeare, anyone you wana mention

To not have a program on his today is a travesty and a sham..Do people realise how many programs they have of michael in their vault..It angers me when they re hash the same tired programs but to not even show one for someone who is beyound words in terms of influence is disrespectful and shameful.

The British and American media truely did ruin this man's image or at least tried too and have now tainted this day because it this was elvis or Lennon, there would be a program..Why not Jackson? Because he was portrayed as weird and eccentric and therefore people think it would be innappropriate to show him on prime time..So he gets relegated to midnight LAST NIGHT....THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON they talking about..Arguably the most famous name in music history so far..EVER...and nothing? psssh

dutch tv almost nothing, just at the news of showbizz news... and a interview with Timor shortly, timor steffens was a dancer of this is it.

even here in my country, there's one tv channel dedicate one week for him, although they only show at least one mj program per day during the week.

also two radio channels blasting michael's music all day long and one channel dedicates half of today to his music

You know what? I ma GLAD they haven't because last june/july I had to put up with watching docus and tabvloid bullshit about how he was weird and a drug addict..and everything...it made me SO fu*king angry...I am so happy they haven't put on any tabloid/negative bullshit today. Cos I don't need to see it. And the sort of images they usually show in these 'tribute' programs makes me sick...images of this day :cry: I can't watch that sort of thing :cry:

Yeah, i heard from a friend that there were nothing on British TV!

Here in Norway, Gone Too Soon documentary aired, This Is It was on, now Moonwalker. Also something called "home at Michael Jacksons mansion" were they are showing his house, etc. A radio will also be airing "MJ weekend".

Well 4 music has ..A hmmm!!! JLS doing MJ top 40 and i have to say i'm loving it, they are showing some videos that never usualy see the light of day... shown in their entirity too, Can you feel it as i have not seen it b4, awesome..Say Say Say, BOTDF, YRMW..these are normally shown on UK tv. My only complaint is they keep saying bloody J***o, realy pisses me off.
Miss you Mike xxxx

Gotta add that UK tv honouring MJ is totally crap.. shame on them!

Here in New York (USA) has been Jackson tribute after Jackson tribute and documentaries. On the radio and TV, 24/7. I'm so happy. How odd that the UK haven't done anything...what's going on???

Here in the central US, there's stuff mentioning his name every hour on some channel. Haven't heard any of his songs on the radio though =/

will you fans plz put it on the internet youtube or something? How was gone too sone Pentum? Was it a lot of rubisch in it because of Ian??? I would like to see interview with Katherine, also 20/20 and mj after life. hope i can find it tomorrow on the internet..

there has been michael stuff on the music channels plus on E! there was a show i watched which was quite interesting

You know what? I ma GLAD they haven't because last june/july I had to put up with watching docus and tabvloid bullshit about how he was weird and a drug addict..and everything...it made me SO fu*king angry...I am so happy they haven't put on any tabloid/negative bullshit today. Cos I don't need to see it. And the sort of images they usually show in these 'tribute' programs makes me sick...images of this day :cry: I can't watch that sort of thing :cry:

Good flip side of the coin..This way at least it makes people remeber the music and dance purely over all the b.s and help the view that mj will only be remembered for that in time and all the rest will be seen as an irrelevance and waste of time..

In France, tv makes tributes to Michael - one of the main gives us "Private home movies" and "Story and Legend" - we have MTV videos dedicates the week-end - we have many things like we had last year - Fortunately we succeeded to cancel LWMJ on one tv - Many musical radios dedicate the week-end to Michael -

They have had MJ on all day on Q music channel, MTV Base, and 4 Music. GMTV had a remembering MJ day this morning, E! Had MJ:True Story and one for Janet on as part of a tribute. Sky premiered This Is It as well, I'm gonna have to disagree and Q's still going strong with MJ Earth Songs on as we speak !!

Yeah, I noticed that the noncable channels didn't show any MJ programmes but at least that means no bad ones were shown as well. I was hoping though that channel 4 would how The Essential Michael which was a show I taped in 2003 but I need to retape it.

They have had MJ on all day on Q music channel, MTV Base, and 4 Music. GMTV had a remembering MJ day this morning, E! Had MJ:True Story and one for Janet on as part of a tribute. Sky premiered This Is It as well, I'm gonna have to disagree and Q's still going strong with MJ Earth Songs on as we speak !!

Wow! that's pretty great. Also aren't one of your major radio stations playing all day Michael and one in London too?

I'm surprised the Gone too Soon docu wasn't bought by your market, but then again most of you didn't want it.

Go Michael - he is everywhere today!!! L.O.V.E WILL LIVE FOREVER!

I don't count any music channel..That is a given to me..I am talking about most of the other channels..No terrestial one had anything apart from last night...and not many sky channels..If they did it was a blink and you'll miss it

There have been a few programmes in UK, one talking to P Diddy, Kenny Ortega, Akon, lots about his charity work, very positive, but it is bitter sweet, all I could think of was why didn't they do this when he was alive, what a difference it might have made.

I did meet a couple of British reporters at the house in Gary today.

Sometimes they just get it wrong. When Princess Diana died, the networks here were totally out to lunch and were not covering it live. [Fortunately I got Sky News.] They came to rue that mistake and remedied it before long.

I don't know what you been watchin in the UK but theres been stuff on all day, This is it premiered, top 40s on loads of music channels, Human Nature, E! was showing stuff, Q had stuff on all day, there was a couple tribute shows as well and I'm sure BET was showing something too.

There's been tributes -documentarys - news -talk show -videos -interviews- etc.. all day it started the 24th here in the USA.
I heard a couple radio stations play MJ songs I called to request just because I thought they should play him. plus Ondemand has Michael Jackson Sections & Starz is airing This Is It. I figured MJ would be airing internationally.

Really? I was living in NY when Princess Diana died & the coverage was pretty strong about her. I was able to watch the funeral at 5AM & there were lots of other coverage about her around the clock.

I did meet a couple of British reporters at the house in Gary today.

Sometimes they just get it wrong. When Princess Diana died, the networks here were totally out to lunch and were not covering it live. [Fortunately I got Sky News.] They came to rue that mistake and remedied it before long.

We had "Gone Too Soon" here in Ireland. Ian Halperin surprised me. He admitted he was wrong about MJ and now believes in him.

Yeah, we have UK freesat and aside from Bliss and Vault showing an hour or two of MJ vids off and on, that's about it. German TV has had tons of stuff... but alas, mostly tabloidy 'documentaries'. In the UK, doesn't that good Culture Show MJ documentary on BBC re-air tonight and on the 29th? I could've sworn I saw that on an online tv guide.

Ok, could've seen GMTV since it's on ITV, but we don't get any of those other channels on Freesat. Maybe the person who started this also doesn't have Sky. Crazy, though, that the "major" channels available via Freeview & Freesat have shown virtually nothing. :mello:

We had "Gone Too Soon" here in Ireland. Ian Halperin surprised me. He admitted he was wrong about MJ and now believes in him.

Huh - bit late for that now! Twat! :cheeky: Would have liked to have seen that though.

Back