FOR AUSTRALIANS: Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special Channel Seven

Petarkco

Proud Member
7.30pm – 8.30pm Seven
Monday 6 July 2009

"In Michael Jackson's last televised concert ever, he reunites with his brothers on stage as The Jackson 5 for the first time in twenty years. Relive the best as Michael performs the unforgettable hits that made him a global music superstar."

only an hour?

ugh sounds like they'll just show the bit with MJ and his brothers.... I wish they'd show the whole show so many great performances in that event. I loved seeing how some people paid tribute to MJ during their performances.

Thanks for the heads up
reputation.gif

Yeah, looks like this is the shortened version.
I don't think they've aired the full version since 2001...and I'm so lucky I taped that.
I loved the 'The Wiz' tribute with Monica, Jill Scott, etc. and the Destiny's Child one was cool.
Most of all, I love the little montages of Michael in between these performances.

Yeah, looks like this is the shortened version.
I don't think they've aired the full version since 2001...and I'm so lucky I taped that.
I loved the 'The Wiz' tribute with Monica, Jill Scott, etc. and the Destiny's Child one was cool.
Most of all, I love the little montages of Michael in between these performances.

yeah they are magic, hope they show them.

Maybe we should contact seven and request them too?

I really hate how Channel 7 have renamed it "The Last Time". Makes it seem so... final.

This is the thing that made me become a Michael fan. *sigh*

I was about 12 when I watched this and I have loved Michael ever since!

Hard to believe that it was almost 8 years ago.

I'm going to tape it again.

Really?? Me too! :D I was about 14.
I bumped into this program by chance...you know, flicking through channels.
I remember catching it when the Mya, Monica, etc. were singing 'Heal The World'...and in the middle would be these beautiful montages of Michael and his charity work. I can say that THAT made me interested in the first place. ;) Then soon I fell in love with him.

Last edited:
That's totally cool

I remember hearing about it and getting so excited that it became infectious and my friends watched it too because I was going to. Next day it's all they could talk about "Omg and how about when Whitney came out!!" "OMG LUTHER was awesome" "I lovvvved when the Jacksons came out and they kept pausing around the stage!"

I was just sitting there in the middle going "yeap.... yeap... YEAP"

:D

Michael ended up with a pile of new fans who still are fans today from that :D totally awesome!

It's been on twice or so from what I can remember. I'm sure it was on close to when they performed... and again sometime during 2004?

I remember that because I was at the age where I was going to house parties with a case of very cheap bourbon and coke.

yeap they showed the 3 hours version a few weeks after Sept 11 occurred (cause the concerts were from just before sept10). They then showed the 2 hour version a couple of years later.

The later version did not have the Wiz tribute, it only showed one of the songs Shaggy did, and also didn't show Dionne Warwick and a few others.

This is also what made me a michael fan! I remember and loved his music from before this, but it was seeing this on TV that rekindled that love...this concert got me more interested in hearing the rest of his music...:punk:

Back