For all these biopic rumours...

Daniel.San

Proud Member
If a biopic was made about Michael's life and was pulled off, it would win a ridiculous amount of Oscars because it's near impossible to do. There are SO many factors which make this an extremely hard task it's probably not worth the time and money.

A feature film starring an actor to play Michael Jackson would not only fail, it would most likely anger most of his family and especially his fans. No matter who directed it, you could never capture Michael's being in a 2/3 hour movie.

We know Michael lived life very privately, so much so that his mystique was part of his charm. It's what made Michael, Michael. Trying to give meaning or reason to everything in his life, to me, serves only to damage his being. I know this is a tough comparison, but it's like why the Star Wars prequels and Matrix sequels weren't liked by fans of those respective stories. The reason was, George Lucas and the Wachowski Bros felt they needed to justify or give meaning to everything that came before it. It would work the same with an MJ bio pic. You cannot have someones interpretation on Michael's reasoning for the decisions he made in life, and a movie such as this, which centers on personal issues just as much as music would only serve to anger us as fans.

It would be too controversial to comprehend. Do we need to see a directors interpretation on why he believes Michael had plastic surgery? Do we need to see his interpretations on why Michael done most of the things he did in life? Things like this are best left alone.

The only movie I would approve of 100% is a feature length documentary on his life. Told from beginning to end, including stories and footage from ALL eras in Michael's life. The thing that seems to be the trend at the moment is cornering Michael into some kind of one album wonder that always chased the Thriller mirage. Correct me if i'm wrong, but is not every single documentary on Michael flow like this:
Jackson 5 >> Thriller >>>>>>>>>>> Controversy >> Trials >> Death >> Closing J5 & Thriller montage >> Credits.

I cannot think of who or how it would be done, but a full length documentary narrated or hosted by someone close to Michael who goes into depth about everything he did musically. A major reason for this is the obvious lack of attention everything post-Thriller has received. If I didn't read up on Michael's career and spend my entire teenage life on various forums learning about his music, I would swear blind Michael retired shortly after performing Billie Jean on Motown 25.

So I suggest a young, respectful figure who knows his/her MJ music to fully narrate/host a doco. Asking those close to Michael about the meaning behind various songs... looking into the various awards and records each album and era made.

There are generations of young kids out there who dont know Michael's OTHER music, and should I say an older generation as well. I know I personally did not care for Michael's "other" music until I gave it a shot... giving people an insight into Dangerous/HIStory/BOTDF and Invincible will only serve to stamp his mark on the world even more.

Celebrate Michael as an artist fully... dont disrespect the man by telling the world only one quarter of the story.

Sorry this is long, I just wanted to say it!

61116011.Clap.gif

Back