Filmmakers from overseas continue visiting Michael Jackson's Indiana hometown

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Filmmakers from overseas continue visiting Michael Jackson's Indiana hometown
By Associated Press

http://www.fox59.com/news/sns-ap-in--michaeljackson-documentaries,0,947931.story
GARY, Ind. (AP) — Interest continues around the world about the life of Michael Jackson, bringing film crews from overseas to his Indiana hometown nearly eight months after his death.

Production crews working on documentaries for Japanese and German television were in Gary over the weekend visiting spots from Jackson's boyhood.

The Japanese crew filmed at the small house where Jackson grew up and at the former Mr. Lucky's nightclub where he and his brothers first performed as the Jackson 5 in the 1960s.

Among those interviewed was Steve Manning, who was president of the Jacksons' first fan club. Manning says he wishes Jackson could see how much he was loved.

215gfilm.jpg_20100214_21_47_21_28-281-400.imageContent

Rondell "DJ Freezrock" Adams of Gary (right) holds several 45s of early Jackson 5 recordings owned by his father, Gordon Keith, as he talks with Mayumi Maynard (left) of a Japanese film crew. Ben Clement (center) is with the Gary Office of Film & Television. (Stephanie Dowell/Post-Tribune)

MJ documentaries in works for 2 countries

http://www.post-trib.com/news/2048300,jackson-new-0215.article

GARY -- The world's devotion to The King of Pop has yet to abate, with camera crews from all corners of the world still descending on the city to learn about and record the Jackson 5's humble start.

Sunday morning, as a Japanese media production crew wrapped up its shoot of Mr. Lucky's on Grant Street, a German crew was on the corner doing its own shooting. The second crew took owner Andy Young by surprise.

Los Angeles-based Nosco had gotten in touch with Young for a promotional documentary it's producing for a cable station in Japan. "I Miss Michael Jackson" will be shown there on Music on TV in April and June.

Gary was the first stop for the crew on Sunday, and they visited the Jacksons' house as well as Mr. Lucky's, said Nosco Coordinator Ayumi Kitahara. Seeing how small the two places are took the 10-member crew by surprise, and Kitahara thinks capturing the places up close will make for compelling viewing overseas.

"Everyone loves Michael Jackson in Japan, but they know him only as 'The King of Pop,'" she said. "They've never seen where he came from."

Popular Japanese performer AI was brought in to host the show, and she was like a kid in a candy store.

"I love Michael Jackson, and I'm so happy and grateful to be here," said the blue-haired star. "I think this will be a really good message."

Steve Manning, a publicist and president of the Jacksons' first fan club, filmed with the crew as well. The last time he saw Mr. Lucky's was when he visited it with Michael Jackson several years ago. "I wish he could see how really loved he is. He was such a kind person," Manning said.

The 3-person German crew, meanwhile, was on the last leg of its research, having already been to Los Angeles and Neverland Ranch. Its four-hour documentary, which will feature former Jackson band member and associate Reynaud D. Jones and Steeltown Records founder Gordon Keith, will air on German station VOX.

Young has owned Mr. Lucky's for about two years, he said. He knew its history, so he originally purchased it to demolish and sell the bricks. With the renewed interest, however, whether he'll still do that remains to be seen.

Last edited:
says he wishes Jackson could see how much he was loved.
yeah cause no one loved him when he was here *yawn* mj knew well enough

i think mj knowed he was loved with all the fans waiting hours outside his hotels, giving him gifts, and being there for him through his good and tough times

i think mj knowed he was loved with all the fans waiting hours outside his hotels, giving him gifts, and being there for him through his good and tough times

Michael knew he was loved especially by his most ardent fans; although you could argue that sometimes with all that he went through - he may have wondered a bit if the world, or the U.S, especially- loved him.

215gfilm.jpg_20100214_21_47_21_28-281-400.imageContent

Rondell "DJ Freezrock" Adams of Gary (right) holds several 45s of early Jackson 5 recordings owned by his father, Gordon Keith, as he talks with Mayumi Maynard (left) of a Japanese film crew. Ben Clement (center) is with the Gary Office of Film & Television. (Stephanie Dowell/Post-Tribune)

I know the fans were always there and he knew we loved him. But I wish the general public showed their love for him while he was here. That used to really bother me. :(

Nice article, thank for posting.
I think Michael knew very well that he was loved by many. But I'm sure he had his doubts about certain kinds of people in this world.

Thank you :flowers:

Ummm this is no news to me, fact is this is about Michael Jackson... wait until Neverland is open, im sure it will be open for the public.... I WISH,

Is one of my dreams to visit the "Given tree" :yes: which is at Neverland,

Neverland was a place of such inspiration for Michael, he developed so many ideas for many short films there, i wish i could be where he was once....:angel: well understand me, I LOOOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Michael walked through there, wow

I hope that those japanese crew would do the good job,because most of the programs shown before was like tabloid and didn't show MJ's TRUE personalities.
AI ,who would be on this probram, is a singer who love MJ from bottom of her heart as the fans all over the world. I realy looking forward to watch this program in april.
LOVE,MJ.

Back