Female singers ruin the songs!!!!!

MichaelMySoul

Proud Member
Cinderella Stay a While and Forever Came Today are one of my favorite songs from Michael... But the darn female singers in the background completely ruins the song!

When I blast the tunes as loud as I can.. I have to turn the volume down as soon as those girls start singing.. Its so annoying..

''Fairytales, make-believe and youuuuuu...'' ''Fairytales, make-believe and youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...''

''Forever.... Forever... And EVER AND EVER AND EVER!!!!!!'' ''FOREVER!!!!!''

Am I the only one annoyed at the background singers? Michael could do just as well without them...

That was common in the 1970s to use the female backing singers in songs. They were in songs by The Spinners, Johnnie Taylor, & a lot of blaxploitation soundtrack songs. Sometimes they were kind of screechy, lol. In the 1960s they had the whitebread backing vocalists, an example is Stevie Wonder's "A Place In The Sun". They were also common on some Jackie Wilson & Sam Cooke tracks.

It doesn't bother me at all on the songs you mentioned, it was the 70s after all, seems like that's how they rolled back then. Although I admit that the aggressive shrieking FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER is slightly funny. However, on Invincible -- songs like Butterflies and Heaven Can Wait, the female backing vocals annoy the hell out of me. Sooooo unneccesary.

None of those bother me. What vocal in HCW? Butterflies would be empty without Marshas backing vocal, unless Michael done it himself.

Do you think maybe its the fact that you lot don't want to hear anything other than Michael on a Michael track?

they do no such thing if anything they make them better.

Female singers drive me nuts in the first place, but man!! They DO ruin some of his songs.
One in particular is It's The Falling In Love.
UGHH!!

Patti Austin is a great singer. I think she makes the song better than if it had just been a solo.

Whether backup singers work on songs or not is purely a matter of personal taste. I happen to agree that they tend to ruin songs, any songs. :doh: I especially dislike them on live performances. To me, the backup singers usually end up sounding as if they are out of tune. Shudder. But that's my opinion. Your milage may vary. :)

Do you think maybe its the fact that you lot don't want to hear anything other than Michael on a Michael track?

No not really.. I love duets Michael has done with other people and I have basically all Jacksons/Jackson 5 records.. I dont mind hearing Mike sing with others.. I just dont like the female singers in the background.. especially when I dont even know who is singing..

Im a female myself.. I just dont like them in Mikes songs.. They just pop up from nowhere, like wtf where did you come from?? :lol:
"Forever Came Today" is a J5 song. So it's not really a Michael song, lol.

That was common in the 1970s to use the female backing singers in songs. They were in songs by The Spinners, Johnnie Taylor, & a lot of blaxploitation soundtrack songs. Sometimes they were kind of screechy, lol. In the 1960s they had the whitebread backing vocalists, an example is Stevie Wonder's "A Place In The Sun". They were also common on some Jackie Wilson & Sam Cooke tracks.

and they definately ruined those tracks. It was bad to hear Sam Cookes beautiful soulful vouce against a backdrop of white female background singer. It never mixed well.

BTW, you know alot about music, huh?

I thought some of the female backing on the live Billie Jean was poor on the Bad tour.

Okay so is this just about female vocals on specific MJ songs or bashing female singers in general? Because if it's the latter... what the... guess I should just quit singing for good. Should have been born a man.

Okay so is this just about female vocals on specific MJ songs or bashing female singers in general? Because if it's the latter... what the... guess I should just quit singing for good. Should have been born a man.

Oh my god.. Are you serious? My topic was not intended to insult female singers in general, if you read the topic you'll see I was mentioning specific Jackson songs, like Cinderella Stay A While and Forever Came Today.. Backup female singers in Michaels songs in the mid 70's. Not female singers in general.. Dont get me wrong here.. I love so many female singers..

Please dont stop singing because of something I say, its just a silly thread. :doh:

Holy crap, everything I say these days are taken the wrong way. :bugeyed

None of those bother me. What vocal in HCW? Butterflies would be empty without Marshas backing vocal, unless Michael done it himself.

I don't know how to answer that.. um, you know. Just listen to it, there's some modern day RnB chick ruining the song. Unless it's a guy that sounds like a chick. *shrugs*

Oh my god.. Are you serious? My topic was not intended to insult female singers in general, if you read the topic you'll see I was mentioning specific Jackson songs, like Cinderella Stay A While and Forever Came Today.. Backup female singers in Michaels songs in the mid 70's. Not female singers in general.. Dont get me wrong here.. I love so many female singers..

Please dont stop singing because of something I say, its just a silly thread. :doh:

Holy crap, everything I say these days are taken the wrong way. :bugeyed

Sorry my reply was so pointed.
I understand that you mentioned specific songs but the title and other responses in this thread were leading me astray... my bad. I'm quite passionate about this issue - I've got people around me who say that females fronting bands is lame. I jumped the gun here.
Peace.
:)

Sorry my reply was so pointed.
I understand that you mentioned specific songs but the title and other responses in this thread were leading me astray... my bad. I'm quite passionate about this issue - I've got people around me who say that females fronting bands is lame. I jumped the gun here.
Peace.
:)

Please dont listen to them, I love female bands and singers! (Just not the ones who interrupt Michael singing in his songs...lol) Dont worry about it. Keep on singing, please. :cheeky:

I don't know how to answer that.. um, you know. Just listen to it, there's some modern day RnB chick ruining the song. Unless it's a guy that sounds like a chick. *shrugs*
The person you are talking about wrote "Butterflies", so how can she ruin her own song?

I think shes talking about Heaven Can Wait.

At the start of the second verse? Are you kidding me? That bit is hot! Mikes doin his thang with that chick!

I listened the Cinderella Stay a While. I like the song overall but the singers make the song hokey. But it was the 70's and according to my mom everything sounded like that.

The person you are talking about wrote "Butterflies", so how can she ruin her own song?

I know that, doesn't make me like it any more. I don't like the song much either. Tastes differ, ya know.

Back