feel sad about christmas

i wasn't expecting what you said. i thought you were going to say you couldn't celebrate Christmas because Michael Jackson died. cus that's how i feel.

but now that you have cleared up what your thread is about....that's a hard one for me..

my dad was a muslim, but i still wanted to celebrate Christmas in the earlier years..

i am a christian but i feel sad about this xmas too ..:( big time sad. wish santa would bring mike back ...:angel:

My entire family is muslim and we are celebrating Christmas...

Our tree is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

I'm an Hindu but I celebrate Christmas because it's an happy occasion that brings people together. I also believe in all Gods and Goddesses.

Don't let religion stop you doing good things. Religion has always changed as humans have evolved and begin to understand more. This too gives us a better understanding of God.

However, I agree that this Christmas will be different without Michael. It'll be unimaginable for Michael's Children. And I guess that Michael will be hurting in Heaven without his beloved children.

I am just a spiritual person but celebrate both christian festivities (since its my background) and muslim ones (since my husband is a muslim).

The more vceleberations the better...lol.

This christmas is hard for me though, i lost my grandmother, other familymembers, lost Michael and had a miscarriage this year.

Christmas will not be easy for me too this year cuz it's just a very emotional time anyways and this year I've lost my boyfriend and Michael... and that hurts.
However I am a Christian... and Christmas in it's real (no commercial meaning!!!) is about that Christ was born. He was sent to earth from God.
The child who was sent is the promise given by God to us Christians (and the way I believe to all humans in general) that he will save us when we're willing to follow the teachings his son explained to us.
So to me I'm celebrating Christmas also cuz I got the promise I'll be with everyone I loved in this life again and wow that promise is comfort and is a hold in all this sadness, pain and hurt, so wow there's a true reason to celebrate.
I just have to learn my lessons first but I am willing... and one lesson is there's always also reasons to be happy again... sometime it's hard to find them... but trust in God. To prove his trustworthy it's told he sent his own son that time. God knows it's hard. God feels with everyone trying not to give up, trying to hold on... he sent his son to make it easier for ppl not to give up, to make it easier for ppl to hold on to the good... to make it easier for ppl to have faith.

Christmas celebrates the birth of a child symbolizing all the hope all the love in this world, Jesus Christ.

It's not about Christmas trees, not about candy, not about gifts, not even about much of decoration... that's all what was made up much later, well I admit I love it cuz it's my expression of thankfulness for that promise I (and everybody) got.

Yes this year was a year of huge losses, incredible pain and sadness. Yes it still hurts. But then look at the new born child when it's Christmas... I can't wait for Christmas. I honestly feel some kind of need to bow my knees in front of that child and put all my pain and dispair down there.
I just know this child is send to put hope into our tortured hearts again. This child is sent to dry the tears of despiration. And I know it will make me cry happy tears of love and hope again.
Well of cuz it's a question of belief.

IMG_0133.jpg

A child was sent to bring this world hope, love and happiness.
Well we have to learn our sometimes so very hard lessons in this life first.
But if we're willing to there is this promise send in the person of Jesus Christ to the humans: In the end all will be good again. Find comfort, find healing in it.
In the end we all will be together again in eternal peace, love and happiness.

I can't wait to wish everyone a Merry Christmas... but well there's still some time... till then nice holidays to everybody!

I'm an Hindu but I celebrate Christmas because it's an happy occasion that brings people together. I also believe in all Gods and Goddesses.

Don't let religion stop you doing good things. Religion has always changed as humans have evolved and begin to understand more. This too gives us a better understanding of God.

However, I agree that this Christmas will be different without Michael. It'll be unimaginable for Michael's Children. And I guess that Michael will be hurting in Heaven without his beloved children.

Yeah you're right!! :) my religion should not stop me for having joy and happines.. maybe I can celebrate christmas in my room :p

I am just a spiritual person but celebrate both christian festivities (since its my background) and muslim ones (since my husband is a muslim).

The more vceleberations the better...lol.

This christmas is hard for me though, i lost my grandmother, other familymembers, lost Michael and had a miscarriage this year.

Aww that is so sad.. you lost many people :weeping: well I also had lost my two cousins age of 19 and 21.. and now Michael..

Hugs to everybody :huggy:

Personally, for me Christmas hasn't been the most fun of times since I was a kid.
Back then it was all about gifts and all, but now it's about reflection.
I think though that it's a great time to reflect and try to focus your energy to feel appreciative to what you still have left.

I'm an Hindu but I celebrate Christmas because it's an happy occasion thatbrings people together. I also believe in all Gods and Goddesses.

This is a fantastic post, and I certainly agree with you in every word!
It's like, no matter if you're Hindu, Christian, Muslim, without a religion, or whatever - it's still important to use common sense and live life your way.
I think it's great to be inspired by religion, but it's even more important that you still make "your own" religion out of it - because we're all different people and have different needs.

I just sometimes wish that people could see a difference in religion and belief, because to me they are two completely different things.

*rep added*

Christmas will not be easy for me too this year cuz it's just a very emotional time anyways and this year I've lost my boyfriend and Michael... and that hurts.

I am so sorry for you losses - I really am :cry:

I can't wait for Christmas. I honestly feel some kind of need to bow my knees in front of that child and put all my pain and dispair down there.
I just know this child is send to put hope into our tortured hearts again. This child is sent to dry the tears of despiration. And I know it will make me cry happy tears of love and hope again.

I wasn´t in a christmas mood anyway.
Wednesday i lost a very,very good friend....
And now i dont feel for christmas in any way...
I hope i´m going to be that strong like you are !!!!

u can still celebrate it .after all jesus is an important profit to muslims.how many ppl who celebrate xmas are christiss anyway. the real meaning of the celebration doesnt excist anymore as your post shows

I feel sad about Christmas sometimes because my great-grandmother, who I lost 4 years ago, is no longer here to celebrate it with us. But I know she's in Heaven, actually seeing the One who Christmas is all about! I try not to think about not having her here, because I cry and it still hurts me a lot. But, I have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas -- that my cousin who has a brain tumor is healing, and we have had 4 births in my family this year alone -- the newest one was born on Tuesday to my cousin with the brain tumor and his wife (and their 2-year-old son). I am so thankful that everyone is healthy and/or healing.
I feel sad for the people in my community who have lost a child within the past few years. We lost a 19-year-old and a 17-year-old three years ago, and numerous other middle school and high school students or really recent graduates since then. I can't imagine how Christmas must be for them now, and especially how it was for them the same year of their loss. I feel very lucky, because I could not imagine a Christmas without one of my cousins or my brother.
When you feel sad about Christmas, think of all you have and be thankful for what you've got! :)

Beautifully put. :angel:

Back