February 4, 2009 - Wednesday

MsSnoop

Proud Member
News, mentionings, discussions and other topics.

Former singer Amanda Ghost has been elected the new president of Epic Records, which is home to Michael Jackson and Ozzy Osbourne.

by Jason Gregory

200michaeljacko.jpg

Ghost, now a songwriter, has co-written tracks with the likes of James Blunt, Jay-Z and Britney Spears

She was also responsible for Shakira and Beyonce's hit 'Beautiful Liar'.

Ghost told the BBC that her election was a result of Sony, Epic's parent company, wanting to put control "back in the hands of creative talent”.

"I'm not a conventional choice as an executive in the music business, but it is testament to the new mood at Sony where content is now king,” she said.

"I'm here to draw on my experiences as an artist, songwriter and producer to make the new and existing artists signed to Epic as brilliant and successful as possible."

Ghost recently appeared as a guest panellist on Channel 4's talent search Unsigned Act.

Jennifer Lopez and George Michael are also signed to the record label.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/49141/Michael-Jacksons-Record-Label-Elects-Amanda-Ghost-New-President

================================​

Three Dog Night will join the symphony at Riverbend
[SIZE=-1]Chattanooga Times Free Press, TN - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Over the years, he has worked with everyone from Hugh Masakela to Joe Cocker to Michael Jackson. Henderson is comfortable performing jazz in a variety of ...[/SIZE]

It’s not that easy being green…
[SIZE=-1]The South African, UK - 17 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Kanti, isn’t that what Michael Jackson used to say in the song, ‘… for you and for me and the entire human race. There are children dying… ...[/SIZE]

The Show, The After Party, The Hotel 02.04.09: How to be a Radio DJ
[SIZE=-1]411mania.com, TX - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Usher - To The Moon: I think Usher is channelling his inner Michael Jackson on this one, with some vocals that sound quite like the King of Pop. ...[/SIZE]

Groundhog Deja Vu
[SIZE=-1]OnMilwaukee.com, Milwaukee - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ does that in my opinion. There isn’ta bad song on the disc and it still sounds great today. Personal opinions of Michael ...[/SIZE]

Who's sizzling? Who's scorching? We single out the up-and-coming ...
[SIZE=-1]Electric New Paper, Singapore - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The heartthrob showcases his smooth vocals with four tracks on his new CD, most notedly on You Are Not Alone, a cover of the Michael Jackson ballad. ...[/SIZE]

A small slip but Ray's floorless
[SIZE=-1]The Sun, UK - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]But despite a small slip-up, the 20-year-old’s performance to Michael Jackson’s Smooth Criminal STILL had the panel struggling to find faults. Foxy Roxy . ...[/SIZE]

Music review: The Killers have that Human touch
[SIZE=-1]Houston Chronicle, TX [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Flowers sported a flashy (of course) jacket with ornamental shoulder pads that would make Michael Jackson proud. He careened among his microphone, ...[/SIZE]

People, PJ does not stand for 'public jammies'
The Virginian-Pilot, VA -
After all, Michael Jackson went to court in his and didn’t get thrown out. But then Toni Davidson of Suffolk called me to sound off about a spate of adults ...

**************************************************​

Cute YouTube montage of MJ and others wearing PJ's - a little bit 'strange' with photoshop at the end, but still very entertaining.

A Tribute to Michael Jacksons Pajamas MJ Loves wearing his pajamas
SONGS Pajama Song _ By the Toll Trolls Pajama Song by Iglu and Hartly

*************************************************​

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1997 - "Daily Variety" reported that Michael Jackson had fired his long time personal managers and had signed a contract with Prince Alwaleed Bin Talai.

1997 - Michael Jackson testified in Rome that he did not steal his 1991 song "Will You Be There." Italian singer Al Bano claimed that the Jackson song was stolen from his 1987 song "Swans of Balaka."

... and now for more sexy stuff!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:​

badera266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost told the BBC that her election was a result of Sony, Epic's parent company, wanting to put control "back in the hands of creative talent”.

"I'm not a conventional choice as an executive in the music business, but it is testament to the new mood at Sony where content is now king,” she said.

"I'm here to draw on my experiences as an artist, songwriter and producer to make the new and existing artists signed to Epic as brilliant and successful as possible."
that ideology is what the industry needs, and i hope it works out.

that ideology is what the industry needs, and i hope it works out.

Yeah I hope too.

At the moment MJ has control. He makes the album, when it is finished and he is satisfied with it he takes it to SONY (or another label) and gets them to release it and promote it! This time I believe MJ wants total control of the album!

Thanks for the video In the closet! It's soo long time since I last saw that video. It's great. The moves are spectacular!

Can someone stand up and tell me when the near future is so we can pretend to care or really get our asses into gear – for real!

Nice article.

Regarding the PJ's: IF you are cool you must put on PJ's.
Jessica Alba wears them on the red carpet (designed by D&G) with pride and Miley wears them on stage.

Ghost told the BBC that her election was a result of Sony,
Epic's parent company, wanting to put control "back in the hands of creative talent”.
Where it should be. If, or should I say when it happens, lets hope it makes all the difference in the world.

In the mood to get some hits out there! Lol!

Thanks for the news N stuff. :)

Oh isnt that special? A YANA cover by a guy named Judy.

[SIZE=-1]
[SIZE=-1]The heartthrob showcases his smooth vocals with four tracks on his new CD, most notedly on You Are Not Alone, a cover of the Michael Jackson ballad[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

I usually don't add anything to the news sections, but since I am an avid gamer I figured few people will see this minor mention of Michael Jackson. Anyway it isn't news or anything, but his name is brought up in the interview…

http://gonintendo.com/?p=71597

"Kikizo: Going a bit further back, I wonder if you can clear up some speculation that’s been around for years now, that Michael Jackson was involved in the music production for Sonic 3? There is some really quite convincing evidence on the internet. You must surely be the guy to say yes it’s true, or no it’s not?!

Naka: [laughs] It’s best that you ask Sega!

Kikizo: Well, er, it was your game, Naka-san… nobody at Sega would even know any more…

Naka: It’s a mystery [laughs]. This information is on a need-to-know basis! [laughs more] One day, when the time comes, I will give you the information!

in the music business.. there are continual lawsuits...yes, it even happens to the demi-gods...so sometimes you have to take it in stride... when it comes to Michael..its part of the process....

Coldplay May Get Served Lawsuit At Grammys

Huffington Post | Katherine Thomson | February 4, 2009 08:35 AM

Buzz this article up.Buzz up!
s-CHRIS-MARTIN-large.jpg

document.write('
email.gif

Get Breaking News Alerts

never spam

');

Coldplay may get served legal papers at this weekend's Grammy Awards.
Last year guitarist Joe Satriani alleged that Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" borrowed a little too heavily from his "I Just Wanna Fly." Satriani's lawyer Howard King is planning to blanket the Grammys with servers to hand the band a plagiarism lawsuit.

reports:
King says, "We have warned their British lawyers that we have hired a fleet of process servers lined up to dog the band everywhere they go this weekend in the hopes of serving them."

King even promises to have camera crews roaming around with the process servers to get the whole thing on tape.

Buzz up!ShareThisBuzz up!
X

Got this from the KOP Board from the user kaymon1 "If anyone feels like watching, I saw a blurb about Akon being on the Daily 10 today after E! News. They mentioned he would be defending MJ, and Jessica Simpson. They called him Akon the Defender." And speaking of akon can somebody watch this interview he did on Good Day LA to see if he got asked about MJ cus the clip keeps stopping at 00:30 and doesn't go any further. http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/good_day_la/Ako...n_GDLA_2009_2_3 And there was an interview akon did on billy bush's radio show back in january and talked about michael but the audio thing doesn't work.

Last edited:
lol..where's the other artists' photos in that article about the new epic records president? lol..i guess the reporter is saying that MJ is the biggest star in the world. lol

Ah, that Howard King guy strikes again. This is same guy who lawyers against Michael for Marc Schaffel.

You guys should of seen the interview on E!'s Daily 10 cus akon called their asses OUT! Saying how negative they are towards MJ and such. It was EPIC!

Really?! Dang, I'd like to see that. Akon's a real cool dude for sticking up for Michael. So many people are afraid to, even his so called "friends".

Back