Favourite Restaurant Food

Goodbye Michael

Proud Member
i went to Spurs steakhouse in South Africa a couple of years back and LOVED the buffalo wings with the blue cheese sauce (it's the only place i've been to that had these wings since i live in Australia and i think it's predominately a US thing). I've seen some recipes on the internet since but nothing really comes close. I've just been wondering...what is your favourite thing to order when you go out for a meal and who has the best!!!

For me :

Spurs Buffalo wings and blue cheese sauce
Charminar's Butter chicken (indian) -
Raj on Taj's Kashmiri rice (indian)

Last edited:
I'm always on the lookout for really good corned beef hash. My grandfather made it homemade and I've always sort of matched a resturant dish of it up to his. His is my standard. Not many resturants seem to make the grade though....

My very favorite dish at a US resturant is this thing called the All American BBQ and it's at Famous Daves. It is BBQ'd chicken, ribs, fries, corn on the cob, coleslaw, baked beans in molassis & bacon, and brisket. It is either for 2 or for 4. They serve it on a garbage can lid...no joking! It's a great meal with signature bbq sauce and I miss it!

YUM!!! i like the sound of that bbq dish

and what on earth is corned beef hash......i've heard of corned beef, ive heard of hash browns....is it a mixture of both?

YUM!!! i like the sound of that bbq dish

and what on earth is corned beef hash......i've heard of corned beef, ive heard of hash browns....is it a mixture of both?

Yeah it's SO good!

Corned beef hash is basically corned beef fried in a pan with chopped up potatoes. It's very good. I made it here for my Aussie friends and they just loved it. It's very easy to make.

Ribs and the bread pudding from Famous Dave's
Cheddar Bay Biscuits and the create your own feast (I get scampi, coconut shrimp, and fried shrimp) from Red Lobster
The dinner rolls and potato skins from Cousino's Steakhouse (it's a local joint)
Veal Parmesan from Romano's Macaroni Grill (we drive all the way to Detroit or Cleveland for it since we don't have one here)
Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden
Bloomin' Onion and Alice Springs Quesadillas from Outback Steakhouse
Cowboy Burger from Applebee's
Beef Chimichangas from Carmel's
Ribs, Sesame Jack Chicken Strips, and Mac 'n Five Cheese from TGI Friday's (by the way, I could bathe in their Jack Daniels sauce)

Can't you tell we eat out a lot and we love food? :D

Ribs and the bread pudding from Famous Dave's
Cheddar Bay Biscuits and the create your own feast (I get scampi, coconut shrimp, and fried shrimp) from Red Lobster
The dinner rolls and potato skins from Cousino's Steakhouse (it's a local joint)
Veal Parmesan from Romano's Macaroni Grill (we drive all the way to Detroit or Cleveland for it since we don't have one here)
Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden
Bloomin' Onion and Alice Springs Quesadillas from Outback Steakhouse
Cowboy Burger from Applebee's
Beef Chimichangas from Carmel's
Ribs, Sesame Jack Chicken Strips, and Mac 'n Five Cheese from TGI Friday's (by the way, I could bathe in their Jack Daniels sauce)

Can't you tell we eat out a lot and we love food? :D

I so agree on the bolded statements :lol:

I love having Cheesy Pasta,Spaghetti Bolognese or Lasange *drools*

Without a doubt, fresh seafood like crab legs, lobster tail, mussels/oysters/clams, calamari, etc., from an established higher end seafood/steak restaurant in town. It's a rare luxury though, sorry to say.

lobster tail
queso fundito with shrimp (basically a hot stretchy white cheese fondue with grilled shrimp that you put in warm tortillas from Salpicon in Chicago)
Bread pudding with chocolate instead of raisins
Red Velvet cake from Sprinkles or Doughboys in Los Angeles

kfc
taco bell
popeyes
nandos
mcdonalds
taco bueno
burgerking

Oh God, I'll never be able to eat KFC without thinking of Michael lol. I love their famous bowls since you get the best of everything all together.

I also like Taco Bell, particularly the chicken quesadillas. The problem is that whenever I eat Taco Bell I always get horrible stomach aches.

Oh God, I'll never be able to eat KFC without thinking of Michael lol.

Me too! Mmmm, a great guilty pleasure, the yummiest food you can get in a bucket! :)

I also love sushi, Thai food, Italian, Mexican.... and living in New York I can sample lots of interesting cuisines. Now I'm hungry again...

KFC-2pc (original/grilled legs) w/ corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and lemon parfait or hot wings (no sauce)
Burger King-Whopper Jr, value french fries and value vanilla shake
Wendy's-Jr. single, jr. fries and jr. frosty (chocolate and vanilla)
Boston Market-Turkey, mac and cheese and potatoes
Bojangles 2pc Southern Style legs, cotc and macaroni
Camino Real (beef tacos or nachos)
Demo's-Hamburger steak and chicken soup
Back Yard Burger-1/3 lb burger and seasoned french fries
Bar-B-Cutie-Country fried steak, mashed potatoes and macaroni w/ Texas toast

I'm trying to go to these places sparingly, so I better stop before a craving starts :)

olive garden ::faints::
red lobster
mexican, greek, french, italian, indian restaurants

french desserts are the best!!

Oh man...

Well I am American so it is a given that I love anything deep fried or greasy LOL!

As far as fast food goes I really like;

Taco Bell - Crunch Wrap Supreme (Spicy Chicken) with a Soft Taco, Hot Sauce and a Mt. Dew =]
Burger King - Chicken Fries with Barbeque Sauce, French Fries with Extra Salt and an Orange HiC

For a Sit Down Restaraunt...

Applebees - Chicken Fajita Roll Up, French Fries and a Pepsi mmmm

Back