Favorite songs he composed

mspennyloafer

Proud Member
this is in reaction to people sayin (not here but elsewhere) Michael didn't write his own songs or it was all other people doin the work!!! Or even then, his work was only good in the early days (implyin when other people were doin all the work for him) BS, he wrote some of the best songs off otw and thriller. quincy my behind, he didn't even WANT billie jean on the album.

thriller--
wanna be startin something, billie jean, beat it
otw
dont stop til you get enough, WORKING DAY AND NIGHT

These were so great

I love the songs he wrote, but some of my favorites are ones he didn't write. My favorite off of Thriller is Human Nature, unfortunately not written by Michael. That's okay, though, because every song he did write that he recorded was at least pretty good. Don't forget that he wrote Get On The Floor from Off The Wall and The Girl is Mine from Thriller.

Michael wrote the vast majority of his hits by himself so I don't get it when people go saying oh Michael didn't write many of his hits. I just think they say that to undermine his talent or that they haven't even been bothered to go and look as to which songs he wrote. Here are songs that Michael wrote entirely himself (although I'm sure there are many songs locked away that we don't know about):

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Working Day and Night
Sunset Driver
This Place Hotel
Billie Jean
Beat It
Wanna Be Startin' Something
The Girl Is Mine
BAD
The Way You Make Me Feel
Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Another Part Of Me
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
Leave Me Alone
Streetwalker
Fly Away
Black Or White
Heal The World
Will You Be There
Who Is It
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger In Moscow
Childhood
Money
Little Susie
D.S.
Earth Song
Speechless
The Lost Children
The Way You Love Me
Beautiful Girl
In The Back

I wouldn't call that not many to me. Then you have all the songs that Michael co-wrote with others (although he was the lead songwriter on most of those songs).

Last edited:
Who is it and They don't care about us. And Beat it.

Back