Favorite MJ Lyric

ArabianGirl~AllTheTime

Proud Member
We all love all his songs, but there are certain MJ quotes or lyrics that just bring out something special within us. Everyone has that favorite lyric that touches them everytime they hear it! Whether is reminds you of somethin funny or makes you emotional!! And I know there has to be more than one! Share some of yours here with us!!

"But they told me, a man should be faithful, and walk when not able and fight til the end but Im only human"- Will You Be There

I get goosebumps every time I hear this one!! I feel he's very emotional when he sings it.. it really gets to me!!

"There is nothing that can be done
if we raise our voice as one"

It´s a cruel world we are living in, but there are also lots of love here.Together we can make a better world.

We all love all his songs, but there are certain MJ quotes or lyrics that just bring out something special within us. Everyone has that favorite lyric that touches them everytime they hear it! Whether is reminds you of somethin funny or makes you emotional!! And I know there has to be more than one! Share some of yours here with us!!

"But they told me, a man should be faithful, and walk when not able and fight til the end but Im only human"- Will You Be There

I get goosebumps every time I hear this one!! I feel he's very emotional when he sings it.. it really gets to me!!

I was going to say exactly the same one! :heart:

The lyrics to Give In To Me are my favorite, I can't really pick out a line from it, it's the whole feel.. though the "you won't be laughing girl when I'm not around" has brought a little extra emotions since June..

In Our Darkest Hour
In My Deepest Despair
Will You Still Care?
Will You Be There?
In My Trials
And My Tripulations
Through Our Doubts
And Frustrations
In My Violence
In My Turbulence
Through My Fear
And My Confessions
In My Anguish And My Pain
Through My Joy And My Sorrow
In The Promise Of Another Tomorrow
I'll Never Let You Part
For You're Always In My Heart.

I thought of another one I like "melting like hot candle wax" he actually sings this lyric twice. In DSTYGE and the J5 song "Touch." I notice this on some of his songs that he had reused some lyrics for certain songs.

I love all of them but one special for me is Stranger in Moscow.
Here is a nice analysis I came across recently.

Stranger in Moscow
("History"-album, 1995)

Michael Jackson:
“‘Stranger in Moscow’ was written, uh, when I was in Moscow on the ‘Dangerous’-Tour. And it was just a strange, eerie, lonely time for me. Outside my hotel was just a sea of faces of… of fans chanting and screaming. But I was inside my room and I felt so all alone, like I was the last person of the planet. And in the song I say ‘How does it feel when you’re alone and you’re cold inside.’ uh, I say ‘It’s like a stranger in Moscow’ and that’s pretty much how I felt. And the people were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. And the concert was very successful, but, uhm, that day, especially that day, I just felt this different feeling and the song ‘Stranger in Moscow’ came to me. So, that’s how it was written.”

Here as well the connection can be found in the allegations of sexual molestation of a child back in 1993. Shortly after he was informed about the accusation he visited Moscow, the capital of Russia within the scope of the Dangerous World Tour in September. And he writes that he, although he was surrounded by people and thousands of cheering fans camping before his hotel, felt completely alone. Alone and abandoned in is fame and his emotional pain. The private Armageddon of the mind, the decline of the own pluckiness. Hence the wonderful, gloomy ballad which deals with the feelings of a “Stranger in Moscow”. Finding oneself in this ambivalence between “everything and nothing”, surrounded by uncountable people and still being completely reduced to oneself. The most known person in the world in his own, private Armageddon, in his special way of attritional loneliness.

Stranger in Moscow
(written and composed by Michael Jackson 1993)

I was wandering in the rain
Mask of life, feelin’ insane
Swift and sudden fall from grace
Sunny days seem far away
Kremlin’s shadow belittlin’ me
Stalin’s tomb won’t let me be
On and on and on it came
Wish the rain would just let me be

How does it feel
(How does it feel)
How does it feel
How does it feel
When you’re alone
And you’re cold inside

Here abandoned in my fame
Armageddon of the brain
KGB was doggin’ me
Take my name and just let me be
Then a begger boy called my name
Happy days will drown the pain
On and on and on it came
And again, and again, and again…
Take my name and just let me be

How does it feel
(How does it feel)
How does it feel
How does it feel
How does it feel
How does it feel
(How does it feel now)
How does it feel
How does it feel
When you’re alone
And you’re cold inside

How does it feel
(How does it feel)
How does it feel
How does it feel
How does it feel
How does it feel
(How does it feel now)
How does it feel
How does it feel
When you’re alone
And you’re cold inside

Like a stranger in Moscow
We’re talkin’ danger
We’re talkin’ danger baby
We’re talkin’ danger
We’re talkin’ danger baby
I’m livin’ lonely
I’m livin’ lonely baby
A stranger in Moscow

[KGB Interrigator — Russian to English Translation]
“Why have you come from the West? Confess!
To steal the great achievments of the people, the accomplishments of the workers…”

I love all of them but one special for me is Stranger in Moscow.
Here is a nice analysis I came across recently.

Stranger in Moscow
("History"-album, 1995)

Michael Jackson:
“‘Stranger in Moscow’ was written, uh, when I was in Moscow on the ‘Dangerous’-Tour. And it was just a strange, eerie, lonely time for me. Outside my hotel was just a sea of faces of… of fans chanting and screaming. But I was inside my room and I felt so all alone, like I was the last person of the planet. And in the song I say ‘How does it feel when you’re alone and you’re cold inside.’ uh, I say ‘It’s like a stranger in Moscow’ and that’s pretty much how I felt. And the people were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. And the concert was very successful, but, uhm, that day, especially that day, I just felt this different feeling and the song ‘Stranger in Moscow’ came to me. So, that’s how it was written.”

Thanks! I always find it so interesting and intriguing to read what Michael has to say about the songs which he has written! So thanks for adding that information! :)

There are so many... The lycrics of Will You Be There belongs to my absloute favourites, but since they have been mentioned here a couple of times already, here are a couple of others.

Then it feels that always love´s enough for us growing.

If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself, then make a change.

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.

cause we’re all the same, yes the blood inside of me is inside of you :) :heart:

The lyrics of ON THE LINE are really touching me right now...

No sense pretending it's over
Hard times just don't go away
You gotta take that chip off your shoulder
It's time you open up
Have some faith

Nothing good ever comes easy
All good things come in due time
Yes it does
You gotta have something to believe in
I'm telling you to open your mind

[Chorus]
Gotta put your heart on the line
If you wanna make it right
You've got to reach out and try
If you wanna get it right
Gotta put it all on the line

You see yourself in the mirror
And you don't like what you see
And things arent getting much clearer
Don't you think it's time you go for a change

Don't waste your time on the past, no, no
It's time you look to the future
It's all right there if you ask
This time if you try much harder

[Chorus]
You've got to reach out and try
If you wanna get it right
Gotta put it all on the line

If you wanna do it now
Let love come free
And that's just so easy now
You gotta go for what you want
You gotta do what you got to do

like all of you I have several, but right away three lines from three completely different songs come to mind...

Working Day and Night's: How Can You Live Girl 'Cause Love For Us Was Meant To Be
I don't know why - I always have... and it just sounds so good live

PYT's: Tendoroni You've Got To Be Spark My Nature Sugar Fly With Me.
I just love how silky smooth that sounds...

Hold My Hand's:

This life don't last forever
So tell me what we're waiting for
Better off being together
Being miserable alone

This one just make me emotional... but in a good way....
I also love hearing it coz it is recorded after everyone was saying he couldn't sing anymore - he sounds damn fine to me.

There are so many but I'm gonna go with this one "She Said He's Not Coming Back, Because He's Sleeping With Me" 'Dirty Diana' :D

My favourite lines are from Who is it.

"I am the damned, I am the dead, I am the agony inside the dying head..."

I really would like to know, how and why these lines came to his mind. It´s heartbreaking...

Back