Favorite live performance of Wanna Be Startin Somethin

analogue

Proud Member
Everytime Michael performed Wanna Be Startin Somethin it always sounded defferent each time. Which one is your favorite?

Dangerous, Bucharest / Victory, Kansas

I liked the vocals in TII...but most of the footage was the orange "pants" and silver jacket. His dancing seemed pretty off on that day.

Last edited:
I actually really loved the performance from TII. It wasn't too sped-up (unlike the Dangerous tour), his vocals weren't too growly and out-of-breath (like the HIStory tour) and the band sounded awesome (unlike the Bad tour).

I also like his interaction with the guitarist.

My favorite peformance's of Wanna Be Startin Somethin' are from the 1988 European leg of the Bad Tour (live loved the synth driven sound of Wanna Be Startin Somethin' from this part of the Bad Tour).

I always thought Michael should have dropped Wanna Be Startin Somethin' from the set list of the Dangerous and HIStory tours, because Wanna Be Startin Somethin' is a song that is made for opening concerts and not as a second song on a set list.

I love Michael's performance of Wanna Be Startin Somethin' on the This Is It movie. Great vocals (even though he's not singing at full range to save his voice), and I love the fact that Michael changed the routine of Wanna Be Startin Somethin that was more a less the same from the Victory Tour to the HIStory Tour (though the "HOOoo" and "Come On Baby, Come On Baby, Hee Hee, Aoaw, Wanna Party" part at the end of Wanna Be Startin Somethin' was different on the 1988-89 leg of the Bad Tour to all of the other tours), with Michael doing the same opening pose and dance routine with his dancers. I like the fact that Michael was performing the first part of Wanna Be Startin Somethin' on stage alone, and that the dancers didn't appear on stage until after the guitar segment. I also loved Michael's new arm movements around the guitarist on the performance of Wanna Be Startin Somethin', which was also something new Michael had never done before when performing the song.

I have a question, regarding the TII performance of WBSS....

Was the accapella part of Speechless intended to be performed in the middle before breaking back into the song or was that just how they pieced the footage together in the movie??

^^
It was intented to break up the two parts of WBSS. Mike's idea.

^^ so awesome :) my favorite is the This Is It version, I love it so much :) I need to sew it now :eek: ahahaha :D

I love the Bad Tour Rome, I know it's short, but I love it.

We have a little bit of footage from Dangerous Tour Wembley, and even just from those little clips I can say its my favourite. This is why i'm dieing to get that show.

I love the late Bad Tour versions of WBSS (Tokyo, LA) as well as the early Dangerous Tour renditions, when the pitch was still higher (Oslo, Stockholm, Rome, etc.)

Back