It's not me, It's you - Lilly Allen
The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga
The Fall - Norah Jones
She Wolf - Shakira

What's Your's???

Last edited:
Re: Favorite Album of 2009?

Uh...I don't have one.

Although if I HAD to choose one, it'd be This Is It, but only because it has the new song and Planet Earth Poem...

Prince ~ MPLSound & Lotusflow3r
Charlie Wilson ~ Uncle Charlie
Basia ~ It's That Girl Again
Chrisette Michele ~ Epiphany

Those are the only albums that I bought that were actually released this year. I also bought the Genesis 1970-1975 box set, but that came out late last year, and it's not really new material (although there is previously unreleased songs on it). Although not an album, the Stevie Wonder concert DVD Live At Last is really good too.

umm let me see

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster
Bon Jovi - The Circle
Susan Boyle :lol: great cd -- wild horses is real good
Gin Wigmore - Holy Smoke (best NZ artist)
U2 - No line On The Horizon
and the Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D

and i just got Robbie William's new one and it sounds okay XD

Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel - Mariah Carey (if anyone knew she had one out)
Alicia Keys - The Element of Freedom
Tori Amos - Abnormally Attracted to Sin

Lionel Richie - Just Go

That's the only album this year that I've liked more than half the album.

And before someone attacks me - Yes, I'm into recycled Stargate beats :)

Whaaat?!

I had no idea what so ever that he dropped an album this year - last album I heard from him was "Charlie, last name Wilson" (really great album BTW)

I'm gonna look into this! :)

Alicia Keys - The Element of Freedom
Joss Stone - Colour Me Free
Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
Boris - Live My Life (Dutch soul/R&B artist / friend of mine)
Sabrina Starke - Yellow Brick Road (Dutch artist a la India.Arie)
John Mayer - Battle Studies (not liking all the songs though)
Royksopp - Junior

And just those 'Best Of' albums from Sade, Janet, Seal, Stevie, Prince etc. that have been brought out this year.

It's not so much this year, plus I'm the type that keeps reinventing the old albums from 20 years ago and stuff over and over again... :lol:

hmm... the only new album i bought and heard this year (and it was very impulsive and random purchase), was Joss Stone's Colour Me Free but it actually turned out to have a few good tracks on it imo.

but i'm gonna buy also Robin Thicke's and Maxwell's and also This Is It later, i doubt there's anything else interesting to get and i wasn't in the mood for new music this year either.

One Republic - Waking Up

Rihanna - Rated R

Those are the only ones I bought this year.

Very weak year. I'd go with Robbie Williams' Reality Killed Video Star and then the second best is Three Days Grace's Life Starts Now.

Whaaat?!

I had no idea what so ever that he dropped an album this year - last album I heard from him was "Charlie, last name Wilson" (really great album BTW)

I'm gonna look into this! :)
Here's an interview from March of this year around the time his album was released.
[youtube]HgUYKnB7qow[/youtube]

Prince ~ MPLSound & Lotusflow3r
Basia ~ It's That Girl Again
Chrisette Michele ~ Epiphany

Those are the only albums that I bought that were actually released this year. I also bought the Genesis 1970-1975 box set, but that came out late last year, and it's not really new material (although there is previously unreleased songs on it). Although not an album, the Stevie Wonder concert DVD Live At Last is really good too.

She is great. Was her album any good? The singles that I heard so far are pretty good.

Here's an interview from March of this year around the time his album was released.
[youtube]HgUYKnB7qow[/youtube]

Thank you maestro!
I listened to his new album, I felt so so about it - not as soulful as his previous album :/

I liked "Can't Live Without You" (BTW here's Mario's demo version) and "What You Do To Me" though.

I really like the bonus track "Jump In" - I haven't managed to find the other bonus track "Let You Go", yet.

She is great. Was her album any good? The singles that I heard so far are pretty good.
It's nice, but it's kinda different than the 1st album.
Thank you maestro!
I listened to his new album, I felt so so about it - not as soulful as his previous album :/

I liked "Can't Live Without You" (BTW here's Mario's demo version) and "What You Do To Me" though.

I really like the bonus track "Jump In" - I haven't managed to find the other bonus track "Let You Go", yet.
I think "Charlie Last Name Wilson" is the best overall of his 4 solo albums. I've heard that the Wilson brothers have been working on a new Gap album, don't know if it's true or not, but they still tour together.

Lady GaGa - the fame monster
MJ - this is it
Adam Lambert - FYE

BLACKsummers'night-Maxwell
Rated R-Rihanna

Honorable Mention: The Rebirth-Bobby Valentino, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel-Mariah Carey, The Bridge-Melanie Fiona, In a Perfect World-Keri Hilson

Back