Favorite accents

analogue

Proud Member
What are some of your favorites accents from people?

I really love the Irish accent

Lebanese/Syrian accents when they speak Arabic. beautiful dialect.

there are hundreds of lovely-sounding accents.

i love German,scottish and USA english accent a lot.
Also love French,specially if it is a men talking.

english-american and british
spanish-mexican, puerto rican
greek
arabic
indian
french
irish
folks from barbados

Can't say I have a favorite, per se, but the Australian accent and phrases seem to bring a smile to my face whenever I hear someone speaking that is an Aussie. (hope "Aussie" is an acceptable term to use)

Last edited:
Some of you have said British, but there are 4 countries in Great Britain being England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. So there are 4 different accents, plus in England there are a large number of accents some of which many people outside Great Britain aren't aware off.

I really love Japanese. I also love the English (From U.K. and Australia), when they spoke old English, I giggled and I would practice talking like that. I always say "whatever" as in "whateva".

Some of you have said British, but there are 4 countries in Great Britain being England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. So there are 4 different accents, plus in England there are a large number of accents some of which many people outside Great Britain aren't aware off.

true theres no real uk accent because every area has a different sounding one theres different scottish welsh,english accents depending on where in the country you come from. i presume ppl mean queens english when they think of an english account theres no standard accent for any country. every area has different tones

personally i like the soft irish accent and italian

Boston accent.
icon14.gif

I like Australian accent, it's very unique and funny at times;) But I like General American accent the most, I'm attracted by its simplicity (as opposed to British accent, which requires a lot of effort;) )

^ LOL I didn't like it :bugeyed

I love the Irish and Scottish accent

lol mj had been reading to many cockney rhyming slang books lol he would have given dick van dyke in mary poppins a run for his money lol

Ever since I watched brittish BB and there was that cute Scottish guy (OMG I forgot his name, the winner of that years BB)
For English:
Scottish accent is something I just love listening. Irish too. I used to favor US accent over brittish but now I like the brittish accent more. But I also like the way people talk in the southern states of USA.

For Finnish
I like
Eastern and north Finnish accents(oulu, kuopio,joensuu), Some of the west side (Seinäjoki, Lapua) and the way people talk in Tampere. Pori accent is funny. Basically I like people who don't chanege their way of talking just because they move to big city in the south.

Hm.. Irish, Scottish.. Is there something called "standard English" = A pure form of British English?

Back