Fave MJ Era At The Moment?

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
What MJ era/album are you into at the moment? If any at all, (because I know there are those that probably haven't listened to MJ's music in a while). My fave right now is the early-mid 70's though. I'm really digging MJ's solo stuff when he was on Motown. I can't stop listening to songs like "Got To Be There", "One Day In Your Life", "Maria", "Farewell My Summer Love", "Aint No Sunshine", etc. Some of these songs are just so soulful and always put me in a good mood. I'm also obsessed with live performances from this era too , I can't seem to stop watching clips on youtube of MJ solo or with his brothers. I'm always like "okay just one more clip and then i'm going to bed" but before I know it it's like 3am and almost time for me to get to work or school in a few hours lol, I really need to stop, but I just love this period of MJ's career.

Last edited:
I really can't stop listening to Bad right now! Don't know what it is.......hmmm.......well actually I think it's Liberian Girl. I can't get enough of that song right now. Such a unique song to put on an album. I don't think anyone has made such an original mainstream song as Liberian Girl. It cannot compare to anything i've heard from any mainstream artist.
Was it a #1 on the charts for Michael? I don't recall.

But yeah the Bad era is my thing right now. Everything about it. The look, def. the tour. I keep going to youtube and looking up old Bad performances! Oh yeah........and the hair!

Bad/Dangerous.

He sounds fucking sexy, LOOKS fucking hott as as shit and his moves on stage are amazing. Nuff said my bredrins. Lol.

I think he was incredibly hot during HIStory. I liked his short hair style, and his wardrobe. I love scream, TDCAU, and most of all SIM. I just love the HIStory album. even though the Dangerous era was more fun, but I really fell in love with him during HIStory.

And that teaser was off the hook (who says that anymore?:))

Well the songs I'm listening to right now are mostly from Invincible. I just think it truly conveys Michael's feelings in this strong, agonizing way.

Of course I love allll of his albums and songs as well ;)... but currently it's Invincible alll the baby!!! :p lol

im into the bad era ive been watchin my bad tour dvds and moonwalker ldvd like crazy for like 2wks lol

The Dangerous Era would've been the most Amazing Era had the allegations never happened IMO.

It's still my favourite Era overall :)

well ive been listening to the invincible album quite a lot lately

I get into certain eras at certain times and I'll go through my dvd's and youtube vids and go craaazy, lol! And then I'll see another clip or vid that I want to see from another era, and then I'll be into that era!!!! It's crazy!
Right now I think I am in the jacksons era, like 75-82- ish... I feel like I'm movin into the thriller era, and I think it's time to break out the unauthorized interview and making of thriller!!!

I know how ya feel man! I've been wearing out my Moonwalker vhs. I'm trying to convince my brother to convert it to dvd before it busts on me!

just buy the dvd lol. i have my old vhs from when i was a kid and i have an unopened 1 and i have the official dvd. i ordered mine from the phillipines tho lol it got here pretyy qucik. but that was almost years ago lol and still fresh as if i bought it yesterday lol..next week im sure ill be back into my usual dangerous mode lol

right now,I'm into the Jackson 5/Jacksons/Off The wall eras so like basically pre Thriller.

just buy the dvd lol. i have my old vhs from when i was a kid and i have an unopened 1 and i have the official dvd. i ordered mine from the phillipines tho lol it got here pretyy qucik. but that was almost years ago lol and still fresh as if i bought it yesterday lol..next week im sure ill be back into my usual dangerous mode lol

Lol, I know I know!!! You're not the first person that's told me that. I just need to get my purchasing priorities straight. I seem to like to buy things I don't need.

My favorite eras are Bad/ Off The Wall, but with Off The Wall it's 1979-81. But at the moment I'm really in to the Thriller era, and era I remember very well.

I get into certain eras at certain times and I'll go through my dvd's and youtube vids and go craaazy, lol! And then I'll see another clip or vid that I want to see from another era, and then I'll be into that era!!!! It's crazy!
Right now I think I am in the jacksons era, like 75-82- ish... I feel like I'm movin into the thriller era, and I think it's time to break out the unauthorized interview and making of thriller!!!
OMG, you must be inside of my head MJsPYT1, because as of now I am so stuck on that era. I stay watching the Destiny Tour, Triumph Tour, and the unauthorized interview. Michael was so soulful on Let Me Show You The Way.. Plus his afro was so on point during the 70s.:wub:

.. the remixes.

i've drained Mike dry now, by ten-fold. the comfort zone i always go back to is 'Off The Wall', 'The Jacksons Live!' and 'Dangerous'.

Right now it's Bad and Invincible. Because I love the songs from those albums, and I think he was incredible sexy at the Invincible-period, and ofcourse his wardrobe at the Bad-tour.. HOT!

off the wall, a lot of soul and classic songs in that era, he sounds relatively young still, as his voice hadn't deepened to the bad/dangerous eras

Back