Faults/Errors in songs

SIDEWALK

Proud Member
Do you know of any songs with dodgy notes, out of time drums, muffling in the background etc etc. I need to find three songs for an assigment but I just can't find any :(
Hope someone can help??

Jennifer Lopez: on her first album she did a song sampling a salsa track & her singing on that track is a bit off towards the end of it, as I remember. It really stands out.

Do you know of any songs with dodgy notes, out of time drums, muffling in the background etc etc. I need to find three songs for an assigment but I just can't find any :(
Hope someone can help??

well..although in music, that is usually considered to be raw and wonderful inspiration, here is an example where the woman seems to be singing higher than the background music. Paper Planes by Mia. her pitch seems to be north of where it 'should be'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sei-eEjy4g

Is there someone who knocks on the door where/when Michael is recording Beat It and its clearly heard on the track?

There's the old "album cover model being murdered by the manager" scream on the Ohio Players' "Love Rollercoaster". That story isn't true though. At the beginning of Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" there's a sax solo. The musician was just warming up and was unaware that he was being recorded, but Marvin liked it and kept it. Theres lots of old songs where the tempo fluctuates, but maybe not in any noticable way unless you compare it to a metronome.

Not sure it's an exact error, but at the end of "Fall Again" on MJ's The Ultimate Collection, they are doing this note-bending sound, and MJ says "That's cool" or something right when the note hits, and because the note is in his register, it sounds like his voice is cracking or something, even though I don't know if it's his voice at all. Either way, it turns out sounding like a bum note.

It's only a demo though, so I don't know if it counts.

the jacksons- your ways

at about 3:50, after Michael does the "tsssjkktjjii" you can hear him say "okay, alright" (turn up your music), I think. But I'm not sure if that was supposed to be there or not...
I know I've heard another one in another song but I can't remember which one, it was more like, just a sound that wasn't supposed to be there, some kind of mumble, let me search a bit ;)

edit: I found it
The jacksons - wait

at about 3:24
sounds like: "...I can't hold back my tears any longer 'mmnnagain' you pushed my ..."

I'm lovin' the victory album lately LOL.
I hope you find your 3 songs:)

Last edited:
Paul McCartney hits a wrong note on the piano on Let It Be.

I didn't know that "Your Ways" was on Victory. It must be a hidden track, because I've never heard it on there, lol. Ringo yells "I've got blisters on my fingers!" at the end of "Helter Skelter" because he'd been playing all day. It was left in. On some James Brown live tracks, when a band member messed up, he'd sing something like "I Got Ya" to the person, but the audience would think it was part of the song.

I didn't know that "Your Ways" was on Victory. It must be a hidden track, because I've never heard it on there, lol. Ringo yells "I've got blisters on my fingers!" at the end of "Helter Skelter" because he'd been playing all day. It was left in. On some James Brown live tracks, when a band member messed up, he'd sing something like "I Got Ya" to the person, but the audience would think it was part of the song.

It's not on Victory, it on triumph
the person who put it on youtube obviously made a mistake :D
'wait' is on the victory album though:yes:

if hearing people speaking in the background is also considered a fault then listen to Coldplay's 42 - once the song gets uptempo you can hear the voice of one of the bandmates saying something...dunno what.

It's going to be very difficult for you to find songs like this, because in the studio the artist does as many takes as he/she wants to get everything right and takes as much time as they want on the mixing to make sure it's perfect.

I have a few songs that I've recorded with my unsigned band where you can hear unwanted background talking/noises, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

For example, our drummer took ages to get the end of one song right. When he finally gets it and the song finishes you can hear us applauding, but he was just pissed off at that stage and he shouts "Die" at us.

There is this old disco song from the 70's I think.. at the beginning, the drum or whatever instrument it is hits at the wrong time like too early.. I thought it was just a vinyl skipping but everytime I hear it on the radio it does the same. I just don't know the name of the song or band.

Back