Fascinating discovery regarding "Another Day"

Upside

Proud Member
As some of you may (or may not) know, I am a fan of the Spyro the Dragon video game series. In around May 2009 I managed to complete the first and second Spyro games on my computer using an PlayStation One emulator.

Earlier today, I was browsing for YouTube videos of Spyro 2 because I was slightly bored, and came accross something rather spectacular regarding the music...

[youtube]EIa69rlDMyY[/youtube]

As I said, I first started playing this around May 2009, long before Another Day had leaked (I had played it as a child, but that was a long time ago). When Another Day did leak, I didn't recognise that it was used on Spyro 2.

Spyro 2 was released in 1999.

This begs the question really - WHAT ON EARTH?

For the music alone, click here.

I gotta feeling that I've heard the same while playing Spyro many years ago.

Interesting... hmm, is there any information about Michael or Lenny working with musics of Spyro?

this was probably a beat loop from some sample / loop library
that producers use.
Seems they used the same library for Another Day.
Lenny said the leaked version was a raw version though.
they maybe replaced that loop later with original percussion. we'll see.

when i first heard Another Day this beat loop sounded a little familiar to me already.
(i never played any videogames.)
could also be a sample from some triphop group like Massive Attack, Tricky or so.

this was probably a beat loop from some sample / loop library
that producers use.
Seems they used the same library for Another Day.
Lenny said the leaked version was a raw version though.
they maybe replaced that loop later with original percussion. we'll see.

when i first heard Another Day this beat loop sounded a little familiar to me already.
(i never played any videogames.)
could also be a sample from some triphop group like Massive Attack, Tricky or so.

Oh wow. Thanks a lot for the info.

Nice find, I have another one as well from Dragonball, it sounds pretty much the same as Spyro.

4:55

Back