Fans' Thriller tribute to Jackson

Tom

Proud Member
Hundreds of Michael Jackson fans have gathered in Leicester and London to perform a dance to the song Thriller in tribute to the star.

Organisers estimated that about 500 dancers performed in Orton Square outside the Curve Theatre in Leicester.

About 100 dancing fans also gathered in London's Trafalgar Square to honour the star on what would have been his 51st birthday.

Another dancing event is also being held in Mexico.

In October 1,227 dancers dressed as zombies gathered in Nottingham to set a world record.

Organisers had been hoping to set a new mark for Thriller dancers gathered in one place on Saturday.

'Incredible'

Anand Bhatt, one of the Leicester organisers, said the event was aimed at getting different communities together.

Mr Bhatt said: "Music and dance is such a powerful way of bringing people together.

"Free Thriller dance workshops have been held at Desi Masti studios in Leicester all summer to get people to take part.

"The dance sessions for many are also a workout helping to tackle diabetes, heart disease and obesity."

London organiser Ilana Lorraine said: "When Michael Jackson died I thought I'd organise something on his birthday that would bring everyone together as one.

"It all came together and it was incredible. The place was full of people."

Ms Lorraine, 30, from north London, said she planned further Jackson-related flash-mobs in the capital.

"I'm a massive fan of Michael Jackson so I 100% want to keep him alive," she said.

---

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/8228433.stm
There is also a short video of the dance taking place, it looked so cool :)

There was even little children performing the dance as well! :D It looked fantastic :D

Back