Fanmade Myths

A. Sizzle

Proud Member
We all get upset when we read or hear stories about Mike that are obviously false. At the same time, I think us fans have made up some stories about Mike to defend him in some way. With all the tabloid junk (see what I did there?) I think we as fans should strive to always give the truth, regardless of if its favorable or not.

I'm strictly talking about the music, performance and his artistry. This is groove theory right? :punk:

What prompted me to create this thread is the HIStory tour. We know he lip syncs the entire concert except for adlibs here and there as well as WBSS. But laryngitis? For like 2 straight years? :doh: I really think this is a fanmade myth. I just don't believe it!

So lets have a discussion and try to clear the air about some of these fanmade myths. We can even discuss things that we think fans have made up.

And if someone can point me to some legitimate evidence of his 2 year laryngitis, it would be greatly appreciated and I will apologize for being slightly upset that he mimed the whole tour:)

well, he had problems with his lungs. it's right there in the coroner's report.

and he told about it to Quincy who didn't believe him.

Michael was definatly having problems with his voice on the HIStory tour. Just listen to the way he sings Wanna Be Startin Somethin and parts of Billie Jean and Beat It. You can tell that something isn't right with his voice

Michael was definatly having problems with his voice on the HIStory tour. Just listen to the way he sings Wanna Be Startin Somethin and parts of Billie Jean and Beat It. You can tell that something isn't right with his voice

I don't want this thread to just focus on the HIStory tour because we've been down that road a million times in various threads. Something definately isn't right because, to be frank, he sounds horrible on some of the WBSS performances I've watched. But at the same time, I think he sounds pretty good at the end of a lot of the YANA performances.

I've never heard any official reason for the lip syncing. I was just pointing out that a 2 year bout of laryngitis doesn't seem plausible.

On another note, what about all of those supposed acetates that have leaked? I feel like some of those aren't real but others strike me as official. Anyone have any information?

I've often wondered if this supposed 2003 album that MJ was supposed to be working on before the arrest was a myth.

We all get upset when we read or hear stories about Mike that are obviously false. At the same time, I think us fans have made up some stories about Mike to defend him in some way. With all the tabloid junk (see what I did there?) I think we as fans should strive to always give the truth, regardless of if its favorable or not.

I'm strictly talking about the music, performance and his artistry. This is groove theory right? :punk:

What prompted me to create this thread is the HIStory tour. We know he lip syncs the entire concert except for adlibs here and there as well as WBSS. But laryngitis? For like 2 straight years? :doh: I really think this is a fanmade myth. I just don't believe it!

So lets have a discussion and try to clear the air about some of these fanmade myths. We can even discuss things that we think fans have made up.

And if someone can point me to some legitimate evidence of his 2 year laryngitis, it would be greatly appreciated and I will apologize for being slightly upset that he mimed the whole tour:)

let me interject what i feel is a fan myth. that he does a lot of lip synching. please don't include me in the 'we know' or, 'we all know' statements. because i don't agree with all of them. i have heard a warm up tape of Michael doing vocal excercises with Seth Riggs, and the heights and depths of where he goes, before every concert explode the lip synch myth, for me. so, for the fans that want to go on believing the lip synch myth..that is your perrogative..not mine... i realize he is a once in a lifetime talent, and it may be hard to believe that he could dance like that, and sing at the same time..even during HIStory..but..my beliefs are elsewhere. To me, he sounded great.

thanks...:)

Michael really had problems with his lunge.... this thread is unfair and judgmental...

RESPECT MICHAEL, HE CANT NO LONGER DEFENSE HIMSELF

let me interject what i feel is a fan myth. that he does a lot of lip synching. please don't include me in the 'we know' or, 'we all know' statements. because i don't agree with all of them. i have heard a warm up tape of Michael doing vocal excercises with Seth Riggs, and the heights and depths of where he goes, before every concert explode the lip synch myth, for me. so, for the fans that want to go on believing the lip synch myth..that is your perrogative..not mine... i realize he is a once in a lifetime talent, and it may be hard to believe that he could dance like that, and sing at the same time..even during HIStory..but..my beliefs are elsewhere. To me, he sounded great.

:clapping: you said it all:agree:

i mean, and what is this thread??

is JUDGMENTAL and lacks content...really...

RIP MICHAEL, may your artistry live on, with the ones who know appreciate it.

He had Lupus for god sakes. Surprised he even did such a great concert back then and was doing great for This is It. Who cares if he couldn't sing live anymore because of his lupus. He still pulled in the effort and did a great show. Personally I think he sang live at all times but that's just me.

The man has suffered too much in one lifetime.

He had Lupus for god sakes. Surprised he even did such a great concert back then and was doing great for This is It. Who cares if he couldn't sing live anymore because of his lupus. He still pulled in the effort and did a great show. Personally I think he sang live at all times but that's just me.

The man has suffered too much in one lifetime.

couldnt sing anymore ? did you not see this is it ?

couldnt sing anymore ? did you not see this is it ?

I did see it. When I say can't sing anymore, I meant singing as strong as he did in the 70's and early 80's. The lupus was killing his lungs by the late 80's, so he wasn't singing pitch perfect as before although he still had a great voice.

I saw This is it. He struggled with a few songs, but it was rehearsal and he hadn't toured in eons. Also, again , Lupus. The autopsy said his lungs were very inflamed, so imagine.

I did see it. When I say can't sing anymore, I meant singing as strong as he did in the 70's and early 80's. The lupus was killing his lungs by the late 80's, so he wasn't singing pitch perfect as before although he still had a great voice.

I saw This is it. He struggled with a few songs, but it was rehearsal and he hadn't toured in eons. Also, again , Lupus. The autopsy said his lungs were very inflamed, so imagine.

I can't agree with you here..Human Nature in TII was the BEST and STRONGEST I've ever heard him sound with that.....and he was just brilliant in IJCSLY in TII as well....absolutely flawless to me..those ad libs...WOW

Great post. I agree. :clapping:

Michael really had problems with his lunge.... this thread is unfair and judgmental...

This.

This kind of thread is the ones I see every year on many MJ fan sites.
No offence, but why do you call it 'Myth'?
the word is a little bit .. too much

I can respect that. After thinking about it, I would imagine he was singing under the play back. Not just opening his mouth without saying anything

Unfair and judgmental? Really? I'm aware of the lung problems he's had throughout his life. My only question was regarding the laryngitis, not the fact that he had lung problems.

This kind of thread is the ones I see every year on many MJ fan sites.
No offence, but why do you call it 'Myth'?
the word is a little bit .. too much

I say myths because just as some things are made up and reported on by various media outlets, I believe the same thing sometimes happens in the fan community. Maybe 'untruth' or 'made up story' would of been better.

I certainly didn't want to upset anyone with this thread. I was just trying to have a discussion about things that fans perpetuate but don't necessarily have proof of. I don't think that's any worse than wanting proof of what the media reports. I used the HIStory tour because it seems to be something I see often debated. I was just wondering if anyone had an article or video or something that would corroborate the story.

If this thread is gonna turn into a bash A. Sizzle thread, an argument about the HIStory tour or anything like that, then I ask that the mods close it. That was not the intention whatsoever.

If anyone is upset, I'm sincerely sorry

Back