Fan donations to charity in Michael's name. You can help!

THE CHARITY BANNER:
Some fans are going to make a HUGE banner with a short letter saying something along the lines of:

"In remembrance of one of the greatest humanitarians this world has ever seen, Michael Jackson's fans have donated money to _____ charity in his name. Michael, thank you for showing this world such unconditional love and for inspiring us to be better people. We will carry on your legacy of giving and you will shine on in our hearts forever."

The letter will most likely be done in paint and it will be BIG so that the media and the people there purely for the spectacle can see it. We REALLY want Michael's message to be heard. We want people to realize what Michael did with his life and what was closest to his heart--healing the world/charities. This banner will be hung somewhere outside of the memorial service and funeral.

So, I urge you to PLEASE join us and donate ANYTHING YOU CAN to the cause.

THE CHARITY:
As of now: Make a Wish Foundation, because that's what the majority of fans want thus far. If you guys decide you would rather donate somewhere else, majority rules. (Other charities I mentioned were Keep a Child Alive and St. Jude's Hospital. But, there are many.)

THE DEADLINE:
***You have until THE NIGHT BEFORE THE MEMORIAL SERVICE (Monday night??) to DONATE and to VOTE ON WHICH CHARITY WE DONATE TO. (Majority rules.)***

HOW TO DONATE:
-Sign up for an account (if you don't already have one) with PayPal. www.paypal.com.
-Send money to this paypal account:

slave_to_the_rhythm58@yahoo.com

(Be sure to spell rhythm correctly and the spaces are underscores.)

HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR MONEY IS REALLY GOING TO CHARITY:
-I will be forwarding the email receipt I get from the charity we donate to. Simply write me an email with your email address to that same email:
slave_to_the_rhythm58@yahoo.com.

-I can also give updates as to how we are doing. As this is being posted, we have only had three people donate. The total is $72. WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!!!

WHY SHOULD YOU DONATE?
By 2006, Michael donated over $300 MILLION to charities. He was one man. We are MANY!

Thank you SO MUCH for reading and for donating! Michael will be so happy...

Bump.

I think this is a good idea, i can't give much, because i'm only 15 and don't know how paypal works.
But i'll give whatever out of my pocket money for Michael i'm not sure which charity to give to (what about 'Heal The World' foundation?)

I've already made a banner this week saying HEAL THE WORLD FOR MICHAEL and a big picture of the world. And it has qotes from Man in the mirror on it!
I got extra mj dvds and stff for my birthday like ones i already got that im going to sell on ebay (dont worry i'll start them for like 50p I don't take advantage of fans) and that money will also go towards the heal the world foundation.

Heal the World Foundation makes a lot more sense, but do u guys remember the website was under some woman`s name and she was taking donations and wasnt very reliable??
i dont remember exactly what she did, but didnt sound right...

how are we gonna be sure its actually going to a real charity, without anyone taking advantage of this??
i am willing to help out charities with the refund i get from the tickets and flights...

Back