Fan Builds Michael Jackson Scarecrows in Taiwan

stance

Proud Member
101005123827_michael-jackson-scarecrow-in-taiwan.jpg

Here ise a video: http://www.wltx.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=626069503001

Changhua County, Taiwan (CBS, RTV) -- A Michael Jackson fan from Taiwan creates scarecrows in memory of the King of Pop.

Michael Jackson has been immortalized in photographs, figurines, wax sculptures, and now - scarecrows.

A Taiwanese salesman has created scarecrows resembling the King of Pop to chase away birds in his parents' fields in central Taiwan's Changhua County.

He came upon the idea with a hint of humor, in reference to one of Michael Jackson's trademark moves.

"During harvest, my dad would go to the fields every day to chase away the birds. And I thought, since Michael is good at 'grabbing his bird,' I'd invite Michael to grab birds in our fields," Lee Ping-hsing said.

Lee, who likes to imitate Jackson's style of dancing, said he was inspired by his idol to create his artworks.

He uses a wooden skeleton for the body, and a sponge for the face, then dresses up the scarecrow with Michael Jackson-style costumes, including the famous white sequined glove.

To make each scarecrow unique, the 30-year-old milk powder salesman poses his scarecrows to resemble the music icon's signature moves, as in "Thriller" for example.

Some of Lee's family do not approve of the macabre scarecrows.

"I was yelled at by my grandpa. He said his spirit could come back and haunt us, but I think it would be nice if Michael could come over," Lee said.

Some passers-by were amused by the unusual scarecrows standing in the rice fields.

"This is so different from normal traditions. I never thought I would see Michael Jackson chasing birds in the field," said an unnamed local resident.

Lee has already completed two Jackson scarecrows, and is currently working on a third one. He also painted an image of his idol on the wall of his house.

Jackson took a turn as the Scarecrow in a 1978 movie adaptation of "The Wiz."

http://www.wltx.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=101218&catid=35

"During harvest, my dad would go to the fields every day to chase away the birds. And I thought, since Michael is good at 'grabbing his bird,' I'd invite Michael to grab birds in our fields," Lee Ping-hsing said.

:ph34r:

grabbing his bird.... Yes, Michael's very gifted at that.
:rofl: :lmao:

This reminded me of his part in the Wiz as well. That's an awesome scarecrow. In that picture, it looks kind of real. haha.

it bet if someone would make toilet seats with michael on it,
some fans would love that too... because its michael. :smilerolleyes:

looks cool. but definitly misplaced.

Grabbing his bird lol... Very interesting new xD

Oh my! Imagine driving along and seeing this stood in a field!! You wouldn't believe your eyes would you? LOL!
I think it looks really cool though! haha! Very imaginative!

Here ise a video: http://www.wltx.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=626069503001

Changhua County, Taiwan (CBS, RTV) -- A Michael Jackson fan from Taiwan creates scarecrows in memory of the King of Pop.

Michael Jackson has been immortalized in photographs, figurines, wax sculptures, and now - scarecrows.

A Taiwanese salesman has created scarecrows resembling the King of Pop to chase away birds in his parents' fields in central Taiwan's Changhua County.

He came upon the idea with a hint of humor, in reference to one of Michael Jackson's trademark moves.

Lee, who likes to imitate Jackson's style of dancing, said he was inspired by his idol to create his artworks.

He uses a wooden skeleton for the body, and a sponge for the face, then dresses up the scarecrow with Michael Jackson-style costumes, including the famous white sequined glove.

To make each scarecrow unique, the 30-year-old milk powder salesman poses his scarecrows to resemble the music icon's signature moves, as in "Thriller" for example.

Some of Lee's family do not approve of the macabre scarecrows.

"I was yelled at by my grandpa. He said his spirit could come back and haunt us, but I think it would be nice if Michael could come over," Lee said.

Some passers-by were amused by the unusual scarecrows standing in the rice fields.

"This is so different from normal traditions. I never thought I would see Michael Jackson chasing birds in the field," said an unnamed local resident.

Lee has already completed two Jackson scarecrows, and is currently working on a third one. He also painted an image of his idol on the wall of his house.

Jackson took a turn as the Scarecrow in a 1978 movie adaptation of "The Wiz."

http://www.wltx.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=101218&catid=35

Oh:rofl:! I get it now... very creative:)

this won't chase away the birds, just will pull all the birds :laugh:

how do i know? if i were a bird, i would be on its shoulder magnetically. :laugh:

it's beautiful, thank you for sharing,

with L-O-V-E

Back