Family Friend, Dream Works Presents

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
Jobie Hughes (born July 9, 1980) is an American writer whose debut novel, I Am Number Four, a collaboration with writer James Frey, was published by HarperCollins on August 3, 2010, under pseudonym Pittacus Lore, and is the first book in a planned six-book series.

The film adaption is currently in-production by DreamWorks Studios, and will star Alex Pettyfer, Dianna Agron, Timothy Olyphant, and Teresa Palmer.

It is being produced by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg and directed by D.J. Caruso. The script was adapted by Al Gough and Miles Millar.

The production budget is estimated to be between $50 and $60 million, and the film's release is scheduled for February 18, 2011.

Hughes was raised in Spencer, Ohio, but currently resides in New York City.

He attended Ohio University and earned an MFA in Creative Writing from The Columbia University School of the Arts.

Publications

The Lorien Legacies series
I Am Number Four (August 3, 2010)
The Power of Six (Spring 2011)

References:

^ Jobie Hughes: About Me
^ James Frey and Co-Writer Sell Series to HarperCollins
^ I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
^ Timothy Olyphant Joins I am Number Four
^ DreamWorks film, "I Am Number Four," begins shooting here next month
^ 'I Am Number Four' finds 2 scribes
^ DreamWorks production of "I Am Number Four" to shoot in Pittsburgh
^ Local man's novel hits the big time
^ The Lorien Legacies

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.jobiehughes.com/

Congratulations Jobie..! See you at the book signing tonight in Spencer, Oh tonight..!

As Always
:angel:

Last edited:
Dear Jobie,
I am "very proud" of YOU for choosing to have your first book signing at home with your family, friends, and community...:punk:

All throughout your success, there will be many that will come, and many that will go...No matter where your success takes YOU...always remember that YOUR family and YOUR true blue friend (s) will be the one (s) that will "ALWAYS" be there for you..!

Sincerely,

As Always

:angel:

Pam's Sister Susie

You are bursting with pride, aren't you.?? And rightfully so. Big congrats to your family friend. Hoping he has a huge box office smash.

Back